International Nickelodeon thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularCapital

Staff member
On the topic of old Nick stuff, I wrote about Nickelodeon Germany's first and failed attempt (1995-1998) on the RC AV Wiki over the weekend. Oddly enough, no sources are cited on Wikipedia about it, but yet I've found loads of info.

RegularCapital

Staff member
@dcbanners @Francisque @kb6000 @Ghostbuster It seems that the Nick Iberia and Nick Nordic operations merger happened on 1st February 2021, and are now sharing the "Nickelodeon Commercial Light" service. I got this info from the Commissariaat voor de Media (CVDM) website (the broadcasting authority of the Netherlands): Toestemming Nickelodeon Commercial Light Zweden, Noorwegen, Denemarken | Commissariaat voor de media

NickSwedenLicence.png

Attachments

• NickCVDMLicences.pdf
    348.5 KB · Views: 83

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
@dcbanners @Francisque @kb6000 @Ghostbuster It seems that the Nick Iberia and Nick Nordic operations merger happened on 1st February 2021, and are now sharing the "Nickelodeon Commercial Light" service. I got this info from the Commissariaat voor de Media (CVDM) website (the broadcasting authority of the Netherlands): Toestemming Nickelodeon Commercial Light Zweden, Noorwegen, Denemarken | Commissariaat voor de media

View attachment 286182
In light of this, how many separate Nickelodeon operations exist in Europe now?

RegularCapital

Staff member
@RegularCapital So it was more Nick Scandinavia merging into Nick Iberia rather than vice-versa?
In a way, as Commercial Light existed in Spain/Portugal before the Scandinavian languages were added. I just see it as Nick Iberia being repurposed into a generic Commercial Light service, then the Scandi languages were added.

Basically RandomMe and dcbanners can see the same version on Nick :D

What Nick wants you to think: Nick Sweden, Nick Spain etc (still) exists.
In Actuality: It's just one generic feed with language tracks and different adverts.

Last edited:

Francisque

Yep

Commercial light offers a minimum advert minutage (with opt outs) as opposed to the full commercial operation in CE Europe (still with opt outs), and then Global with no adverts.

Still, I see it an impoverishment, but the Dutch team (apparently Dutch people own the whole continental Europe operations, not the Germans) stopped caring about local events and all, for the most part.

The UK is still blessed with a local team, and that won't change , especially with ViacomCBS now owning Channel 5, while the rest of EMEA, with small exceptions, get the unified mess we currently have.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
@Francisque The Dutch version still holds Worldwide Day of Plays each year, and up until recently, held a music festival for families towards the end of summer. I'm not sure about on-air, but their YouTube channel has quite a bit of locally produced content, too, putting other Nick's to shame.

RegularCapital

Staff member
I guess they could still use the advert opt-out for localised promos, and can still have opt-outs for different occasions, they have licences for each version after all. I liken it to the old ITV franchise system, where there's regional variations following a main schedule (they still have localised advertising spots alongside the national ads too), but this is more rigid and uniform.

Last edited:

Walker

Kids Choice Awards 2021 on Wednesday 19.40 (Turkey time) Nickelodeon CEE, Wednesday at 18:50 (Turkey time) Nickeldoeon HD in Europe. But I guess for the first time this year there will be nothing special before or after KCA. Because usually, before or after KCA, either a new series, a new episode or a special episode would be shown.

I was wondering, there are a few questions:

- Are there any chances of reruns of old tv series like Zoey 101, Drake and Josh, Victorious?
- Why are the TV series Spongebob or Fairy Odd Parents airing since season 5? I do not remember wrong between 2012-2016, 1 to 4. season episodes were shown and announced as a new episode ( Spongebob ).
- ICarly had even been shown the final episode before. I know that only the first season is visible even though it is being re-released, why other seasons are not coming?
- Is there a possibility of TeenNick channel to start broadcasting in Turkey? More precisely, is there any possibility of adding Turkish voice to CEE or Arabian broadcast?

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I guess they could still use the advert opt-out for localised promos, and can still have opt-outs for different occasions, they have licences for each version after all. I liken it to the old ITV franchise system, where there's regional variations following a main schedule (they still have localised advertising spots alongside the national ads too), but this is more rigid and uniform.
The same applies to Disney Junior and the dwindling Disney XD in the EMEA region since 2018.

Walker

The same applies to Disney Junior and the dwindling Disney XD in the EMEA region since 2018.
I know that Disney XD EMEA had ads from October 3, 2009 to June 2018. But I remember that the ads were short on time. There were mostly program promos or short sequences (there were characters sticking on the car window and there were characters that looked like Little Legos but the background was the actual photo). I know the Disney Junior EMEA channel doesn't have ads. Usually the program would promo and the cartoon would start.
Because Nelvana is the international distributor of the first four seasons of The Fairly OddParents.

I guess they don't give all of the 5th season episodes. 59A - 69 and When Nerds Collide !, "The Jerkinators!" sections are not shown. It is given from 70

Last edited:

Walker

Nickelodeon CEE and Nickelodeon HD (Europe) added countdown for KCA.
gHtbad.png

9b50f27c64b1.png
f4jRG6.png

Last edited:

Walker

Normally when KCA was broadcasting, the KCA logo would appear along with the Nickelodeon Logo. However, this year only the KCA logo was present (only the rocket was present). In 2017, there was only the Nickelodeon logo (no KCA logo). 13.45 - 14.15 CET (Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, Dawn) at the end of the program, the picture turned black and white and the sound began to echo. Is it the same for you?
BKeBD3.png
tIWL2h.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts