"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "Something's Fishy"

Wow, Big Hero 6 seems completely incapable of catching the villains this season. This is concerning.

Do you know what else was? The musical number. It was inappropriate. This is not a musical Disney property. The characters should not be randomly breaking into song.

I don't like Fred's new costume. His old one was so iconic, and the thing I associate with the movie. The new one does nothing for me.

I'm like Honey Lemon. I feel guilty eating food that looks like animals or cartoon characters. And now I want to know EVERYTHING about Andre.

Megan seems nice. Her dad being a cop means she's probably normal and not secretly evil, but adds a tension to their relationship and whatever normalcy they can strive for. I like it. Very Gwen Stacy. Let's hope she has a better ending.

High Voltage eating the fish raw was exactly as revolting as the producers were hoping I'd take it as.

Pretty good episode. ***1/2.

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
Yeah. You're probably thinking, 'What's he doing back? He pretty much dumped on the whole show its first season.'

I was curious.
Well, the Big Bad who so frustrated you (Obake) is gone now, so that's probably also a factor.

Also, I'm very much rooting for Hiro and Megan, even with her father. It's nice that there's a girl in Hiro's life around his age who's not a robot or incredibly obnoxious.
At this point, Megan's the only one who's remotely in the running. Karmi's got zero interest in Hiro as himself and would probably even be turned off of "Captain Cutie" if she knew his real identity, and even if Hiro could make it work with a humanoid robot Trina's gone and upgraded herself into a large inhuman robotic body now that she's a full-fledged supervillain rather than just Obake's one-off tool.

Compared to all that, having an anti-superhero cop for a father is nothing!

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Nega-Globby: It was a nice change of seeing Karmi interacting with someone from Hiro's group who isn't Hiro.

I was expecting Liv to make Globby turn villain again considering Globby's involvement in the episode. But we get a Nega-Globby from a piece of Globby instead. Liv's assistant is definitely not human. I don't think he's a robot either considering Liv's interest in bio-engineering.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
I didn’t know High Voltage would continue to mutate until they became leg-less eel monsters. That’s unsettling.
Also, why didn’t they believe Fred’s theory? It wasn’t that far fetched.

So is every past villain going to become mutated, or are we going to get some new ones soon?

I hope Globby will be alright. I bet this season’s villain will capture him and will try to weaponize him again.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
With so many mutations, I keep thinking they should make a crossover with Marvel's Spider-Man. These mutations makes me think about the events that created all the "animal villains" of Spider-Man: the Lizard, Rhino, Scorpion, Vulture, Kraven (his mutant lion form), even the Green Goblin.

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
So is every past villain going to become mutated, or are we going to get some new ones soon?
We're getting a new villain in this coming Thursday's episode.

It was a nice change of seeing Karmi interacting with someone from Hiro's group who isn't Hiro.
Agreed. Honey Lemon and Karmi's friendship is fun, and it seems like it could help Karmi get a new perspective on Hiro.

Reactions: ShadowBeast

JThree

Mar 2, 2004
North Dakota
At this point, Megan's the only one who's remotely in the running. Karmi's got zero interest in Hiro as himself and would probably even be turned off of "Captain Cutie" if she knew his real identity, and even if Hiro could make it work with a humanoid robot Trina's gone and upgraded herself into a large inhuman robotic body now that she's a full-fledged supervillain rather than just Obake's one-off tool.
Well reasoned, but I'm still rooting for more with Karmi and Trini.

P.S. I think Honey Lemon is beautiful.

--Jthree

Reactions: Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "Nega-Globby"

I love that Globby is now a hero and his reformation arc is still a thing. It's interesting he knows the secret identities too.

I also love Felony Carl. Still.

More curious mutterings about the mysterious Andre from Honey Lemon. Color me intrigued. I predict we will meet him later this season.

Fun episode. Globby is the best. ****.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Check out the second season of Big Hero 6: The Series! New episodes air on weekdays at 3:30PM ET on the Disney Channel!

This week on "Big Hero 6"...

Big Hero 6: The Series "The Fate of the Roommates"
Episode Debut - May 13th, 2019

Big Hero 6 must stop a secret underground racing league.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Muira-Horror!"
Episode Debut - May 14th, 2019

When Hiro and Go Go accompany Krei to the woods to deal with Nedd Ludd, they run into The Hibagon, a legendary monster.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Something Fluffy"
Episode Debut - May 15th, 2019

Mayoi, mysterious yet adorable creatures, begin to appear in San Fransokyo.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Supersonic Sue"
Episode Debut - May 16th, 2019

Big Hero 6 attempts to thwart a bank robbery and encounter Supersonic Sue, an old school roller skating villain.

*Jane Lynch (“Glee”) guest stars as Supersonic Sue.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Lie Detector"
Episode Debut - May 17th, 2019

Upon discovering Baymax’s ability to detect if a person is lying, Hiro attempts to use him to uncover proof of deceit.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
May 13th:
The Fate of the Roommates: Does anyone look both ways before crossing the streets in San Fransokyo? And that old lady was very rude to the cops. Mr. Sparkles' plan was pretty clever, he even tricked Yama in such a sneaky way. It seems like almost all of the current villains will be getting a monster-makeover this season.
As for the Gogo/Honey Lemon part of the episode. I'm with Gogo on the portraits. Honey Lemon really should ask permission for stuff like that. But I can see why Gogo would want to keep Honey Lemon as a roommate since she would be used to the company by now and they're already friends anyway. It still bugs me that Gogo has issues with showing her feelings as she didn't have this issue in the film when she gave Hiro a hug to comfort him.

May 14h:
Muira-Horror: Who knew Krei was such a nature expert!? Krei seemed like the type of guy who wouldn't last half an hour in the woods, much less a day. This episode really added some likeablity to the character as well. Especially with him deciding not to build anything in the woods.
I knew that Liv's assistant wasn't human and was a genetic pet. Since this season is gonna focus on two plots, I wonder if Liv's will be dealt with by the mid-season finale.
I love how it was Mochi who took down the monster.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
Between this and the season premiere where he actually admitted where he went wrong in treating Hiro and promising to do better, plus having Liv Amara to contrast with him, this season is doing wonders for Krei's likability. Karmi's also on a better path. Who knows, maybe Richardson will be next! Maybe.

Reactions: JThree

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
It feels like we skipped an episode. Hiro found a clue last episode, and this episode it had all the answers at the beginning. I know this is a short arc, but still.

Anyway anyone agree for the next arc, Obaki is going to comeback and he is actually going to be an ally because this next threat is just so big?

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Something Fluffy: Mayois are so adorable. They look like anime axolotls. Even Gogo couldn't resist. And poor Mochi was jealous. Wasn't expecting Mr. Sparkle to make his mutated appearance so soon. Of course with working for Liv he'll take the credit to get anyone suspicious of her off her back. But that didn't work on Hiro and now the rest of the team is with him about her.
We finally get a clue to Liv's endgame, now the question is, who or what is in the chamber? Is Liv trying to cure or resurrect someone she knows? or trying to create the ultimate being?

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
OK, I literally jumped back in surprise when Mr. Sparkles showed up. That got me. Good job, show.

Also, we've done the "Baymax doesn't understand a concept" shtick before, but I think this time had the funniest pay-off. The "cute" image Baymax put together really had me laughing.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Supersonic Sue: Loved how the villains were defeated. Having Big Hero 6 taken out and Boss Awesome coming in a saving the day. Such a fantastic way of ending an episode. The "In Memory of Stan Lee" made the episode all the more meaningful. It was also very surprising, as the episode was setting up for a "Gogo meets a rival and has to take her down" plot.
As for the Fred becoming friends with Richardson parts, for a minute I thought the rivalry with those two would finally be put to rest, but Richardson once again shows how low he's willing to go to get what he wants. And despite showing how pathetic he is at the end, I don't feel sorry for him.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "The Fate Of The Roommate"

I love the idea that Heathcliff is secretly awesome and we just didn't know it.

It looks like the show is now going to have Globby be a permanent background player, which is nice. I love that Felony Carl wants a hug from Baymax and that's his price. Who doesn't?

I love Yama trying and failing to get in on the group moment at this end. If anything said he was playing for the wrong team it was that.

I like Gogo's bike. Mommy! Mommy! I want that!

Two thoughts about the Honey Lemon / Gogo drama.

1. When Honey Lemon is going on about her sticker party I'm like, "Oh, Honey. Read the room."

2. I don't think Gogo is actually lonely. That is not the need she needs filled. The episode had a VERY interesting scene where Gogo is about to go ballistic on Honey Lemon for skipping out on the rent, and Honey Lemon assures her she's already paid up three months worth. Gogo had a fascinating reaction that: She was disappointed. Which tells me she isn't actually lonely per se. It's more like she needs somebody present she can be annoyed with. She is not whole unless there is someone around she thinks sucks. And she realized that Honey Lemon was pretty much the perfect roommate, especially because she never got mad at you, no matter how rude you were to her, and she let you say and think anything you wanted. I don't find Gogo's struggle simply being that she needs a friend in her life. The rent scene tells me she needs somebody to vent against. And Honey Lemon fit that bill to a tee.

I liked the episode. I found Gogo far more interesting by the end of the episode than I had previously found her character. I also wound up liking her a lot less too. ***1/2.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Muira-Horror!"

I liked about half of the plot. I love the idea that Krei is a nature guy and not actually useless. It's fun and cool, and an unknown, yet believable facet to a goofy character. I'd almost accuse the show of plotting a redemption arc for him, but the truth is I never thought Krei was all that bad.

The part I hated was the Mochi stuff. Because he gets stuck in a tree in practically every Baymax short. It's hardly something that requires an entire B plot. And once Mochi attacks the monster and randomly knock off the chip controlling him, I think the narrative has gotten out of control. Which bums me out because the Krei nature stuff was solid. I would have preferred something that cool to occur in an episode that didn't have a resolution that lame.

Do you know what I've noticed so far about season 2? They haven't created any new villains. So far, they have just brought back the ones introduced in season one.

I was creeped out Liv called her assistant her pet, and even more so when she fed him a biscuit. Liv is a very hard villain to like.

Speaking of hard to like, as useful as Krei was in the episode is how useless Fred is. He doesn't actually know for sure that Mochi should be brought back alive? That's not actually funny. That's just stupid. Him drinking Wasabi's mocha made me hate him more than usual too.

The Krei stuff was great, and I love it whenever a show gives unheard of layers to a character seeming to lack them. But the climax and resolution were an absolute mess. ***.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Something Fluffy"

Theory: Liv is Obake's real daughter, discovered what was left of his body, and her master plan is to bring him back from the dead.

Do the Mayoi count as new villains for the season?

Granville playing with the Mayoi is exactly as creepy as Hiro thinks it is.

Negative outlook. Gogo likes that. She also likes cute things.

Good episode. ****.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
South of Europe
I don't know what other things Stan Lee did before passing away, but I don't think Big Hero 6's series can keep using the character of Fred's dad for much longer. (This was the first time we saw Awesome Boss in action, but I doubt there will be a second one). It was a great gesture to have the dedicatory of this episode. But even so, I can't stop thinking that Big Hero 6 should have a crossover with one of Marvel's franchises. Personally, I believe it should be the "king of crossovers", Spider-Man.

We will always miss you, Mr Lee.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "Supersonic Sue"

I miss Stan Lee already.

Supersonic Sue definitely counts as the first legit new villain of the season.

I love that Fred ultimately winds up feeling sorry for Mole. As he should. He's a total loser.

I still love Steamer's character design.

Boss Awesome's actual archenemy is boiled cabbage. It doesn't agree with him. Did I mention how much I'm gonna miss Stan the Man?

Fun episode. ****.

Reactions: JThree

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Lie Detector: We now know what "Liv" has in stasis and it's Liv. So the person who has been calling herself Liv is probably a genetic creation like Chris or Liv has a twin. Either way, if "Liv's" goal is to save the real Liv, that does give "Liv" a noble/sympathetic reason for her actions, but there could still be more to this.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.
Vuxovich wrote on thomas2313412's profile.
@thomas2313412 You're spamming the PPG 2016 thread without any reason!
Can anyone from COmiccon ask a representative of cartoon network,if the series of PPG2016 is renewed for a fourth season or is it cancelled and if the gumball movie is greenlit?