"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

ShadowBeast

Hiro the Villain: I loved this episode. I knew that whatever Momakase wanted was gonna be of sentimental value, and it came with a fantastic backstory. We actually got to see Momakase's nicer side and that makes her a redeemable villain.
Chief Cruz provides an excuse for Yama being freed. It was funny how much he was against it though.
I'm still not a fan of Megan though. She has no respect that there's a reason superheroes have secret identities, and unfortunately she's probably gonna undo the work Hiro put into on keeping his and the friends' secret identities a secret and will most likely cause a lot of harm that she does not realize will happen.

It would be awesome if Obake(I'm very, very certain that he's alive) does something that will help Big Hero 6 keep their secret.

zoombie

I'm still not a fan of Megan though. She has no respect that there's a reason superheroes have secret identities, and unfortunately she's probably gonna undo the work Hiro put into on keeping his and the friends' secret identities a secret and will most likely cause a lot of harm that she does not realize will happen.

I disagree, this episode proves what I always thought once the villains know the secret identities, there is no point in having them, might as well go public.

ShadowBeast

I disagree, this episode proves what I always thought once the villains know the secret identities, there is no point in having them, might as well go public.
But not all the villains know their secret identities. So it's best that their identities stay secret in case a villain that's willing to sink low enough to attack their love ones. Plus, if everyone knew who BH6 are would go after them like celebrities.

Korra_Fan

True, but that's part of why I'm enjoying her as a character. She's such a good contrast to follow Karmi with: Karmi made Hiro miserable in his civilian life but was worshipful and extremely helpful to Big Hero 6, and now we have Megan who gets on great with Hiro in his civilian life but has no personal fondness for Big Hero 6 (although at least it's not downright hostility like her father) and pose a huge threat to them. It makes for great TV drama.

zoombie

The constrays in the love interest, you just know that Karmi is coming back at some point. Maybe not this season, but if we get another season, for sure the love interests are going to meet, that is going to be interesting. When that happens, I am sure Fred will mention some super hero comic book cliche. Weather Gwen Stacey and Mary Jane, or Lois Lane and Lana Lang, not out right say those references, but parodies of them perhaps.

Hiro through out this series, reminds me so much of Robin from the Teen Titans cartoon. This is like the "Mask" episode, mixed a little bit with "The Apprentice" two parter. He was black mailed to help the villain, but also had an alto ego and fighting the rest of the team without them knowing like Red X.

I do wonder what the end game is with the Cruzs, I have a feeling end of the season, Megan or Chief Cruz's life will be in danger, and Big Hero 6 will save their life, and that will change their feelings on Big Hero 6, which is the safe route, giving this show I expect them to take that. A more gritty show like Gargoyles, would probably kill off Chief Cruz, and have Megan turn full on villain blaming Big Hero 6 for her dad's death and vowing vengeance.

But not all the villains know their secret identities. So it's best that their identities stay secret in case a villain that's willing to sink low enough to attack their love ones. Plus, if everyone knew who BH6 are would go after them like celebrities.

Can we make a list of who knows and who doesn't. All the major villains know as far as I remember, the ones that are a real threats, have arcs about them.etc. I am not losing sleep if High Voltage or Mr. Sparkles finding out.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowBeast

Can we make a list of who knows and who doesn't. All the major villains know as far as I remember, the ones that are a real threats, have arcs about them.etc. I am not losing sleep if High Voltage or Mr. Sparkles finding out.
Yama doesn't know and he's the type of villain who would attack BH6's loved ones, High Voltage.....they're not exactly villain-villains as they were only about robbing and dancing, and they even tried going straight. As for Mr. Sparkles, he would actually pose a threat considering how crazy and unpredictable he is. Steamer would only know about Fred.
Hardlight screams "Major Villain" and he doesn't know their identities.
Most of the villains that know their secret identities were closely associated with Obake, Globby turned good, Momakase only revealed Hiro's identity to Diane and saved any threats of exposure for today's episode, and possibly opened up a chance for her being redeemed, Trina and Noodle Burger Boy know, but Trina seems to be avoiding people period, and Obake probably programmed her and NBB to not reveal their secrets anyway. Obake's gone right now, so we don't even know what he's capable of until he returns.
Diane, like I mentioned earlier, knows only Hiro's identity, whether she put 2 and 2 together and knows the rest, we don't know(yet), but she's the only one who knows and wouldn't have any reason not to use it as revenge against Hiro. But then again, it seems like she willingly turned herself in when Liv was upset on what she's done.

zoombie

Which reminds me Liv has completely disappeared from the show. And getting to the topic of relationship, it seemed her purpose was for her and Kewi to mirror the relationship of Hiro and Karmi, now that Karmi is gone, there is no purpose of pursuing a Kewi x Liv relationship.

This arc is interesting, it seems there is no big bad, the real conflict is among the good guys, Big Hero 6 and the police. While I am sure there is going to be a villain that forces the good guys to put aside their difference, when this arc is done, they are not going to be as important as Obake and Diane were in the previous arcs.

Last edited:

ShadowBeast

Which reminds me Liv has completely disappeared from the show. And getting to the topic of relationship, it seemed her purpose was for her and Kewi to mirror the relationship of Hiro and Karmi, now that Karmi is gone, there is no purpose of pursuing a Kewi x Liv relationship.
It's only been six episodes since Liv's last appearance, and who is Kewi?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Hiro The Villain"

I don't know if they are planning to redeem Momakasi, but a little nuance is appreciated.

Speaking of redemptions, Callahan being a Big Hero 6 booster is nice character development for a character we don't tend to see much of.

I thought the fight scene in silhouette in Yama's Dojo was very well boarded.

Baymax claims he doesn't have human emotions. As Fred noted, he isn't fooling anyone.

Megan got there in the end. I just hope she isn't as untrustworthy as her father.

Good week. ****.

Roxas_Sora

There's no "official big villain" in this half of the season, but I would one would appear to make Big Hero 6 stop being chased.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series, premiering today at 10:00 A.M. EST on Disney XD!

bzbmFQP.jpg

Big Hero 6: The Series "Portal Enemy"
Episode Debut - January 11th, 2020

Megan confronts Hiro about being a vigilante and threatens to tell Chief Cruz the truth.

*Jessica Paré (“Mad Men”) guest stars as circus acrobat and physicist, Sirque.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

zoombie

I think we are closer to getting the villain plot here. I don't think we have a main villain yet, that acrobat lady does strike me more of an henchmen than a master mind, would not surprise me if Obaki is behind all this.

Korra_Fan

Megan has now cast her lot in with Big Hero 6, which puts her in direct opposition to her father. I expect there to be a major clashing between them in the season finale, which will be one of the main sources of drama in addition to whatever Trina and NBB are cooking up.

ShadowBeast

Portal Enemy: Great episode. I especially loved the parts with cat(I love cats) it was so cute when it showed up on Bluff Dunder's desk. When Sirque first showed up, her face and short hair reminded me of Cassandra from Tangled. She was an interesting villain. I'm sure she has bigger role in either this season or the next season as her motives for being a thief were never explored. I still don't like Megan, but at least she saw reason on why their identities needed to be kept secret.
Just four more episodes of the season, and two of them are Fred-focused. Either Megan's father is the antagonist or the main villain/s will be something that has been hinted throughout the season.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Portal Enemy"

I became much less concerned about Megan learning the truth as the episode went on. Unlike her father, she is reasonable.

Taking a reporter into the lair is a rookie mistake.

Where did Hiro get the extra helmet for Megan?

I love the episode ending on the reveal of where the original Baymax wound up. The whole episode felt like good wrap-up for a lot of the film.

This was a good episode. ****.

Roxas_Sora

Hiro saw the original Baymax is strill trapped in that "dimensional limbo". Do you think Hiro will try to rescue it at the season's finale or something?

This could actually create a bridge with Kingdom Hearts 3; because in that game, Sora and his team helped to bring back the original Baymax. At the credits scenes, we saw Big Hero 6 was now "Big Hero 7", with both Baymaxes as members.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series, premiering today at 10:00 A.M. EST on Disney XD!

bzbmFQP.jpg

Big Hero 6: The Series "Fred the Fugitive"
Episode Debut - January 18th, 2020

Fred’s invisibility function on his suit glitches during patrol.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Korra_Fan

Um, hey, Chief Cruz?

STOP IT!

Stop raising those death flags!

When you begin talking about what happened to your father in regards to superheroes and supervillains, and then say that "superheroes can't save everyone", you are tempting fate so that someone - most likely YOU - is going to get axed off in the season finale. And I really don't want to witness Megan's reaction to that happening, it'll just be too painful...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts