Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

Moe

Maybe so, but the Garfield brand is owned by ViacomCBS, and the Garfield specials migrated from Boomerang to Tubi.
Not TV show (1988-1994).

All of Garfield Specials got removed from Boomerang in 2018 at same time when they added TV series

Also, TMNT '87 isn't owned by Viacom either.

Moe

Didn't they coexist on the streamer at one point...?

I had to check the post's history and I just remember - all of Garfield TV specials got removed before new 2nd round of 30 episodes added last year, also they had few Garfield movies that got removed last year.

November 2018 - 30 episodes of Garfield and Friends added (1988-1989)
November 2019 - other 30 episodes of Garfield and Friends added (1989-1991)

If it is based on previous date, it could be presumed to add other 30 episodes (1991-1993) add to Boomerang in November 2020 and other final (1993-1994) on November 2021.

No one know until next week, also no one say about when Garfield TV will be expire

Amazon added many of Garfield TV specials too.

I do think that @DonTrashRoom may remember about whichever contents got removed.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Well, as of today, Boomerang is no longer on VRV.

To be fair, Boomerang has very much shown signs of slowing down. No new library content has been added since August 2019, some of the content that was announced for 2019 (The Wind in the Willows and Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs) never made it onto the service, and HBO Max has been slowly adding more content that was already available on Boomerang.

Perhaps I was right in my assumptions that WarnerMedia is winding down Boomerang, and that they're possibly gonna be absorbing it into HBO Max like they'll be doing with DC Universe.

Moe

I found very annoying to see Boomerang used segments as separate episode than include in a package so those shows should be shown as full episodes, not individual separate segments.

I noticed that Flintstone Kids are incomplete so they don't include all segments but they cut some of them out.

MatthewRC

I found very annoying to see Boomerang used segments as separate episode than include in a package so those shows should be shown as full episodes, not individual separate segments.

I noticed that Flintstone Kids are incomplete so they don't include all segments but they cut some of them out.

Well, HBO Max may eventually have you covered in the future.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
One thing to consider is that Crunchyroll (VRV's parent company) is pending a potential sale to Sony. WarnerMedia might be divesting their networks from VRV in advance.

If Rooster Teeth (the only other VRV network owned by WM) is also removed, that might be the final confirmation.

UPDATE: Sony has bought Crunchyroll. No word on whether VRV will follow suit or remain with WM.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Cartoon Network's Legacy Collection (thread on that discussion here) is joining HBO Max on January 1.

Following WarnerMedia's neglect of the Boomerang app and even its separation from VRV, and classic CN and H-B shows going to HBO Max, I wonder if 2021 will be Boomerang's final year of operation. It's certainly seeming that way.

SG-17

Ed, Edd n Eddy, finally! I was planning to sub to Max for the forthcoming movies, but I think I'll keep it to watch this stuff.

Mandouga

Yes, well, that has nothing to do with Boomerang itself. Also, they still haven't said if anything will happen to the app. Until then, we have to assume that Boomerang will stick around. Now, personally, I do wonder, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions...

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Moe

Yes, well, that has nothing to do with Boomerang itself. Also, they still haven't said if anything will happen to the app. Until then, we have to assume that Boomerang will stick around. Now, personally, I do wonder, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions...

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

I do think that Boomerang app likely to be around for longer time unless WarnerMedia or AT&T announce to fold and move everything to HBO Max, so we don't know until surprise announcement.

However if Boomerang remove the annual plan so we may start to know like we did with DC Universe.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts