"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
Last night, I finally managed to buy a piece of EMH merchandise that wasn't a comic book: a coffee mug. (Contrary to that website's claim that Disney no longer sells it, the Disney Store we visited had a lot of them in stock.) Did anyone else know about this? If you search the website for "sculptured mug" (without quotes), ones shaped like Captain America and the Incredible Hulk also appear, but I don't know if they have anything to do with this show.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
As much as I like the show, it had a few problems that stood out to me.

A lot of the characters seemed lacking, some are just there to be 'awesome' and serve as fanservice for long-time comic fans. In Wasp's case, she may have a pretty design and could be considered 'funny', but she's useless and could be taken out of the show completely and it would barely leave a difference. I know people will defend her by saying "she doesn't have to be a really tough fighter, but she's funny! That's all that counts right?" Yeah. She's still useless as an Avenger. It doesn't mean dookey if she has a good personality but gets knocked easily in almost every battle.
She is the cool big sister of the team. She keeps guys in the line and is the glue that holds the team together. Kinda like Xander in Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Ron Stoppable in Kim Possible. She is definitely more useful (as a team member and in terms of character dynamic) than Black Widow or Hawkeye in AA.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
As much as I like the show, it had a few problems that stood out to me.

A lot of the characters seemed lacking, some are just there to be 'awesome' and serve as fanservice for long-time comic fans. In Wasp's case, she may have a pretty design and could be considered 'funny', but she's useless and could be taken out of the show completely and it would barely leave a difference. I know people will defend her by saying "she doesn't have to be a really tough fighter, but she's funny! That's all that counts right?" Yeah. She's still useless as an Avenger. It doesn't mean dookey if she has a good personality but gets knocked easily in almost every battle.
Jan may not have been the strongest Avenger power-wise, especially compared to Ms. Marvel, but what she lacked in overall power she made up for with her personality and enthusiasm. No one on the team was as committed and happy to be a Superhero as she was, and none of the Avengers were as enthusiastic about being Superheroes as she was. She was the heart of the team, and as much as they could get angry, mean, and snide with each other, absolutely none of them disliked Janet.

Hank would have never been on the team in the first place, nor have stayed as long as he did, without her as well :).

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
In terms of power and strength, The Wasp did take out a Kree Sentry all by herself. She also defeated Whirlwind on her own.

To say she is useless as an Avenger is wrong.
The scene where she knocks out Whirldwind is my favorite Wasp scene from EMH. It's especially cool because she zaps him while talking with Pym; she doesn't even look at the poor guy as she knocks him down.

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
That's true, though the potency of her stings tend to very, sometimes their strong enough to cut through solid steel, other times bad guys don't get effected at all... but that may be because of their nigh invulnerability. Other than that, she can also be super strong and super fast, as I recall she also knocked out this one monstrous thug with a single kick. And she once grew in size and punched out Ultron.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
I'd like to bring up the part in "The Kang Dynasty" where Iron Man and Wasp had to break into Damocles, so Wasp tricked Kang's forces into creating a hole for them to fly into.

Well, I discovered something a little weird tonight: I keep my digital copies of these cartoons in my iCloud, and found out that even though "Ultron-5", "This Hostage Earth", and "The Fall of Asgard" had the minute-long intro when I ordered them, now they have recaps and the 30-second intro. To think, if I didn't have the whole show on Blu-Ray, I would have lost the original versions of those episodes...

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdaddy313

Jul 23, 2012
Wow long time this thread has being active.

4 YEARS OMG.

Anyways I was watching they show, I have a sound bar with surround sound and I noticed that the show's sound is cinematically Awsome.

I was testing AA, HAOS, MS and I noticed none of them have the same quality.

D only one very close is Ultimate Spider-Man which is by the same company Film Roman.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
After Avengers: Endgame revealed that the MCU's Captain America could never actually adjust to life in the 21st century, I think Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes undoubtedly has the best Captain America I could find outside of the comics.
Brian Bloom is the definitive Cap voice for me, bar none :).

Well, pretty much all the VA's in EMH were definitive for me ;).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
Brian Bloom is the definitive Cap voice for me, bar none :).

Well, pretty much all the VA's in EMH were definitive for me ;).
Yes. Chris Cox as Hawkeye was one that I particularly missed. They had a pretty stellar team. Eric Loomis got so much criticism for being an RDJ sound alike but even he was great. After Planet Hulk, it was surprising when Rick Wasserman was such a good Thor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Yes. Chris Cox as Hawkeye was one that I particularly missed. They had a pretty stellar team. Eric Loomis got so much criticism for being an RDJ sound alike but even he was great. After Planet Hulk, it was surprising when Rick Wasserman was such a good Thor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Out of all the Iron Man VA's they've had try to emulate RDJ, I feel like Loomis was the best, although that may have been partially because he got the best material out of all of them.

And of course James C. Mathis III was so definitive as Black Panther that they never bothered recasting him :p.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
In fairness to Loomis, while the RDjr. influence in the mannerisms is there and voice-wise he is without a doubt emulating him too, but he was clearly allowed to put his own spin to it and make the role his own. Compare his performance in Iron Man 2 video game, where he was hired to do full-on impression, to the one from AEMH and you see the difference.

bigdaddy313

Jul 23, 2012
I just thought I'll say this here but according to looper videos through Rotten Tomatoes scores, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man are 100% fresh, higher than any other Marvel series both animated and live action.

Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D 94% and Daredevil 92%, number 3 and 4 respectfully.

Respect to the animated shows we love the most huh

Awest66

Oct 31, 2019
Canada
I miss this show, It was unquestionably a high point of Marvel Animation before Jeph Loeb took over and insisted that everything be made a soulless carbon-copy of the MCU.

Reactions: bigdaddy313

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

TBS has been airing a lot of "Close Enough" ads in anticipation for its HBO Max launch.

The pool is closed because of dinosaurs.
And the winner of the competition is Muppet Babies 2018, which got 2 votes. TOTS got 1 vote. Thanks to everyone who took part. The article will be up July 18.

I wanna watch some old cartoons on TV but this month they decided to remove it.
Yes I’m still here. Some mental issues but there’s stuff I’m ready for like new Mao Mao and Close Enough, the latter I waited on for 3 years.