"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Kaijukurt

May 14, 2013
So, I got the paperback of issues #9-#12 a couple days ago (the prices decreased with each book), and failed to find a comic matching this description:

Could someone who actually owns issue #12 please tell me whether or not Marvel released this story? As is, the book ends with a comic containing no Avengers at all. :(
No Avengers at all? How's that possible?

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
I personally found it dull, and also found out through an Avengers fansite on Angelfire that issue #12 didn't have the Loki comic during its original release, either.

Updating my list of each Avenger's first and last lines to include the last thing each one said in the comics:
Iron Man
"...Iron Man."-Iron Man is Born!
"We gave Galactus what he wanted. In the Negative Zone, Galactus won't need to feed on planets. The entire universe is filled with residual anti-matter energy. He'll be feeding on the infinite universe itself."-Avengers Assemble
"So...how's the ol' body feeling?"-Baby Steps

Thor
"Move back, mortals. Thor the thunderer will deal with these villains."-Thor the Mighty
"I am with you, Iron Man!"-Avengers Assemble
"Shut up."-With Friends Like These

Hulk (as Hulk)
"Hulk smash rock, Einstein."-Hulk vs. The World
"I don't know. I think I want to be left alone for a while. But if you need me, call. After all, what are friends for, right?"-The Deadliest Man Alive
"Friends...? Yes. Hulk knows who his friends are."-This Man, That Monster!

Ant-Man/Giant-Man/Yellowjacket
"Field journal 011962-27. Dr. Henry Pym recording. SHIELD found a sample of the rare metal known as Vibranium outside the African nation of Wakanda. Which is pretty exciting, frankly, as I am the first scientist to ever examine the metal. SHIELD director Nick Fury asked me to evaluate it and make sure it's safe to be handled by humans. Don't worry, I'm sure he meant safe for all life."-The Man in the Ant Hill
"Uh, oh."-Avengers Assemble
"No, but somehow we do have to figure out a way to return these monsters to Mole Man. Man-is he gonna be mad at you!"-The Leader's Legions

Wasp
"Hank! Are you...oh. Well, I guess you are okay. Never mind."-The Man in the Ant Hill
"We won! Wait, what did we do?"-Avengers Assemble
"You're forgetting the most important thing you boys have to do...clean up."-With Friends Like These

Captain America
"This is the end of the line, boys. Our job is to take down HYDRA's science base, and we've already got a man on the inside to get us in. Now, let's to show the Red Skull that his day is over!"-Meet Captain America
"You wanted to know how history will remember the Avengers, Iron Man? Well, here's your answer."-Avengers Assemble
"Oh, you handled it pretty well when you had to."-This Man, That Monster!

Black Panther
"Father, please. Do not do this."-The Man in the Ant Hill
"Hulk! Now, while he is weakened."-Avengers Assemble
"Perhaps I have spoken too soon."-With Friends Like These

Hawkeye
"Tick, tick, boom!"-Hulk vs. The World
"Wait. Is he-is he ignoring us?"-Avengers Assemble
"Easy. You make a call to somebody who can."-With Friends Like These

Ms. Marvel
"Aside from the good looks, money, and super armor."-459
"I can't just stand here watching. If I'm going out, I'm going out fighting."-Avengers Assemble
"Hulk...do you know us? We're your friends."-This Man, That Monster!

Vision
"Progress Update. Current location: Weapon X facility. Status: all opposition neutralized. Priority objective: obtained. Adamantium. Proceeding to next objective: Avengers Mansion."-Behold...The Vision!
"Analysis of Herald designation Airwalker matches that of Terrax. These beings are energy constructs, presumably created by Galactus. They are not alive."-Avengers Assemble
"Observation: That did not work so well the last time."-This Man, That Monster!

Kaijukurt

May 14, 2013
I personally found it dull, and also found out through an Avengers fansite on Angelfire that issue #12 didn't have the Loki comic during its original release, either.

Updating my list of each Avenger's first and last lines to include the last thing each one said in the comics:
Great list!

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
To Steal an Ant-Man probably because its a Heroes for Hire story and its pretty awesome. Pym starting to go off the deep end.

The sequence when Scott Lang first shrinks down was very well done.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
I actually wrote a list of my 10 favorite episodes (along with five honorable mentions) for my blog at That Guy With The Glasses. I gave second and first place to "Living Legend" and "The Ultron Imperative", respectively, giving these as explanations:

For "Living Legend":
Since I started watching this cartoon during "Some Assembly Required," "Living Legend" became the second episode I ever saw, and the one that helped me realize that Marvel Animation had something special in store. Before this episode, I only knew Captain America as a comic book legend and a symbol of a bygone era in superheroism. The show seems to reflect that here when Iron Man praises Cap as a legendary hero and an inspiration to all. However, Cap's anxiety with his having to re-emerge in a society advanced by 60+ years, with all of his friends dead to boot, helped give him more pathos than I ever expected anyone to draw from the character. He doesn't spend the entire episode moping, either; his fights with the Avengers and with Baron Zemo can prove engaging. A globular creature called "Doughboy" also serves as an enemy in this episode, and the battles with such a fluidly moving creature provide some of the best animation this show has to offer. That praise applies not only to the fighting, but also to the reactions of the heroes.

Among the things that could disappoint about this episode, the biggest one comes from the fact that Captain America spends so much time fighting the Avengers and Zemo, he only plays a small role in defeating Doughboy. The relatively high level of pathos in Cap's character also apparently resulted in his voice actor, Brian Bloom, using a voice that doesn't sound as deep as in any episode before or after this one. Those sound pretty nitpicky, though. "Living Legend" still serves as a great welcome for Captain America into a new period of superheroism.​

For "The Ultron Imperative":
I think this episode contains almost everything I could want from a Marvel story. Ultron-6 serves as a bigger threat than his predecessor, not only because he has some of Tony Stark's unsold weapons, but also because he has adapted against the Avengers who had become Ultron-5's strongest obstacles. The grieving at the beginning provides a good emotional punch, as does the inevitable return of that Avenger. Tony's efforts to deactivate Ultron's nuclear missiles provide the most tension I can recall for a season 1 episode, if not an episode from the whole show. The way the Avengers finally stop Ultron-6 feels pretty clever. This episode even has a guest appearance by my favorite villainess of this season. Finally, the ending doesn't become overly happy, as Hank Pym spends a few parts of this episode deeming himself responsible for his creation's danger.

That last point might cause some dissatisfaction, for kicking off one of this show's least satisfying subplots, but I shouldn't let tangentially related episodes spoil my enjoyment of this one. A stronger cause might arise from the fact that someone reasonably important to the Avengers makes an appearance in this episode, but doesn't make much contribution to the plot. He appears so seldom in this show, his fans might consider this episode a waste. Inversely, I stuck the word "almost" into the first sentence of the last paragraph because Captain America spends the whole episode hospitalized. I myself got too caught up in the tension of everything else to let either of these bother me. "The Ultron Imperative" ultimately delivers greatly in the departments of both excitement and emotion.
For the highest-ranked season two episode on that list, I picked "Infiltration/Secret Invasion".

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
Did someone post this already? Chris Jones has redrawn a Secret Wars cover in the style of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes:
http://blog.christopherjonesart.com/a-new-commission-earths-mightiest-heroes/
I thought it looked pretty epic, until I noticed it fell one Wasp short of having all the Avengers, and one Invisible Woman short of having all of the Fantastic Four. Yet he found room for Wonder Man and Captain Mar-Vell, who didn't appear in the episode that inspired the picture.

BigEclipse

Feb 28, 2006
New Jersey
Did someone post this already? Chris Jones has redrawn a Secret Wars cover in the style of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes:
http://blog.christopherjonesart.com/a-new-commission-earths-mightiest-heroes/
I thought it looked pretty epic, until I noticed it fell one Wasp short of having all the Avengers, and one Invisible Woman short of having all of the Fantastic Four. Yet he found room for Wonder Man and Captain Mar-Vell, who didn't appear in the episode that inspired the picture.
That's all kinds of awesome!

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
I retract my accusation of omitting Wasp. I just found her now, and didn't before because I mistook her for Yellowjacket.
So the picture falls one Yellowjacket short of including all the Avengers, but since I might consider him my least favorite member, I don't feel too upset.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I retract my accusation of omitting Wasp. I just found her now, and didn't before because I mistook her for Yellowjacket.
So the picture falls one Yellowjacket short of including all the Avengers, but since I might consider him my least favorite member, I don't feel too upset.
I'll just pretend Hank's in the Ant Man costume.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
I already wrote this on TV Tropes, but I've noticed that whenever Disney, Entertainment One, or Beyond Home Entertainment puts Hank Pym on a DVD or Blu-Ray case, they make him look like Ant-Man instead of Yellowjacket. That's the other reason I don't mind not seeing Yellowjacket in the picture.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
May 23, 2005
I already wrote this on TV Tropes, but I've noticed that whenever Disney, Entertainment One, or Beyond Home Entertainment puts Hank Pym on a DVD or Blu-Ray case, they make him look like Ant-Man instead of Yellowjacket. That's the other reason I don't mind not seeing Yellowjacket in the picture.
You do consider that this was a Commission(order by Chris Yost) where it's not something that they will use for profit but to pay homage to a classic cover from Marvel. You should count Black Widow, Sue Storm since they are not in it, probably Yost wanted some specific characters in it as we see there's Wonder Man into the mix.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
Why do you have to speak as if I wouldn't have any idea at all what "commission" means? Also, I already acknowledged Sue Storm's absence when I said the picture "fell...one Invisible Woman short of having all of the Fantastic Four," and the omission of Black Widow didn't seem worth noting because that picture has no SHIELD agents at all (except Ms. Marvel, who wasn't a full-time agent anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:

suss2it

Apr 14, 2008
Toronto
Why do you have to speak as if I wouldn't have any idea at all what "commission" means? Also, I already acknowledged Sue Storm's absence when I said the picture "fell...one Invisible Woman short of having all of the Fantastic Four," and the omission of Black Widow didn't seem worth noting because that picture has no SHIELD agents at all (except Ms. Marvel, who wasn't a full-time agent anyway).
Or even a part time agent. She was a part of SWORD tho.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

TBS has been airing a lot of "Close Enough" ads in anticipation for its HBO Max launch.

The pool is closed because of dinosaurs.
And the winner of the competition is Muppet Babies 2018, which got 2 votes. TOTS got 1 vote. Thanks to everyone who took part. The article will be up July 18.

I wanna watch some old cartoons on TV but this month they decided to remove it.
Yes I’m still here. Some mental issues but there’s stuff I’m ready for like new Mao Mao and Close Enough, the latter I waited on for 3 years.