"Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles (Short-form Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Harley? I wonder if that means Vampire Batman has his own Joker? Though considering this Batman, and the rest of the League, don't have no-kill-rules, I doubt he'd last very long as the Clown Prince of Crime :sweat:.

An alien Green Lantern sounds really cool, and I wonder if Mary Marvel is as innocent as her comic counterpart in this crazy, messed up, realistic world of Gods and Monsters? Steel being in it is also cool, even if I suspect he and Superman probably aren't the friends in this universe that they are in most regular continuities :ack:.

Though more characters makes me wonder if the Gods and Monster Elseworlds League actually has a larger roster than just the Trinity, we just probably won't get to see any of of the others in the movie proper?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Though more characters makes me wonder if the Gods and Monster Elseworlds League actually has a larger roster than just the Trinity, we just probably won't get to see any of of the others in the movie proper?
What we're seeing with the movie and series could just be the beginnings of the League and no expansion has taken place yet. Based on the trailer with the meeting of scientists and the email, a whole of lot of them have never suited up as their classic counterparts have whether it be superheroes or supervillains. Maybe season 2 is about a JLU: Gods and Monsters. ;)

Frontier

Staff member
Knowing this universe, Flash will probably be a time-traveler with few moral scruples but a similar desire for control over the world named Eobard Thawne. Aquaman would probably be Ocean Master too :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
More interviews with Bruce Timm and new details. Like Mary Marvel is Pam Grier inspired and has a 70s outfit, the GL is fish-like, Jim Krieg is co-writer with him, their original idea for Wonder Woman, season two is a follow up to season one and the movie, currently working on season two scripts and in the season one promo there was "a woman being immolated alive by heat vision".

Did I mention Jim Krieg?! :D

Bruce Timm Teases Justice League: Gods and Monsters As A "Breath of Fresh Air" | Comicbook.com

Justice League: Gods and Monsters gives us Mexican-American Superman and more | Polygon

W.C.Reaf

I'm genuinely surprised that WB have put so much faith into this concept. Perhaps it's the Bruce Timm name, or perhaps they simply want to expand their scope outside the DVD line to create longer interest and more sustained income.

I'm excited all the same. DC animation just isn't the same without Mr Timm.

Maybe they're seeing how well a digital show works for their profit margins. With this and the Vixen series, as well as CN messing around with the shows, it does seem like they're exploring the digital market.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Machinima has announced a June 8th, 2015 premiere date for the first episode of the short-form Justice League: Gods and Monsters - Chronicles animated series. The announcement was coupled with a teaser image, included below, and the text "Can you guess which DC Comics character will be the first to show up?"

A talkback for the entire series will go up on June 8th, 2015, with this thread staying open for news updates, etc.

More details on Justice League: Gods and Monsters - Chronicles are expected to follow soon.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Wow, that's next week - pretty last second. I wonder if we'll get a trailer for this.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/31: I think they could always post the trailer shown only during the Machinima Upfront.

June 8? Got it. I'll take it.

Machinima updated that teaser image with Batman.

6/2: Some odds and ends, but noticed CBR's article confirmed Chronicles season one will be a prequel to the movie like the comics will be. And each episode is 7 minutes in length.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Justice League: Gods and Monsters - Chronicles trailer has landed, courtesy of Machinima.

[video=youtube;hNP88Go8C9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNP88Go8C9w[/video]​

Screengrabs and such can be found here.

Comments?

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Considering Bruce Timm's recent comments regarding Harley Quinn... that's certainly an interesting design choice he opted for.

Otherwise, this looks fantastic. Shame it's only three short installments, but they'll be a nice appetizer for the movie next month.

Frontier

Staff member
It looks like they basically went with Harley's first New 52 design, more or less,and I'm pretty sure that's Tara Strong back as Harley. From those glimpses, she definitely seems a lot more psychotic than normal Harley is, though I wonder if she's like this even without the influence of a Joker :ack:?

I wonder if Superman avoided helping those innocent lives entirely because he knew stopping Braniac would save them as a result or if he just genuinely didn't care? Definitely very un-Supermanlike though, and considering what we've seen before of this guy I could see it beibng either explanation :sweat:.

This Wonder Woman is definitely...aggressive. Though I bet Trevor appreciates it :p.

Was that Sivana as the scientist in the white house?

So:

Benjamin Bratt - Superman

Michael C. Hall - Batman

Tamara Taylor - Wonder Woman

Last edited by a moderator:

-batmat-

I think the 3 episode lenght is great, because it will take its time to introduce each character into this new world, one episode at a time, so we don't waste time with it in the movie. With season 2 , the universe will expand into other things. Bring it on!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nice treat having Mr. Timm introduce the trailer.

So the opposition appears to be Brainiac. Neat. The gunmen Wonder Woman and Steve fight look to have the color scheme of Kobra.

So it seems like one episode is Superman vs. Brainiac, another is Wonder Woman and Steve vs. Kobra and their giant lady robot, and the third is Batman and Harley Quinn.

Was that Sivana as the scientist in the white house?
Correct. He's one of the targeted scientists appearing in the movie, too.

EDIT: James Tucker did storyboarding and Frederik Wiedmann is doing the music for them.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This trailer was pretty awesome. Looking forward to the shorts premiering next week. Should be fun. Wonder if they'll end with a cliffhanger, which will only be solved in the movie.

Itchy

Scratchy's enemy
What's with the stitchmarks on Harley's neck? Is she a Frankenstein monster in this reality?

Frontier

Staff member
What's with the stitchmarks on Harley's neck? Is she a Frankenstein monster in this reality?
It looks like she did the same thing to that family...I'm not sure if those are self-inflicted or done to her, or if Harley's even human :ack:.

Itchy

Scratchy's enemy
I guess she could be a suicide survivor, but it looks more like someone sewed an albino head on a caucasian body. Harley's designs have been getting more and more weirder in recent years, but this one takes the cake so far.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How do I post comments on profile posts without that stupid ad on the bottom blocking me?
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts