"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

• Enter to win a $100 or a $50 gift code to FUN.com. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Check out the second season of Big Hero 6: The Series! Premieres today at 3:30PM ET on the Disney Channel, with new episodes airing weekdays for the next 2 weeks!

Synopsis: Based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award®-winning feature film, “Big Hero 6 The Series” continues the adventures and friendship of 14-year-old tech genius Hiro, his compassionate, cutting-edge robot Baymax and their friends Wasabi, Honey Lemon, Go Go and Fred as they form the legendary superhero team Big Hero 6 and embark on high-tech adventures as they protect their city from an array of scientifically enhanced villains. In his normal day-to-day life, Hiro faces daunting academic challenges and social trials as the new prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. Season two finds Hiro and the Big Hero 6 team in upgraded super suits as they take on a variety of innovative villains, bio-engineered monsters and high-tech robots.

The series voice cast includes Maya Rudolph as Aunt Cass, Ryan Potter as Hiro, Scott Adsit as Baymax, Jamie Chung as Go Go, Alan Tudyk as Alistair Krei, Khary Payton as Wasabi, Genesis Rodriguez as Honey Lemon, Brooks Wheelan as Fred, David Shaughnessy as Heathcliff and Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee as Fred’s dad. Returning this season are Emmy Award nominees Christy Carlson Romano and Andy Richter as Trina and Globby, respectively; Jenifer Lewis as Professor Granville; Haley Tju as Karmi; and Mara Wilson as Liv Amara.

Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley and Nick Filippi, the team behind the Emmy Award-winning global hit Disney Channel series “Kim Possible,” serve as executive producers. Filippi also serves as supervising director. The series is a production of Disney Television Animation and carries a TVY7-FV parental guideline.

This week on "Big Hero 6"...

Big Hero 6: The Series "Internabout"
Episode Debut - May 6th, 2019

Hiro’s jealousy of Karmi’s internship at Sycorax leads him to intern at Krei Tech.

*Ben Feldman (“Superstore”) guest stars as Chris, Liv Amara’s assistant.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Seventh Wheel"
Episode Debut - May 7th, 2019

Professor Granville becomes increasingly pushy with Big Hero 6 as she helps them figure out a mysterious series of food-related burglaries.

*Sean Giambrone (ABC’s “The Goldbergs”) recurs as Richardson Mole.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Prey Date"
Episode Debut - May 8th, 2019

Hiro and Fred enlist Karmi to find out what happened to Orso Knox, the man who was mysteriously turned into a monster.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Something’s Fishy"
Episode Debut - May 9th, 2019

When Aunt Cass sets Hiro up on a date, he begins to wonder if he’s missing out on being a regular kid.

*Nestor Carbonell (“Bates Motel”) and Isabella Gomez (“One Day at a Time”) guest star as Chief Cruz and Megan, respectively.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Nega-Globby"
Episode Debut - May 10th, 2019

Honey Lemon sets out to make Globby human again.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Last edited:

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Well looks like we are taking our time going into the monster arc, just resetting things a bit.

I am hoping the Hiro / Karmi develops beyond just destine and rivalry.

I wonder Noodle Boys and Trina going to do now, they have no master, they have no direction, they are just lost souls even though they have no souls being robots.

JThree

Mar 2, 2004
North Dakota
Had a hard time locating this thread, thought it would be under the Disney/Pixar one.

Missed the first ten minutes because I forgot about it, but then saw Trina on it. Well, it looks Trina is going full bad and full-robot this season. Sort of surprised on this decision, thought the female android would be a romantic rival with Karmi this season.

Good humor, some foreshadowing, and I will have to rewatch it a bit further. I do think Liv Amara might turn out to be the big bad for this arc. The way that transformed monster went for her last season made me think she was responsible, and then Big Hero Six just let the poor man/creature be transported to her facility (where he was probably made into the creature).

--jthree

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
All of this talk about phase 2, I am thinking that at some point maybe in the season finale, maybe not this monster arc, but the next arc, that Obaki's is going come back and be an ally and help stop a bigger threat. I am not sure he ever a full on good guy, but anti hero perhaps.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
That was fun. I liked all the callbacks to Noodle Burger Boy's first appearance. Though I do find it weird that he and Trina were even back.

