Animation on FOX Talkback 2019-2020 (Spoilers)

What are you most excited for

• The Simpsons

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Bless the Harts

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • The Great North

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Bob's Burgers

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Duncanville

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Simpsons "Hail To The Teeth"

I hated the Jon Lovitz stuff, but I loved the Lisa stuff. Wait, that's underselling it. I adored the Lisa stuff. It is one of my favorite things the show has ever done. Years later, while I've forgotten a ton of material from the later seasons, I will remember it. Fondly. It was amazing.

I knew after how the episode started off that it was written by a woman. I have heard horror stories from women who have had that exact experience of a jackass man coming up to them off the street and telling them to smile and pretty themselves up more unasked. And you'd probably be shocked at the ages these women endured these monsters. Men like that feel entitled to walk up to any woman and control her. And Lisa's curse is that she's wise enough to understand what is happening and why it is wrong. She actually seriously asks "You DO know I'll remember this forever, right?" It was a perfect moment where I felt her pain and outraged on her behalf.

I think the ending of the Marge robot lifting away the gross dude and saying the future is today is a little unearned after everything we just saw. In fact, the moment where Marge tells Lisa that in the future woman will be judged by their ideas instead of their looks, and Lisa bemoaning that the future is so far away, was a perfectly devastating moment of pathos for both characters. If there was one false note in the Lisa story, it was unclenching the knot in our stomachs for an unrealistic happy ending.

I love Cheif Wiggum's retainer pun to Lou. And Lou's so dumb he won't get it until it's too late.

Now to talk about the creepy Artie Ziff stuff. I think my biggest regret and fear is that this episode will create a particularly hellish Jon Lovitz DVD audio commentary fifteen years in the future. Maybe we'll be lucky and God will strike him dead before that. I'll pray for that anyways. Couldn't hurt.

The show needs more female perspectives like this. I think this is the kind of stuff Caroline Omine was so good at, and yet I felt this was even more powerful than the best of her writing. I'm just gonna pretend my battery is low when thinking about the Artie Ziff stuff. ****1/2.

Family Guy "Connie's Celica"

Family Guy has its share of horrible characters, but perhaps Connie D'amico takes the cake in outright pleasantness. She has literally no redeeming qualities. She's cruel, stupid, and worst of all, not the least bit funny. I'd feel better about her always getting the better of Meg and now Lois here if she didn't suck so much. The fact that Meg is always trying to impress this scumbag doesn't speak well of Meg.

Stewie interrupting Brian's cutaway was great. Because it's a cutaway. There are no rules. Get used to it.

I love Peter's extremely passive aggressive sarcasm over what he will do now that Lois is arrested. For the record, when I claim that Peter's innocent "Who Me?" / "I don't know any better," routine is an act, and that that sociopath knows exactly what he's doing? It's because they keep giving him scenes like this which is why I think that. It was funny though. No lie.

I love that Peter not only has an Elmo toothbrush but that it actually matters to him. That's hilarious.

I wish Lois HAD murdered Connie. The show would probably be better off.

Simpsons won the night. ***1/2.

Orange Mo

orangemo
It looks like Fox posted the promo for this Sunday's Animation Domination, which the only new episodes are Bob's Burgers and the Bless the Harts finale.

Don't forget the the entire Sunday primetime lineup for this Sunday will air at the same time at all time zones, with the game at 6pm ET/3pm PT, Bob's Burgers at 10pm ET/7pm PT and Bless the Harts at 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT.

ToonsJazzLover

This article explains that FOX’s 3 veteran cartoons will come to an end eventually, if we know when that’s going to happen. Personally I think it’s time since all of them (including Bob’s Burgers) already hit the double digits a long time ago so FOX must make room for the newer cartoons

jasonnguyen2606

This article explains that FOX’s 3 veteran cartoons will come to an end eventually, if we know when that’s going to happen. Personally I think it’s time since all of them (including Bob’s Burgers) already hit the double digits a long time ago so FOX must make room for the newer cartoons

Disney happened. They decided to killed-off the show for good.
So the new season might stream exclusively on Disney+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah and no offense but FOX has announced various animated projects before and people have talked about them replacing the Simpsons for the last... twenty years and the show isn't off the air yet. Quite honestly at this point you need some actual full on serious 100% can't be taken back proof from several different sources reporting the same thing to get me to believe the series is actually ending. Yeah sooner or later it will end but at this point it feels like that will only happen when one of the 5 major VAs die that you cannot really replace not because there's like new potential shows on the horizon especially since for all we know THOSE series may wind up going the Disney+ root not the already established series that have been on the network now various decades.

ShadowBeast

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well show because The Orville is already going to Hulu. And honestly I don't think it will because FOX knows if they cancel Family Guy, it's just going to move to NBC. Like seriously if NBC is so interested in MacFarlane they're giving him 200 million dollars to produce content if they had the chance to pick up Family Guy they would certainly take it. Remember Family Guy survived as a series after cancellation from FOX like twice; it would certainly be one that could back from another time and a network change.

The Master C

...and MacFarlane is out.

Kinda the end of an era. A loss for Fox/Disney as they're trying to get more into adult animation, but a huge win for NBCUniversal because Peacock's streaming lineup is pretty weak (in my opinion) compared to other streaming services.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Bob's Burgers came on earlier than the scheduled time, and I missed the first half of it! Stupid football coverage!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Bob's Burgers "Drumforgiven"

I have surprisingly strong negative feelings about that. They surprise me because technically the episode is good. It's funny, has a good story, and works. And yet the characters infuriate me.

I agree with Gene about Louise fighting his battles for him, if only because Louise is a legitimately stupid little girl. How did she think either of those stunts would help Gene at all, especially the glitter thing? I'd be less outraged at fighting her brother's battles if she actually knew how to look out for his best interests.

Frankly, while Louise getting mad over Gene's sadness is admirable on some level, the truth is it is not unreasonable for a shop proprietor to not want a kid who never buys anything to wear out the merchandise and touch it with his dirty hands. And by the end of the episode Gene still can't be bothered to wash his hands. If Louise is a stupid little girl, Gene is a thoughtless little boy. I'd feel better about Louise's outrage if her brother weren't a total twit and the kind of person I cannot stand.

And finally Teddy. Wasn't Linda's sex dream theory hysterical? It's just why does Teddy have to make everything so freaking hard? Everything is an ordeal with him, and I don't know why Bob puts up with it, much less understand any reason he actually should. Teddy is the worst parts of a friendship with none of the benefits. I'm sick to death of that guy.

Did I mention the episode was good? It's weird it was considering how mad it made me. ***.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Well show because The Orville is already going to Hulu. And honestly I don't think it will because FOX knows if they cancel Family Guy, it's just going to move to NBC. Like seriously if NBC is so interested in MacFarlane they're giving him 200 million dollars to produce content if they had the chance to pick up Family Guy they would certainly take it. Remember Family Guy survived as a series after cancellation from FOX like twice; it would certainly be one that could back from another time and a network change.

Disney owns the IP so if Family Guy were to move to NBC 20th Century Fox Television would still produce it like with American Dad and TBS.

Bob's Burgers came on earlier than the scheduled time, and I missed the first half of it! Stupid football coverage!

Aw well you can catch up with that and the season finale of Bless the Harts on Hulu!

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
I'm glad I have the TV reminder set for Bob's Burgers, because it didn't air until 11:35 in my area (My local Fox station just had to run their 10 P.M. news telecast after the game....).

Bigawesome2000

Ratings for January 12:
Animation did very well this week due to a huge lead-in from the Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers NFL Playoffs game. Bob’s Burgers (10PM) performed at a very strong 8.723 million viewers with a 2.7 in the adult demo. The season finale of Bless the Harts (10:30PM) hit a series high at 3.966 million viewers with a 1.3 in the adult demo.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts