"Justice League Revisited Hosted by Susan Eisenberg and James Enstall" Podcast Discussion Thread

DBTrilogy100

While taking a trip down Memory Lane regarding the DCAU series, Justice League, I stumbled upon a series of podcast interviews on the website, Podbay and was surprised to learn that Susan Eisenberg (the voice of Wonder Woman in the DCAU) has teamed up with a fan to conduct interviews with other cast members (such as George Newbern, Phil Lamar, Maria Canals-Barrera & Carl Lumbly), crew members (such as Dan Riba, Stan Berkowitz, Michael McCuiston & Kristopher Carter) and even fellow DCAU fans (such as James Strecker of Watchtower Database). Since Susan Eisenberg had expressed hope that these podcast interviews would give fans plenty of behind the scenes information and I didn't see a thread already dedicated to them, I figured that the staff of World's Finest might find these podcast interviews to be a great resource and that fellow DCAU fans on these forums would like to have a place to discuss the information these podcast interviews may reveal.

The link here leads to the list of "episodes" of the podcast series on Podbay and will be updated as a new "episode" is released with the current schedule being "every other Tuesday" (barring any outside factors that might cause any possible deviations, of course). Susan Eisenberg and James Enstall's goal is to cover every episode of both Justice League and Justice League Unlimited with some episodes having multiple "episodes" of their podcast series dedicated to them. As a heads up for the sake of one managing one's spare time, each "episode" of this podcast series is approximately an hour (give or take a few minutes) in length.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yes, I've been posting snippets of info in the Rejected thread and sometimes talkback threads since the podcast started. James is a bit too much in radio DJ mode but overall glad they are doing it, especially for the episodes that didn't get talked about much in terms of bts and making of.

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
I’m a regular listener, but I must confess that aside from the Barda bombshell in the first episode, the show doesn’t really say much about the series. Nothing we didn’t already know, anyway.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I’m a regular listener, but I must confess that aside from the Barda bombshell in the first episode, the show doesn’t really say much about the series. Nothing we didn’t already know, anyway.
There's been tidbits here and there aside from the Barda one. They do tend to drift to non-episode discussion too fast and by the time I see them asking for questions as they record, it's too late:

- Dennis Haysbert auditioned for Green Lantern John Stewart (JLR ep 2, 16:53.)

- Wonder Woman was chained, too, with Aquaman in The Enemy Below and he sacrifices hand to save her (11/14 ep., 16:52 mark)

-Brave/Bold a lot of bts stuff
9:12-11:29
I'd like to get a little bit to the background of how those writing credits ended up the way they did. Paul Dini was originally slated to write this one. He was very passionate about it and wanted to do it and he got through the first draft of the outline and then he had to reluctantly drop out of it because he was dealing with carpal tunnel issues and he couldn't write. So he came into my office practically in tears saying "I'm sorry, I can't do it." And at this point, we were behind schedule. We had all sorts of stories in various phases of production and I'm like, "Oh my God, what am I gonna do now?" So Bruce and I sat down and went over the material we had so far. It wasn't working the way we wanted to so we restructured it and beat it out the way we wanted to and I wrote it up so that was the outline but I still didn't have a writer for it. And I asked--all my A-writers were already on assignment for me so I couldn't double dip with them so I asked around and Alan Burnett was working on Static Shock at the time and he said, "I've been working with Dwayne McDuffie and he's really good and he's just finished an assignment for me so if you want to ask him, go ahead." So I said, "Oh, that'd be great." I was familiar with Dwayne's comic book work but I didn't know him. So I called him up, got him on the phone, "Hey, I'm doing Justice League, you want to do this? We got a story for you." He was like, "Yeah. Okay." And I said "Ok, I'll send over the material and if you have any questions." "Ok." And that was it.

22:20-23:00
Well, the original working title was "Gorilla Warfare" and we thought that was a little too cute for the room. And then we were looking at the fact this is really a team up episode with Flash and Green Lantern and, of course, when you think of team up, Brave and the Bold is the team up show. Normally, it was Batman but it was the idea you're pairing two heroes up in an unusual adventure and that's what we were keying off of

25:19-26:05
In the original script, we had him zapped and to him in the lab being struck by lightning which is the Flash main thing and we were like that's good but we need to expand on it so we started talking about what we could do in that idea and getting all these weird psychedelic images that came directly from comic book covers into it and from that seed idea of zapped and a little bit of flashback, we extended that into this whole sequence. I think it was boarded before the script was written then was incorporated into the script.

28:23-28:53
That was--"don't heckle the supervillain" was Dwayne's. In the outline, it said "Flash razzies Grodd" so we didn't know what the line was gonna be. So when he wrote that in, I was "Oh my God, that's perfect." Yeah.

DBTrilogy100

Earlier this week, the official Twitter/X page for this series of podcast interviews shared a post that not only confirmed an "episode" dedicated to "Legends" being released this week but also shared the planned schedule for the "episodes" dedicated to the rest of Season 1 of Justice League. Assuming no schedule conflicts cause any changes, it looks like Season 1 of Justice League will be covered in its entirety by the end of April, which seems to suggest that Season 2 of Justice League will begin being covered as early as May.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts