Toonzone Picks: The Top Animated Shows of the 2010's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Here we are, just a short while away from closing out the decade. It brings upon us a time of reflection, contemplation and VOTING THREADS!!!

Up for debate in this thread:

What are your Top Animated Shows of the 2010's?!?
(Western shows)
(yes, this is your picks for the "Best of the Best" from all of the other lists on the forums)

Here's the set-up: Everyone will post their Top 10 (or at least your Top 5) picks in the category. Rank them in order, with your number one pick being which you feel is the absolute best, and going downward until you reach 10. The points go in reverse. Your #1 pick gets 10 points, #2 gets 9, etc. The total number of points determines it's placement in the final list.

We encourage everyone to explain their picks, but don't feel like you have to.

Voting will run from November 25th to December 16th! You can alter or edit any of your picks up until 11:59pm on December 16th, at which point all votes are final, the thread closed, and the final list determined.

Everyone get your votes in, and most importantly, have fun!

Last edited:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
To clarify: Yes, this is the "Best of the Best" thread, so feel free to include your top picks from Cartoon Network/Nick/Adult Swim/etc....but also remember to consider the FOX/Comedy Central Adult cartoons, stuff that aired on The Hub/Discovery, syndicated shows, PBS shows, etc....

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's not set in stone yet, but

1. Sofia The First
2. Elena Of Avalor
3. Littlest Pet Shop 2012
4. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
5. The Loud House
6. Gravity Falls
7. Adventure Time
8. Steven Universe
9. DuckTales 2017
10. OK KO! Let's Be Heroes!

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
1. Hubert and Takako
2. Over the Garden Wall
3. Samurai Jack (season 5)
4. Young Justice
5. Shaun the Sheep (2007-2016)
6. Sym-Bionic Titan
7. Amphibia
8. Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
9. Generator Rex
10. Clarence

Last edited:

5YearsOnEastCoast

1 The Amazing World Of Gumball
2 Penguins of Madagascar (it had more episodes this decade and I count it as 2010s cartoon)
3 Gravity Falls
4 Phineas & Ferb (it had more episodes this decade and I count it as 2010s cartoon)
5 Adventure Time
6 Sanjay & Craig
7 Regular Show
8 Teen Titans Go
9 Harvey Beaks
10 Total Drama (it had more episodes this decade and I count it as 2010s cartoon)

If those shows with brackets don't count, then I would add
11. Clarence
12. Loud House
13. Wander over Yonder

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
Only shows that premiered in the 2010s for me (Sorry, Jack):
  1. Young Justice
  2. Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes
  3. Primal
  4. Transformers Prime
  5. Gravity Falls
  6. Rick and Morty
  7. Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated
  8. Motorcity
  9. Over the Garden Wall
  10. Sonic Mania Adventures

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
1. Archer
2. BoJack Horseman
3. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
4. Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated
5. Adventure Time
6. Clarence
7. The Amazing World of Gumball
8. DuckTales
9. Steven Universe
10. Craig of the Creek

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
1) Dan Vs. - Endless bunches of thanks Hub for this always-made-me-cry-laughing-to-me-masterpiece. Loved it since the first time I watched it. Terrific writing, great humor, yeah. Only regret, it aired on The Hub, so exposure wasn't the best. Unless you were there for ponies. Satisfying end. It gets at least 10 points, so if that's all it has, I'll be the only voter NOT to be on his 'list', and I like it that way :) Big takeaway too, is having won a promotional here for it, to which I still have the signed poster and drawstring backpack to this day. Also, and I know I've brought this up before, but it was thanks to this series I came to TZ/AS in '11, though honestly I've already hit a decade on an account since completely forgetting my PW and possibly ID now from it.

2) Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! - Similar to Dan Vs., this too had me laughing a lot and with sme tears. I'm one of those that took this Scooby series' different style to enjoyment, and loved the new way to go about it with the recurring gimmicks, ala Daphne. Thanks WB for producing this still favorite of mine. (As of now, I've yet to watch 1 more unseen by me on DVR which I'm saving for Leap Day)

3) Regular Show - The best CN series to me of the decade. Great ensemble of characters and captivating moments with great art styles.

4) Adventure Time - Took me a while to get used to this one, but I had caught on [too late] and began to really enjoy what is/was a masterpiece. Awesome and vast amount of unique characters with different lands to explore.

5) Wabbit/New Looney Tunes - While Bugs was used heavily early on, I liked this style of cartoons used with familiar and new characters (Okay, I was a big fan of Bigfoot, I honestly liked many of his appearances the most) Later went toward nearly Looney Tunes-esque shorts with other characters without Bugs' involvement. I liked him roomies/housemates with a squirrel, and a familiar villain still so in Wile E as a neighbor.

6) The Amazing World of Gumball - Intriguing cast of characters from all sorts of dimensions and visual styles that begged to be eyeballed

7) Teen Titans GO! - Love or hate it based on CN's own spamming of it, WB did it again with using a known cast from the DC universe as teens and create[d] some great stories, with almost next to nothing unmentioned with a plethora of episodes dedicated to something you probably wouldn't imagine getting spotlight, which is to me a huge plus.

8) MAD - Oooh the parodies. My kind of thing, and MAD ... disappointed me. Actually, they didn't. I'm not sure which they'd find the genuine compliment (the former, 'probably') Loved Batman's voicework, the Batman of course in the style of the one that appeared on the Family Feud skit in early Season 1

9) Beware the Batman - I enjoyed this CGI series and storytelling that got me hooked. Too bad [as]/Toonami wrote it off. Easy rewatch otherwise.

10) Star vs. the Forces of Evil - Started this around when Season 3 premiered. Fun storytelling and cast of characters. Liked Marco's character a lot, felt very real.

Honorable mentions worth a whopping nothing!! Yay!!

Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who? - Fresh into the animated universe from this last summer. Saw the first 13. While great, I'd want to get to know it better much more before it has a top spot even if 13 is a high enough number for decisions, but... 2019 so, near-end of the 2010s doesn't help its matter

Samurai Jack (Season 5) - No offense to Jack and subject to my own opinion, but since Season 5 is a continue from the original series from the 2000s, decided it shouldn't be Top 10, but in regards, great action scenes and decent conclusion to the story - oh, and it's listed on the Top Adult Swim/Toonami of the 2010s, so, there ya go.

Bigawesome2000

I am only including shows that premiered in the 2010s (sorry Spongebob and Phineas)
1. Amazing World of Gumball
2. Apple & Onion
3. Adventure Time
4. Gravity Falls
5. Steven Universe
6. Regular Show
7. Loud House
8. Infinity Train
9. Amphibia
10. We Bare Bears
(yes I like AT and GF better than SU)

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Aw man, just 10? Alright let me try my hardest to do my favorite toons justice.
  1. Bojack Horseman
  2. Gravity Falls
  3. Over the Garden Wall
  4. The Amazing World of Gumball
  5. Steven Universe
  6. Regular Show
  7. Samurai Jack (season 5)
  8. Rick and Morty
  9. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
  10. Ducktales
Honorable Mentions:
  • Adventure Time
  • Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
  • Sym-Bionic Titan
  • Motorcity
  • Young Justice
  • Wander Over Yonder
  • Amphibia
  • Ballmastrz 9009
  • She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
  • Hilda
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Lastman
  • Moonbeam City
  • Primal
  • Voltron: Legendary Defender
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil
  • Infinity Train

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
This ain't easy, and I have a lot of ties, but... Here goes (don't worry, whatever I give the edge to is what should get the points, just to play by your rules proper - plus I've bolded these.)

Honorable mention - The Loud House / The Casagrandes (Nick)
(TLH got better in S2 when the focus was put more on the sisters/parents and somewhat less on Lincoln and/or Clyde's less than stellar/below average antics, honestly.
I still give an edge to The Casagrandes, simply for having better MCs (Ronnie Anne/Sid), despite the supporting cast being not all that much to shout home about, admittedly.)

10 - Penn Zero PTH / Randy Cunningham 9GN (Disney) / Rick and Morty [AS] (I feel Penn Zero deserves the points, simply for being something that resonated with me better, unlike most of what the internet obsesses over, anyway.)

9 - Dan Vs. / Bob's Burgers / Final Space (Bob's Burgers gets the points, though, if I could get away with it, all 3 would get them, though.)

8 - A tie between Tangled: TAS / Big Hero 6: TAS (And I give the edge to Tangled: TAS, just for being a better take on what Star Vs. failed so hard at doing, IMHO.)

7 - A huge tie between Wander Over Yonder, Gravity Falls, Milo Murhpy's Law, and Amphibia (give the points to Amphibia, though.)

6 - Harvey Beaks / Welcome to the Wayne (Nick) (Harvey Beaks gets the edge, though; Welcome to the Wayne was a somewhat better Gravity Falls for me, not a better looking show compared to GF, however.)

5 - Littlest Pet Shop 2012 / AWOO (2018) (I must give the edge to AWOO (2018), simply for knowing what it wants to be that little bit more; the 2012 show did get become an all-time favorite between S2 and S4, though - Blythe and her interactions with the pets had something to do with that. Also, forget the haters of BOTH of these overlooked gems.)

4 - Craig of the Creek / Clarence / OKKO / Mao Mao HPH / Unikitty! (CN) (give the points to Craig of the Creek, though.)

3 - Harvey Street Kids / Hilda / Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh
(Hilda is the best out of all 3; I'd give half the points to Tip & Oh for being so dang hilarious and endearing, unlike that trashy movie said show is based on, however, if I could.)

2 - Regular Show / Gumball / Adventure Time (CN) (Regular Show is the best outta all 3, though.)

1 - Ducktales 2017 / Legend of 3 Caballeros / Mickey Mouse Shorts (Disney) (w/ an edge (thus all points.) given to the Mickey Mouse shorts.)

And..... That's GAME and thank you for letting me play. Take care and may the next decade be just as good, if not better.

Last edited:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
1. Regular Show (Favorite Cartoon Network Show)
2. Harvey Beaks (Favorite Nick Show)

Rest of them in no order:

3. Adventure Time
4. Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart
5. Gravity Falls
6. Unikitty
7. MAD
8. Big City Greens
9. Bob’s Burgers
10. Hilda

Asa

1. Adventure Time (2010)
2. Amazing World of Gumball (2011)
3. Gravity Falls (2012)
4. Wander Over Yonder (2013)
5. Over the Garden Wall (2014)
6. Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (2015)
7. Loud House (2016)
8. Ducktales (2017)
9. Summer Camp Island (2018)
10. Casagrandes (2019)

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
1. Over the Garden Wall
2. Primal
3. Gravity Falls
4. Hilda
5. Bojack Horseman
6. Steven Universe
7. Infinity Train
8. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
9. OK KO: Let's Be Heroes
10. Adventure Time

(Descriptions to come)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
01. Young Justice - A pretty cool new take on several DC Comics characters.

02. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated - Probably the most interesting and unique takes on the Scooby franchise. Or at least the one I found the most intriguing.

03. Adventure Time - A little too weird at times, but overall the show had some pretty good moments throughout its run.

04. DuckTales (2017) - Pretty cool and kind of refreshing take on Donald Duck and his supporting cast.

05. Steven Universe - An entertaining series that manages to develop its characters pretty well, and handles well the comedy, action and drama for the most part.

ToonJay723

Staff member
1. Gravity Falls
2. Steven Universe
3. My Hero Academia
4. Hunter x Hunter
5. Harvey Beaks
6. Young Justice
7. Hilda
8. We Bare Bears
9. Regular Show
10. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

jaylop97

Staff member
I'll just say I don't keep up as much with cartoons nowadays to really hold a strong opinion barring these ones that I've seen just about most episodes. For most of the decade I've either kept up with CN shows (the first half) and Nick shows (second half).

1. Ben 10 Omniverse
2. The Loud House/Casagrandes,
3. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
4. Welcome to the Wayne
5. OK:KO Let's be Heroes
6. Total Drama: Ridonculous Race
7. TMNT 2012
8. Harvey Beaks
9. Craig of the Creek
10. Regular Show

Nobodyman

1. Steven Universe: Bright, fun, creative, both in its character designs and writing, astonishingly gripping and emotional, and it provides important life lessons to kids (and adults). Brought down only by the fact that the Gem Homeworld arc was really rushed, but I can forgive it. I can safely say it gets my pick for best animated western show of the 2010's. And it might be my favorite Cartoon Network show of all time.

2. Bojack Horseman: Somehow manages to balance absurd humor with incredibly heavy subject matter. Pretty much a must-see for anyone who has suffered depression, anxiety, or an existential crisis (and, hell, even if you haven't, it's still great). A shame we're on the last season when, apparently, the creators wanted to do more.

3. Phineas and Ferb: Kinda surprised how much I loved this show. Yes, the format of the show is highly formulaic and repetitive, but...yeah, that's kinda the point? It's almost like poetry in that its limitations paradoxically result in some wonderful creativity. Plus, the show is just charming and hilarious with its rapid-pace humor. Possibly my favorite Disney show ever.

4. Adventure Time: It was a great show that broke new ground and laid the foundation for future cartoons to follow. That said, it did go on too long and kinda started to lose me partway through. And, for some reason, the writers were deathly afraid of ever changing the status quo, which really hurt it in the long run. Still, it managed to go out on a satisfying note (although, supposedly, we're not entirely done yet).

5. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: If nothing else, it proved that shows for little girls don't have to be just for little girls. Though the writing isn't always the best, the Mane Six are all adorable and lovable, and the show delves into some surprisingly wacky humor at times. Though, like Adventure Time, it really didn't need to go on as long as it did. Season 4 or 5 would've been a nice stopping point, but the finale we did get was still pretty great.

6. Gravity Falls: Another fun and creative show with some of the best humor in a kids show in recent years. I don't think the writing was as strong as some other shows I've seen, and it could have used an extra season to flesh out its world a bit more, but still one of the best cartoons of the decade.

7. Ducktales (2017): As someone who never got into the original Ducktales (never watched it as a kid and it does nothing for me as an adult) I think this is really great modern update of the series. Not amazing or groundbreaking, but still a lot of fun.

8. The Loud House: Aside from the unfortunate revelations about the show's creator, this is still a really nice show. The writing isn't always the best and can be pretty cliched at times, but it makes up for it with a great cast of characters who all share relatable and heartwarming relationships.

9. Bob's Burgers: Nothing groundbreaking, but the cast is incredibly likeable and it actually has some really clever humor. Still need to get caught up on, like, the last three seasons though.

10. Star vs. the Forces of Evil: Not as cohesive or well-written as Steven Universe, Adventure Time, or Gravity Falls, but still a mighty fine show to come out of the decade that has good characters and also teaches great lessons to kids.

Honorable Mentions

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: I really, really, REALLY wanted to put this one on my list, because I really love what this show is trying to do, but...a few things hold me back from doing so. One, I only just binge-watched the show a few months ago, so I feel like I still need to wait and see how it holds up over the test of time for me. Also, while the first three seasons are good, they didn't exactly wow me and had trouble with balancing its characters (and, you know, making some of the characters compelling at all). Season 4, however, was where the show really started to come together for me and I very much look forward to Season 5.

Archer: I had an absolute blast binging and catching up on the first four seasons of this show. But after that, when I started watching it on a week-by-week basis, just...I dunno, the show just didn't have the same punch that it had. There was still enough good in it that I've kept up with the show, but at times I wonder why I do. Oh yeah, and the dream seasons were kinda weak.

Dan vs.: A show with a strangely simplistic yet innovative premise. I was positively charmed by the first few episodes I watched. Then I bought the DVD for the first season and...got kinda bored watching it. This show has some great ideas, but I wish were a bit stronger.

Infinity Train: Another "too-early-to-tell" situation. I really, really liked the first season and thought it had a great cast with some great comedy and drama, but I just don't think that's enough for it to make the list. Needs more time and I want to see how things go in season 2.

Legend of Korra: As crazy as it sounds, in some ways, I actually prefer this show over The Last Airbender. First, I never really get into Aang as a main character. I don't know, but something about him just always annoyed me. Korra, however, I think is a much more likeable lead. I also like how mellow the show is, as opposed to the larger-than-life ambition and drama of Last Airbender. I mean, both are good for what they are, but Korra puts me more at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.
Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.

Featured Posts