Also, they changed up the intro quite a bit. Mini-Max everywhere, some new villains, those black suits, etc.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "Interabout"

I found the musical number of Noodle Burger Boy destroying the restaurant strangely disturbing.

Also weird is the idea that he and Trini consider themselves brother and sister.

I like whenever shows change the intros slightly between seasons.

Passable premiere, but not great. ***.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Well Liv is very shady, doing questionable stuff. And while it looks like she is the villain of the arc, or at least the main cause of all the trouble, I don't know if she is evil, for now I give her the benefit of the doubt that she has good intention, she is not a bad person at heart, just has no morals about doing things. Either way probably going to end up in jail when this is over.

Question is it possible that Karmi going to be running Sycorax when this is over, Hiro is going to go nuts. We saw how crazy he went over an internship. Actually seriously, this is probably going to be a big Karmi arc, and I think she and Hiro will be on better terms as they go on this journey. So I think we be passed that jealousy stuff.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
The Internabout: Anyone else feel that these "Hiro is jealous of Karmi" episodes are very cringe? It's about the weakest thing about the show. I can't help but mute the parts so I wouldn't hear any of it.
Now as for the non-cringe parts. NBB sounded like he was saying "boom" instead "home" half the time. Poor Assist Manager on having to see her beloved mascot turn on her like that. I'm guessing that some part of the season will focus on getting that Obake chip out of NBB. Trina has turned more villainous. I'm not digging the hair. It was funny seeing her having head-issues.

Reactions: JThree

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
Geez, Liv Amara is a lot scarier than Obake was. Obake was at least up front with his villainy!

Also, I like that they're trying to maintain a balance in Hiro and Karmi's rivalry - last episode that Karmi was in, it was her constantly making Hiro frustrated, and in this latest episode it was Hiro constantly making her frustrated (I especially love how he got her to do exactly what he wanted toward the start, which she only realized until she'd already agreed to do it - that was hilarious). And there was even some growth toward a friendship between them at the end, that's also nice to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowBeast

JThree

Mar 2, 2004
North Dakota
How many of us called it when we thought Liv was going to be the big bad for season 2?
Wonder how this will effect Karmi later on?

Three

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
How many of us called it when we thought Liv was going to be the big bad for season 2?
Wonder how this will effect Karmi later on?

Three
I think it would be easier to count how many people didn't call it. Liv practically screamed "Big Bad" when she was first introduced. I'm surprised Fred didn't suspect her.
I think she's gonna be like Marvel villain the Leader where she wants to transform everyone into her "perfect" creations.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "Seventh Wheel"

I think I see Grandville's entire problem this episode. And because this reason wasn't actually addressed, I don't see it being fixed anytime soon.

But this is literally the first year she has been subordinate to the group. She spent all of last year bossing everyone around (in style) and she can't actually do that anymore. I actually think this may be the real reason she never said anything when she learned their secret. She would automatically be less valuable to them, at least openly, if the truth was out. And as seen here, that's exactly right.

I love the crazy chef chick turning into Lady Deathstrike. What was up with that?

I love the food crimes idea. And it's actually a good and unusually interesting crime. Is it true there is a block of cheese out there more valuable than its weight in gold? I am not a foodie, so I can't really say this fairly, but that's insane. Anyone who would pay that much for food is wasting their money, while the rest of the world starves. There is a tendency in television and movies to admire fine and rare cuisine, but I think food that is that expensive isn't actually admirable at all. I don't care what it tastes like, anyone who pays more for cheese than gold is worth has warped values. Period.

Love me some Minimax.

It seems strange to me that Honey Lemon always calls Hiro "Hido". It's like a Japanese pronunciation of the name, which is only said by one of the two token white characters. That has always confused me a bit.

This was a fun episode, but I don't feel anything was resolved with Grandville. Heck, until the underlying psychology of the problem is even acknowledged, I don't think it ever can be. ****.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Prey Date"

Oh my God! Liv's evil! And probably this season's Big Bad! Oh no!

I love the dialogue on this show. It's fast-paced, funny, and witty. And it's a kids cartoon!

I love the notion that Knox saved Hiro and meant no harm. That was cool.

Good episode. ****.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Well we might have a love triangle after all, and be funny if Megan figures out the secret identity much easier than Karmi does.

So far how how heroes have a bad record this season, they have not caught one villain, which is frustrating, but maybe that does go into the plot and something Megan's dad is going to mention the fact they don't catch bad guys.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Something's Fishy: Oh god, another love triangle, well quadrangle if you count Captain Cutie as a separate character from Hiro. Megan seems nice though, but we know that Fred is gonna point out her father as being the typical law enforcement who's against superheroes like in the comics. Speaking of Fred, it seems like he and Richardson would actually be friends if they weren't competing on their collecting. Though Fred's better off since Richardson is a true jerk, and is technically a thief that BH6 should've taken the energy orb from when they first found it in his secret room.
High Voltage are actually victims in this episode since not only were they intending to go straight, but were made into monsters that are most likely under Liv's control now considering the end of the episode. Liv is definitely doing what she's doing for more than just money also considering the episode's end. I think the money she's gathering will be funding her ultimate plan of mutating everyone in San Fransokyo.

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
Oh god, another love triangle, well quadrangle if you count Captain Cutie as a separate character from Hiro.
Yeah, kind of, though not really a regular one - Karmi's got no interest in Hiro at all, just "Captain Cutie", while Megan shows interest in Hiro but him being "Captain Cutie" creates problems especially seeing as Megan's dad has sworn to arrest all of Big Hero 6. Poor Hiro, he just can't catch a break with girls.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Yeah, kind of, though not really a regular one - Karmi's got no interest in Hiro at all, just "Captain Cutie", while Megan shows interest in Hiro but him being "Captain Cutie" creates problems especially seeing as Megan's dad has sworn to arrest all of Big Hero 6. Poor Hiro, he just can't catch a break with girls.
But eventually Karmi's crush with CC will eventually cross with Hiro's "relationship" with Megan. Plus Karmi has been lightening up on Hiro, as proven when she was worried about him recently in Prey Date.
There's also Trina.

I know she meant well, but Aunt Cass shouldn't try to set Hiro up with a girl either. She doesn't know what he's been doing while Hiro is out doing superhero stuff. For all she knows, he could already have a girlfriend.

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
May 24, 2001
I can't remember.
Yeah. You're probably thinking, 'What's he doing back? He pretty much dumped on the whole show its first season.'

I was curious.

"Something's Fishy"

I'll say. I missed the episodes that established/elaborated on this, but...Liv's a villain? Gee whiz. If you can't trust Matilda, who can you trust?

I jumped in when Fred and Gogo were stakeing out Richardson's place. Fred contracted that 'talking too much' virus again, but I was fascinated that his eel mutation theory was correct, especially since High Voltage's fish dinner kinda confirmed it. The final showdown was interesting in its goofiness (Mutated High Voltage) vs. goofiness (Honey Lemon in a giant gummy bunny). (Sidenote: the 'to heck with humanity; we're powerful fish creatures' thing worked better here than the last time the production team tried it with that one Kim Possible episode.)

Also, I'm very much rooting for Hiro and Megan, even with her father. It's nice that there's a girl in Hiro's life around his age who's not a robot or incredibly obnoxious.

So...maybe I'll give the show another chance?

JThree

Mar 2, 2004
North Dakota
Wow! Hiro is turning out to be quite a popular guy with the ladies. Still would like to see more with Trina besides being a bad guy.

==jthree

Also, Liv is becoming nastier and nastier. Her expression at the end of the episode was incredibly wicked.

--jthree

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Aaaaand the other ratings are gone :(
Lot's of Great Cartoon News Today! Looking forward to Mao-Mao and Tig N Seek! As well as S2 of Summer Camp Island. Now if only we could get airdates for Thundercats ROAR! & High Guardian Spice.
What would you do if you were in charge of Universal Kids?
Anybody remembered when Gerald McBoing Boing had Cartoon Network City Bumpers? I vaguely remembered them.