"Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles (Short-form Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
It's not a question of visuals, it comes down to real life timing.

A comic book can depict action which takes place in a 1/10th of second using pages of exposition and numerous panels to narrate the action. It's up to the reader to manage his or her own pace in how fast the action "moves."

Unless you want everything on screen to run in slow motion (which is especially awkward looking in traditional animation - which is why it's rarely if ever used) the same technique cannot be applied. The viewer consumes on-screen visuals at a fixed rate of speed.

Super speed on screen needs to be super fast - - unless you like the slo-mo approach used by The Six Million Dollar Man in the 1970's.

Toddman
But I don't think that needs to be an issue.

The best Flash art is frenetic and constantly in-motion, almost as if it was animated rather then still panels, so having it actually be animated would only be one step forward from that in my opinion.

And unlike in the live-action show, where they would usually need to pad things out to fit an hour-long storyline and the FX budget, that would not be an issue for a cartoon. Everything else would be down to the writing and animators.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Decided to take a shot at asking Bruce Timm if there was anything he could say about Gods and Monsters during a DC in D.C. interview session. Got a one word answer: “Nope!”

So it would seem this thing remains in stasis, I’m sorry to say

Frontier

Staff member
Now that I think about it, I could see a return for Gods and Monsters fitting in well with the currently announced content for the DC Streaming Service.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What would it take for that to happen?
A ton of digital purchases of the movie and chatter on social media like Twitter with #JLGAM, @WarnerBrosEn, @WBHomeEn. There's not really a science to it but that's pretty much waht YJ fans did. Buy and Tweet.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I would love to see more in this universe but I do not have enough money to rebuy movies I already have. What Young Justice fans did was admirable, but I suspect most of them had more disposable cash than I do.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I would love to see more in this universe but I do not have enough money to rebuy movies I already have. What Young Justice fans did was admirable, but I suspect most of them had more disposable cash than I do.
1/13/18: Unfortunately, the movie did poorly in sales. I suspect a whole lot of pirating went on. Whatever the case, the plug got pulled on Chronicles season 2. Either that or something happened between WHV, Blue Ribbon, and Machinima that we plebeians aren't privy to. I suspect for every one title we know that got shelved, there's 20 more we don't know of that have a similiar fate.

2/3/19: A year later, Sam Liu shed a little more light on why Chronicles got shelved. It came down to funding because what basically sounds like a kiddie sandbox quarrel. "it was due to funding. Machinima wanted it then Home Video was going to take it but it got tied up so long the “hype window” was closed and they moved on."

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
2/3/19: A year later, Sam Liu shed a little more light on why Chronicles got shelved. It came down to funding because what basically sounds like a kiddie sandbox quarrel. "it was due to funding. Machinima wanted it then Home Video was going to take it but it got tied up so long the “hype window” was closed and they moved on."
Darn. Too bad they couldn't work things out :(.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.
I'm the best anime character. You will all bow down to me.
Well, THAT was a flop...Adventure Time will leave Adult Swim after two weeks...