Animation on FOX Talkback 2019-2020 (Spoilers)

What are you most excited for

• The Simpsons

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Bless the Harts

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • The Great North

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Bob's Burgers

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Duncanville

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Orange Mo

orangemo
I'm glad I have the TV reminder set for Bob's Burgers, because it didn't air until 11:35 in my area (My local Fox station just had to run their 10 P.M. news telecast after the game....).

Were you able to catch the finale of BTH?

Ratings for January 12:
Animation did very well this week due to a huge lead-in from the Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers NFL Playoffs game. Bob’s Burgers (10PM) performed at a very strong 8.723 million viewers with a 2.7 in the adult demo. The season finale of Bless the Harts (10:30PM) hit a series high at 3.966 million viewers with a 1.3 in the adult demo.

I wish Fox put BTH right after the game instead of Bob's. It would only make sense to promote a new series.

Dudley

Staff member
Bless the Hart’s ended on one of their better episodes.
The first season had more bad than good episodes, but I know the show has potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange Mo

orangemo
Didn't watch it (I don't really watch that show TBH), but it aired right after Bob's Burgers, at midnight. It's stuff like this that infuriates me about sports programming.

I think FOX should have put BTH first before Bob's last sunday. Only makes sense to promote their new shows. Bob's Burgers has a solid fanbase already BTH does not (it's a very small fanbase on reddit and facebook).

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Well show because The Orville is already going to Hulu. And honestly I don't think it will because FOX knows if they cancel Family Guy, it's just going to move to NBC. Like seriously if NBC is so interested in MacFarlane they're giving him 200 million dollars to produce content if they had the chance to pick up Family Guy they would certainly take it. Remember Family Guy survived as a series after cancellation from FOX like twice; it would certainly be one that could back from another time and a network change.

FAMILY GUY may survive on FOX....

Orange Mo

orangemo
FAMILY GUY may survive on FOX....

I don't really care if Family Guy is renewed or cancelled at this point. As much as I still like it, they've overstayed their welcome. So has the Simpsons and South Park. American Dad has also overstayed its welcome (TBS just renewed it for 2 more seasons today).

Fox ordering more new animation is a smart move. Bless the Harts, Duncanville, Housebroken, and The Great North will be great additions to Fox, hopefully.

Last edited:

copper20

Eric
I don't really care if Family Guy is renewed or cancelled at this point. As much as I still like it, they've overstayed their welcome.

I'm through this show. Connie's Celica had POTENTIAL. POTENTIAL. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We gotta drag the episode with long drawn out scenes! Lois being a music teacher? NO WAY!!! Burn that idea!!

I really expected better out of that episode. I wanted an episode of Lois dealing with Connie's shenanigans while as a music teacher and not Connie feeling Shepard's boot because it's one-two-three strikes you're out at the ol' high school. They literally scrapped whatever was left of Lois's music teacher work in this episode for a shameful boring and pathetic stock murder mystery. And it was thanks to the writers' love of filler because they apparently have killed all of their brain cells. Less we not forget in THIS season, they had an episode where the ending was "Wow, that was weird!" when they were stuck in that boat and it just cuts STRAIGHT to the griffins on the couch. This is why I stick to classic cartoons. Most classic cartoons had ACTUAL EFFORT.

Bottom line, I have had it with this show. In fact, I am this close to just writing a full essay long complaint to EVERYONE that works there and hopefully that slaps them awake!

Orange Mo

orangemo
I'm through this show. Connie's Celica had POTENTIAL. POTENTIAL. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We gotta drag the episode with long drawn out scenes! Lois being a music teacher? NO WAY!!! Burn that idea!!

I really expected better out of that episode. I wanted an episode of Lois dealing with Connie's shenanigans while as a music teacher and not Connie feeling Shepard's boot because it's one-two-three strikes you're out at the ol' high school. They literally scrapped whatever was left of Lois's music teacher work in this episode for a shameful boring and pathetic stock murder mystery. And it was thanks to the writers' love of filler because they apparently have killed all of their brain cells. Less we not forget in THIS season, they had an episode where the ending was "Wow, that was weird!" when they were stuck in that boat and it just cuts STRAIGHT to the griffins on the couch. This is why I stick to classic cartoons. Most classic cartoons had ACTUAL EFFORT.

Bottom line, I have had it with this show. In fact, I am this close to just writing a full essay long complaint to EVERYONE that works there and hopefully that slaps them awake!

You could watch their other cartoons (Bless the Harts, Duncanville, Bob’s Burgers) if Family Guy isn’t your taste anymore.

SpaceCowboy

This article explains that FOX’s 3 veteran cartoons will come to an end eventually, if we know when that’s going to happen. Personally I think it’s time since all of them (including Bob’s Burgers) already hit the double digits a long time ago so FOX must make room for the newer cartoons
I had to stop reading that article after it made it sound like Fox Entertainment is owned by Disney.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

copper20

Eric
You could watch their other cartoons (Bless the Harts, Duncanville, Bob’s Burgers) if Family Guy isn’t your taste anymore.

I can easily go back to an episode like PTV or Chitty Chitty Death Bang, but I can't go into episodes like Barely Legal or Long John Peter. It's not like it's my taste issues, it's because the writers have gone into complete negligence 101.

Orange Mo

orangemo
No shows tonight because of ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Also no shows on February 2nd due to superbowl.

Here's the Sunday schedule for the next 2 weeks. Reruns for January 26 and February 9

January 26 schedule

7pm - Last man standing (Yours, Wine, and Ours)

7:30pm - Outmatched (Pilot)

8pm - Simpsons (Marge the Lumberjill)

8:30pm - Bob's Burgers (Pig Trouble in Little Tina)

9pm - Family Guy (Trump Guy, Yacht Rocky)

February 9 schedule

7pm - Last man standing (The Office)

7:30pm - Outmatched (The Talk)

8pm - Simpsons (Livin' La Pura Vida)

8:30pm - Bob's Burgers (Land of the Loft)

9pm - Family Guy (Bri-Da, Absolutely Babulous)

February 16 schedule

7pm - Last man standing (rerun) OR simpsons (rerun)

7:30pm - Outmatched (rerun) OR Bob's burgers (rerun)

8pm - Simpsons (new)

8:30pm - Duncanville (series debut)

9pm - Bob's Burgers (new)

9:30pm - Family Guy (new)

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I know I'm late in saying this, but I liked when Santa insulted Long Island in the Family Guy episode "Christmas Is Coming". You see I've had problems with three different people from Long Island over the years, and so I avoid suburban Long Islanders completely now. I actually uploaded the clip in question on one of my YouTube accounts, and included the full backstory with my history with Long Islanders:

I encourage you not to watch the clip here but on the full YouTube website where my backstory can be read.

Orange Mo

orangemo
I'm betting people tuned out of Bless the Harts after five minutes. It was that bad. I only stayed through the entire thing out of a sense of fairness. I don't expect that from anybody else.

I know this post was really late but I’m gonna disagree with you. Harts gets better after the first two episodes. Sure the Hug N’ Bugs episode is nothing to write home about and isn’t very funny but Wayne trying to warm up to Violet was sweet enough to keep watching. I’m not forcing you to watch or do anything, but it would be nice of you to take a look at my comment.

As the subreddits moderator and their fandom admin, I’m basically forced to watch the show. I do like it but if I disliked I’d have to watch at least all of the first season. The first two episodes were average to me. Nothing special or good about them. First off Fox did a bad job of making Hug N’ Bugs The first episode. They should have stuck with production order (Can’t Get There from Here should have been 1st, Jenny Unfiltered 2nd, and Hug N’ Bugs third). Second, the first episode aired (Hug N’ Bugs) doesn’t introduce two recurring characters that are important in the series, Louise and Brenda. Those two are some of the better recurring characters and I hope they have good stories to tell for season 2.

They’ve done a few great efforts past the first episode. Mega-lo-memories is their best effort so far and it really shows (you’d have to see it first). I’m not saying you have to like Harts, everyone has their own opinions, but Allen Gregory’s pilot doesn’t equal Harts at all. Allen Gregory lacks heart and it’s just plain boring (though I think it could have had potential on Netflix or Adult Swim). Generally, it’s nice to give the show a whole season, but I understand if you’re not willing to. I gave Allen Gregory all 7 episodes and it was pretty boring (way better than that god terrible Ren and Stimpy: Adult Party). But hey, at least I gave it a chance.

Again, I’m not forcing y’all to watch. Just some food for thought that hopefully this comment doesn’t bite you in the rear end if you happen to revisit the show a few years in, assuming it becomes a fan favorite. A lot of people disliked Bob’s Burgers when it came out in 2011 and are now regretting their previous comments.

Will Bless the Harts get a 2nd season?

Sorry for double post is already renew

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I know this post was really late but I’m gonna disagree with you. Harts gets better after the first two episodes. Sure the Hug N’ Bugs episode is nothing to write home about and isn’t very funny but Wayne trying to warm up to Violet was sweet enough to keep watching. I’m not forcing you to watch or do anything, but it would be nice of you to take a look at my comment.

As the subreddits moderator and their fandom admin, I’m basically forced to watch the show. I do like it but if I disliked I’d have to watch at least all of the first season. The first two episodes were average to me. Nothing special or good about them. First off Fox did a bad job of making Hug N’ Bugs The first episode. They should have stuck with production order (Can’t Get There from Here should have been 1st, Jenny Unfiltered 2nd, and Hug N’ Bugs third). Second, the first episode aired (Hug N’ Bugs) doesn’t introduce two recurring characters that are important in the series, Louise and Brenda. Those two are some of the better recurring characters and I hope they have good stories to tell for season 2.

They’ve done a few great efforts past the first episode. Mega-lo-memories is their best effort so far and it really shows (you’d have to see it first). I’m not saying you have to like Harts, everyone has their own opinions, but Allen Gregory’s pilot doesn’t equal Harts at all. Allen Gregory lacks heart and it’s just plain boring (though I think it could have had potential on Netflix or Adult Swim). Generally, it’s nice to give the show a whole season, but I understand if you’re not willing to. I gave Allen Gregory all 7 episodes and it was pretty boring (way better than that god terrible Ren and Stimpy: Adult Party). But hey, at least I gave it a chance.

Again, I’m not forcing y’all to watch. Just some food for thought that hopefully this comment doesn’t bite you in the rear end if you happen to revisit the show a few years in, assuming it becomes a fan favorite. A lot of people disliked Bob’s Burgers when it came out in 2011 and are now regretting their previous comments.

I've heard it gets better. I might check it out when I subscribe to Hulu next month (assuming it is there).

Orange Mo

orangemo
Will Bless the Harts get a 2nd season?

I've heard it gets better. I might check it out when I subscribe to Hulu next month (assuming it is there).

Thanks for at least keeping your eyes open. I remember turning off Bob’s Burgers after 3 episodes before but i watched a few more and now it’s my favorite adult cartoon (not saying Harts will be your favorite) out there. Yes, I like Bob’s better than Simpsons. And yes Harts is on Hulu. Duncanville will be too.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I hope one day they kill off Connie D'mico (however you spell it) for real. She is a very bad reminder of people I have encountered in the past. Like for instance, I was nominally friends with a person named jd896 on deviantART. He was one of the Long Islanders I had a problem with. Though we were friends on paper, he often verbally abused me when I said or did things he did not like. He even called me a stalker because I was getting into some of the same things he was into. He eventually blocked me, and because no one would help me, I had to block evade multiple times, which turned out to be against the rules, costing me my dA account.

People like him is the reason why bully-like characters should eventually be killed off on TV (at least from where I stand). At one point, I wanted Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon killed off of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic because they were mean to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. It probably wouldn't have been the first time characters on a children's cartoon were killed off. Eventually, they reformed as the CMCs got their Cutie Marks. But the point is, I don't like bully characters in media because of the experiences I've had with cyberbullies.

Orange Mo

orangemo
I hope one day they kill off Connie D'mico (however you spell it) for real. She is a very bad reminder of people I have encountered in the past. Like for instance, I was nominally friends with a person named jd896 on deviantART. He was one of the Long Islanders I had a problem with. Though we were friends on paper, he often verbally abused me when I said or did things he did not like. He even called me a stalker because I was getting into some of the same things he was into. He eventually blocked me, and because no one would help me, I had to block evade multiple times, which turned out to be against the rules, costing me my dA account.

People like him is the reason why bully-like characters should eventually be killed off on TV (at least from where I stand). At one point, I wanted Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon killed off of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic because they were mean to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. It probably wouldn't have been the first time characters on a children's cartoon were killed off. Eventually, they reformed as the CMCs got their Cutie Marks. But the point is, I don't like bully characters in media because of the experiences I've had with cyberbullies.

Connie just exists. She’s a flat one-dimensional character. Family Guy doesn’t need her.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

First off, I'm sorry you have been bullied and what you have had to go through. But bullies don't deserve to die for being bullies. One of the justifications school shooters use is that they were bullied and the people they killed deserved to die. Bullying needs to end. But not through more violence, which just makes the cycle non-ending.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts