"Big Hero 6: The Series" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So for our girl Karmi maybe some good news, your boss might not be a villain after all, that is still to be determined, when the real one gets out of there, who knows she might be proud of the imposter's work, highly unlikely though, if they wanted to make her a villain, just make her a villain, why go through all this clone stuff. Though this might mean my thought on Karmi going to take over the company after this arc, like I thought she was might not happen.

Either way, she is going to have to take responsibility, whoever that imposter is, obviously the real Liv created it, so she is going to have to make up for it.

I guess she is the female Krei, the ultimate red herring. The question is, was that the real Liv in that season 1 episode?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "Lie Detector"

Smart way to get Liv out of the lie detector. It's a Liv robot. It also suggests to me that perhaps the real Liv isn't evil. But the episode rankled me otherwise.

The thing I hated was Baymax saying Gogo has never lied. If fandom were a bit more obsessed with the right things, they would give the show holy hell for that. Instead I imagine I'm the only one who'll care. Because them saying that boxes the story in. But the next time Gogo lies they'll ignore this episode, and the fans probably won't remember it either. I will. And I'll be pissed.

For the record, Gogo has already lied in front of Baymax: Earlier this week when she pretended to Honey Lemon she was cool with her moving out. And I'm gonna call the show out for that right off the bat. That is the kind of thing that pisses me off like no other thing, and it struck me as a huge unforced error. It was probably made because the writers (almost certainly correctly) predicted practically no-one would ever call them out on it. I will. And in every review from this point forward. I'm actually ticked. **.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
You don't suppose Obaki has something to do with this Liv clone robot? Who else is going to build a robot that looks that life like?

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
You don't suppose Obaki has something to do with this Liv clone robot? Who else is going to build a robot that looks that life like?
Is she even a robot though? Considering theme of this plot is genetic manipulation and that it's already been hinted that her assistant is a genetic experiment. I don't think she would be a robot. The fact that Bessy didn't short her out also kind of proves this.
There's also the possibility of her being the real Liv's twin sister.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
May 13, 2006
Advanced Idea Mechanics
The thing I hated was Baymax saying Gogo has never lied. If fandom were a bit more obsessed with the right things, they would give the show holy hell for that. Instead I imagine I'm the only one who'll care. Because them saying that boxes the story in. But the next time Gogo lies they'll ignore this episode, and the fans probably won't remember it either. I will. And I'll be pissed.
I'm pretty sure Baymax referred specifically to the time period since Hiro upgraded his lie detection throughout the episode, not for the entirety of the series.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I'm pretty sure Baymax referred specifically to the time period since Hiro upgraded his lie detection throughout the episode, not for the entirety of the series.
He said "Gogo has never lied". And the episode established he had the detector the entire time, even though Hiro updated it and made it more prevalent.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So if Liv is not evil, than we might actually do something with her and Krei romantically? It looked like their relationship did improve in the "Something Fluffy" episode, they were getting along being ghost busters, granted we know now that was a fake Liv, but still from Keri's perspective, he uncharacteristically was getting along with her.

Reactions: JThree

JThree

Mar 2, 2004
North Dakota
So if Liv is not evil, than we might actually do something with her and Krei romantically? It looked like their relationship did improve in the "Something Fluffy" episode, they were getting along being ghost busters, granted we know now that was a fake Liv, but still from Keri's perspective, he uncharacteristically was getting along with her.
I do think that Krei still has feelings for her, though he disguises it with trying to act like he doesn't like her.

==jthree

Wonder how the "evil" Liv situation is going to develop? Will she corrupt Karmi with the ends justify the means approach?

By the way, isn't this evil Liv really evil? All the people she's willing to transform, blackmail, and manipulate for her own agenda is evil in a way that the first season bad wasn't?

--jthree

Last edited:
Reactions: ShadowBeast

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
I do think that Krei still has feelings for her, though he disguises it with trying to act like he doesn't like her.
Well if he finds out what is going on with the real one, maybe he will have to confront those feelings. And Krei in these week 2 episodes, has shown a lot more layers and dept to his character than we ever saw. Maybe they will develop Krei's character to be more than just a joke character.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Captain Underpants season 3 July 19
Happy 41st birthday, Garfield!
So there's a reboot of this old French series called Oum the White Dolphin. Found it while channel surfing and initially thought it was CGI, but no!
Why are the forums all squished down to the left?
It's been about two years since I joined Toonzone/Animesuperhero. I've come a long way since my days on Fairly Odd Parents wiki.