"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So for our girl Karmi maybe some good news, your boss might not be a villain after all, that is still to be determined, when the real one gets out of there, who knows she might be proud of the imposter's work, highly unlikely though, if they wanted to make her a villain, just make her a villain, why go through all this clone stuff. Though this might mean my thought on Karmi going to take over the company after this arc, like I thought she was might not happen.

Either way, she is going to have to take responsibility, whoever that imposter is, obviously the real Liv created it, so she is going to have to make up for it.

I guess she is the female Krei, the ultimate red herring. The question is, was that the real Liv in that season 1 episode?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Lie Detector"

Smart way to get Liv out of the lie detector. It's a Liv robot. It also suggests to me that perhaps the real Liv isn't evil. But the episode rankled me otherwise.

The thing I hated was Baymax saying Gogo has never lied. If fandom were a bit more obsessed with the right things, they would give the show holy hell for that. Instead I imagine I'm the only one who'll care. Because them saying that boxes the story in. But the next time Gogo lies they'll ignore this episode, and the fans probably won't remember it either. I will. And I'll be pissed.

For the record, Gogo has already lied in front of Baymax: Earlier this week when she pretended to Honey Lemon she was cool with her moving out. And I'm gonna call the show out for that right off the bat. That is the kind of thing that pisses me off like no other thing, and it struck me as a huge unforced error. It was probably made because the writers (almost certainly correctly) predicted practically no-one would ever call them out on it. I will. And in every review from this point forward. I'm actually ticked. **.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
You don't suppose Obaki has something to do with this Liv clone robot? Who else is going to build a robot that looks that life like?

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
You don't suppose Obaki has something to do with this Liv clone robot? Who else is going to build a robot that looks that life like?
Is she even a robot though? Considering theme of this plot is genetic manipulation and that it's already been hinted that her assistant is a genetic experiment. I don't think she would be a robot. The fact that Bessy didn't short her out also kind of proves this.
There's also the possibility of her being the real Liv's twin sister.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
The thing I hated was Baymax saying Gogo has never lied. If fandom were a bit more obsessed with the right things, they would give the show holy hell for that. Instead I imagine I'm the only one who'll care. Because them saying that boxes the story in. But the next time Gogo lies they'll ignore this episode, and the fans probably won't remember it either. I will. And I'll be pissed.
I'm pretty sure Baymax referred specifically to the time period since Hiro upgraded his lie detection throughout the episode, not for the entirety of the series.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So if Liv is not evil, than we might actually do something with her and Krei romantically? It looked like their relationship did improve in the "Something Fluffy" episode, they were getting along being ghost busters, granted we know now that was a fake Liv, but still from Keri's perspective, he uncharacteristically was getting along with her.

Reactions: JThree

JThree

Mar 2, 2004
North Dakota
So if Liv is not evil, than we might actually do something with her and Krei romantically? It looked like their relationship did improve in the "Something Fluffy" episode, they were getting along being ghost busters, granted we know now that was a fake Liv, but still from Keri's perspective, he uncharacteristically was getting along with her.
I do think that Krei still has feelings for her, though he disguises it with trying to act like he doesn't like her.

==jthree

Wonder how the "evil" Liv situation is going to develop? Will she corrupt Karmi with the ends justify the means approach?

By the way, isn't this evil Liv really evil? All the people she's willing to transform, blackmail, and manipulate for her own agenda is evil in a way that the first season bad wasn't?

--jthree

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowBeast

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
I do think that Krei still has feelings for her, though he disguises it with trying to act like he doesn't like her.
Well if he finds out what is going on with the real one, maybe he will have to confront those feelings. And Krei in these week 2 episodes, has shown a lot more layers and dept to his character than we ever saw. Maybe they will develop Krei's character to be more than just a joke character.

Reactions: Fone Bone

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Season 2 of Big Hero 6: The Series continues! New episodes air this week at 7:30AM ET on Disney XD, and at 3:30PM ET on the Disney Channel! The episodes will also be available on DisneyNOW.

This week on "Big Hero 6"...

Big Hero 6: The Series "Write Turn Here"
Episode Debut - September 3rd, 2019

Hiro writes a story about Big Hero 6 for a class project.

*Christy Carlson Romano (Disney Channel’s Kim Possible) returns as Trina.

Big Hero 6: The Series "City of Monsters - Part 1"
Episode Debut - September 4th, 2019

Karmi and Hiro team up to help treat someone with genetically engineered parasites.

*Daniel Henney (Criminal Minds) and Ben Feldman (Superstore) return as Tadashi and Chris, respectively.

Big Hero 6: The Series "City of Monsters - Part 2"
Episode Debut - September 5th, 2019

Big Hero 6 must continue to fight off a city overrun with monsters.

*Mara Wilson (BoJack Horseman) returns as Liv Amara.

Big Hero 6: The Series "Mini-Maximum Trouble"
Episode Debut - September 6th, 2019

When Fred runs into a string of bad luck, Megan reveals to Hiro that she’s trying to uncover the true identities of Big Hero 6 for her school’s newspaper.

*Nestor Carbonell (Bates Motel) and Isabella Gomez (One Day at a Time) return as Chief Cruz and Megan, respectively.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
September 3rd:
This was the weakest episode of the first half of Season 2. It was really annoying and repetitive: someone takes control of the fanfic story and turns it into even more of a crazy mess, then some wacky new version of NBB shows up to cause trouble in reality, rinse and repeat until they both come together in the final act. The end scene where Hiro decides to basically write the story of the original BH6 movie was touching, but it wasn't worth all of the stupidity that came before it.

September 4th:
As expected of Part 1 of the 2A finale, this was a huge improvement over the previous episode. Hiro and Karmi finally swallow their pride and make the connection we were all hoping for, and their friendly interplay with one another was legit adorable. It made the episode's ending sting even more, although let's be honest: the minute Karmi got her internship with Liv, this result was inevitable (as was the fact that she was used to have Hiro kidnapped again. The rest of the team was right, it's kind of a trend at this point.) Can't wait to see how it all gets wrapped up tomorrow.

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Please use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 22, 2017
City of Monsters 1

Very good episode. The last two minutes was some of the best of the series. Suspenseful and full of emotion. Really felt the connection between Hiro and Karmi, but I feel Karmi might go her own way in part II. Due to the fact that Megan might take over the shipping angle in a later episode. Liv has turned out to be a great villain; there's something genuinely creepy about this pseudo-Liv with her sultry voice, and sometimes appelling personality that makes her an intriguing opponent. She has done some truly monstrous things to others, and it doesn't bother her the slightest.

Did hope they could have developed the relationship between Liv (or pseudo Liv) a bit more between Krei, before the big reveal. Krei seems to be somewhat bothered by her, and it may be due to something deeper. Tomorrow, we'll have some big reveals.

I really think Big Hero Six is one of the best shows on tv right now. It has just the right mix of comedy, characters, and superhero elements. While that's great, I feel sad that other animated series aren't quite that good.

-jthree

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
They wrote Karmi out of the series. I hope this is not the last we see of her, I liked her, and thought she and Hiro had good chemistry.

They did leave some things open ended, does Karmi know Big Hero's identity or at the very least Hiro is in Big Hero 6, I guess depends how much memories she has when she was in monster form.

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
They wrote Karmi out of the series.
Temporarily. I definitely think her "Lab Lady" persona is intentional foreshadowing.

And I can't say I blame her for taking a leave of absence. Between being betrayed by her supposed BFF, mutating into a monster, and very likely finding out that the boy she hated and then just recently came around to liking as a friend is her beloved Captain Cutie, she has a LOT of thoughts and feelings that she needs to sort out.

Anyway, great finale for the 2A story arc. The connection between evil!Liv and real!Liv was exactly what I predicted it was, but the revelation was still very well-executed, and all the necessary plot threads were wrapped up in a good way (I'm especially glad that Mr. Sparkles has finally been apprehended, that little creep deserves it.)

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2017
For some reason, the writers want to develop things between Hiro and Megan for awhile. She might be an interesting contrast with Karmi. Where Karmi had a crush on "Captain Cutie," Megan seems to like Hiro as he is, and may not care for Big Hero Six or Captain Cutie. Again, a twist on the old Superman/Lois Lane/Clark Kent dynamic. Hey. If it works keep using it.

Haven't seen part II yet, did Krei show up?

--jthree

Korra_Fan

May 25, 2012
She might be an interesting contrast with Karmi. Where Karmi had a crush on "Captain Cutie," Megan seems to like Hiro as he is, and may not care for Big Hero Six or Captain Cutie.
I definitely think that's where things will be going. Right now Megan doesn't appear to mind Big Hero 6, but I think as the conflict between them and her father escalates (and especially if something bad happens to her father in the process), she'll pick up his attitude toward them.

Haven't seen part II yet, did Krei show up?
Nope. I think he and Hiro's internship with him are gonna be more important for the next arc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangesilentplanet

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Big Hero 6: The Series "Write Turn Here"

This was sort of a crossover with Big Chibi 6: The Shorts.

The Noodleverse is my favorite sci-fi concept EVER!

I laughed when Baymax kicked the Noodle clone with his turbo boot.

Pretty good. ***1/2.

Big Hero 6: The Series "City Of Monsters, Part I"

Wow, I'm old. There was just too much stuff going on. The pace was too fast. They condensed half a season's worth of story into 22 minutes, it was just too much. Worst of all, it's the only the first part.

All of the villains seem to know the secret identities of Big Hero 6. What is the point of having them? Also, why does Fred keeping rebuilding his Kaiju?

That was a little much for me. Get off my lawn. **.

Big Hero 6: The Series "City Of Monsters, Part 2"

I thought this episode ALSO a bit much, but I at least liked the ending very much. The real Liv turning out to be decent and disapproving of the clone's methods was the right moral. And the clone's are stupid and counterproductive. Hiro and Karmi came up with the cure last episode. But it took Hiro so long to test it because Di foolishly turned Karmi into a monster and let loose every other monster in the city. Di's methods weren't simply unethical. They were unhelpful to the actual goal.

I like that the guy we hoped was cured from being a monster a few episodes ago actually was cured for real this time.

I love Sparkle objecting to the guy gender specifying their radioactive meteor monster. I love the modern things the show has the characters object to because they put them under as ridiculous a lens as possible. Which is funny.

I settled into the second part by the end of it. ***1/2.

Reactions: Orangesilentplanet
Feb 22, 2017
Still think the real Liv has more story potential, and would love to see her return for more conflict with Krei. He's entertaining when he make's fun of Liv/Di. Hope we haven't heard the end of Liv. Her voice over actress really does bring life to the character. Menacing, yet sweet. Threatening, yet beautiful.

As for Karmi, it was a bit of surprise that her parents took her away. I didn't expect that kind of reaction, but if my daughter had gone through something that our Karmi went though, I would have gotten her out of the city as well.

Hope BH6 gets a fourth season. But I really don't its wise for Disney to burn through eight to ten episodes in two weeks. Going back to the old one new episode a week formula is best. It builds interest gradually and doesn't have the months long drought save for between seasons.

Loved the in-joke where the newscaster couldn't even explain what happened.

==jthree

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
I do love the irony that on her first appearance, Di (as Liv) coldly dismissed Hiro for being merely a robotic student (and not even the main genius behind Baymax), yet he ended up having exactly what she needed.

I hope we get to see Liv return soon. The final minutes were really rushed and we didn't get to see what consequences Di's actions brought to her company and her life.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So Karmi is Gwen Stacey and Megan is Mary Jane or is it the other way around? Megan's dad being a cop does complicate that equation.

Well personnel for me an easier comparison is another Disney show American Dragon: Jake Long, Karmi is Rose and Megan is Danica.

So the Liv we saw in her sole season 1 was that real Liv or fake Liv? Still while the real Liv didn't mean any harm, she should know when you try to find immortality, that never turns out well. So she does need to take some ownership on what happened.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wish a happy birthday to Roger Craig Smith (45), Will Friedle (44), and Alyson Stoner (27). Roger's roles include Batman, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Captain America. Will's roles include Terry McGinnis/Batman, Ron Stoppable, and Peter Quill/Star Lord. Allyson's roles include Isabella (Phineas And Ferb), Batgirl (Young Justice, Lego DC DVD movies), and Sam Sharp.
Here's a picture of Danica McKellar with her mother. It's impressive how similar they look. I could've sworn they were sisters. I know the picture is from 2015, but still.

Remember when social media wasn't so toxic?
Happy 58th birthday Alan.