"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Dsneybuf

Do the particles actually form Jan's costume, or just make it small enough for her to carry?

Medinnus

Staff member
Do the particles actually form Jan's costume, or just make it small enough for her to carry?

I think in the MU it was explained by the Richards' "unstable molecule" material, a psuedo-science way of saying that you can set or change the state of matter without affecting its cohesion - which is why the Human Torch isn't arrested for indecent exposure, why Reed's clothes stretch with him, etc.

OK... maybe accidental indecent exposure.

But they've never been directly referenced in AEMH

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I think in the MU it was explained by the Richards' "unstable molecule" material, a psuedo-science way of saying that you can set or change the state of matter without affecting its cohesion - which is why the Human Torch isn't arrested for indecent exposure, why Reed's clothes stretch with him, etc.

This brings to mind an old Hembeck strip where the Torch rescued someone before they had their team uniforms.

Dsneybuf

If any of you guys remember a now-dead website called "Jump The Shark" that contained polls of when various shows started going downhill, I found a similar website called, "Bone the Fish" earlier this week. I added a poll about Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which currently has three choices, and a total of one vote (cast by myself). If any of you want to add choices, or even to vote that the show never went downhill, go here:
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - BoneTheFish.com (BTF) - TV Shows

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
There's one episode left! Sunday, May 5, at 11 a.m., the episode "Powerless" will 'premiere' on Disney XD, three weeks before the May 26 two-episode launch of Avengers Assemble.

Dsneybuf

I feel kind of worried for people who will use iTunes or Amazon in the future to watch this show, and will mistake that episode for the series finale.

Dsneybuf

I mean, people who haven't seen the show before, and decide to watch it through iTunes or Amazon.

Dsneybuf

I imagine it would seem underwhelming compared to the real series finale, not to mention the cliffhanger ending.
Actually, if you mean to ask me why they would mistake it for the series finale: iTunes numbers all the episodes from "Assault on 42" to "Avengers Assemble!" as #41-#51, instead of #42-#52. That episode might become #52.

NuclearBLt

I imagine it would seem underwhelming compared to the real series finale, not to mention the cliffhanger ending.
Actually, if you mean to ask me why they would mistake it for the series finale: iTunes numbers all the episodes from "Assault on 42" to "Avengers Assemble!" as #41-#51, instead of #42-#52. That episode might become #52.

If it does, it does. Nothing is perfectly sacred.
I don't think it would matter if this was listed as the series finale, it's not like people are going to hate the show after watching it.

Medinnus

Staff member
If it does, it does. Nothing is perfectly sacred.
I don't think it would matter if this was listed as the series finale, it's not like people are going to hate the show after watching it.

Even more - people who like the show already know its over. Virtually nobody is going to "discover" the series with this episode, and be so turned off that they misconstrue it as representative of the series. Even if such a number was significant, what does it matter? All it could do - and its a stretch - is for some people to misconstrue it as part of the NEW series, and it makes such a bad impression that they ignore the new series.

More folks discovering AEMH at this point is irrelevant.

Dsneybuf

I just remembered I might be in no position to question the way that certain online outlets number Marvel cartoons, having no desite to rectify the fact that I Netflix'd the '90s X-Men cartoon out of chronological order even after noticing the order doesn't match that listed on this site.:eek:

Dsneybuf

If it does end with issue #16, then we wouldn't get a comic of "To Steal an Ant-Man", despite the sketch for a cover already appearing.

RoryWilliams

To Steal an Ant-Man is still happening.

Marvel Universe AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #17
Adapted by Joe Caramagna
Cover by Chris Jones
• The Ant-Man armor has been stolen!
• Left with no choice, Hank Pym must hire the HEROES FOR HIRE to get it back!
• Based on season two of the hit Disney XD TV show!
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

Mod Note: As we've asked before, please refrain from posting HUGE images. Link to them instead. The image has been replaced with a thumbnail sized image leading to a full-scale image. It'd be appreciated if this was followed in the future.

Dsneybuf

So, I got the paperback of issues #9-#12 a couple days ago (the prices decreased with each book), and failed to find a comic matching this description:
Loki and Thor go to war – and the Avengers show the Norse God of Evil what it means to be a brother!
Could someone who actually owns issue #12 please tell me whether or not Marvel released this story? As is, the book ends with a comic containing no Avengers at all. :(

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts