"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
Last night, I finally managed to buy a piece of EMH merchandise that wasn't a comic book: a coffee mug. (Contrary to that website's claim that Disney no longer sells it, the Disney Store we visited had a lot of them in stock.) Did anyone else know about this? If you search the website for "sculptured mug" (without quotes), ones shaped like Captain America and the Incredible Hulk also appear, but I don't know if they have anything to do with this show.

Freddy

Aug 1, 2012
As much as I like the show, it had a few problems that stood out to me.

A lot of the characters seemed lacking, some are just there to be 'awesome' and serve as fanservice for long-time comic fans. In Wasp's case, she may have a pretty design and could be considered 'funny', but she's useless and could be taken out of the show completely and it would barely leave a difference. I know people will defend her by saying "she doesn't have to be a really tough fighter, but she's funny! That's all that counts right?" Yeah. She's still useless as an Avenger. It doesn't mean dookey if she has a good personality but gets knocked easily in almost every battle.
She is the cool big sister of the team. She keeps guys in the line and is the glue that holds the team together. Kinda like Xander in Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Ron Stoppable in Kim Possible. She is definitely more useful (as a team member and in terms of character dynamic) than Black Widow or Hawkeye in AA.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
As much as I like the show, it had a few problems that stood out to me.

A lot of the characters seemed lacking, some are just there to be 'awesome' and serve as fanservice for long-time comic fans. In Wasp's case, she may have a pretty design and could be considered 'funny', but she's useless and could be taken out of the show completely and it would barely leave a difference. I know people will defend her by saying "she doesn't have to be a really tough fighter, but she's funny! That's all that counts right?" Yeah. She's still useless as an Avenger. It doesn't mean dookey if she has a good personality but gets knocked easily in almost every battle.
Jan may not have been the strongest Avenger power-wise, especially compared to Ms. Marvel, but what she lacked in overall power she made up for with her personality and enthusiasm. No one on the team was as committed and happy to be a Superhero as she was, and none of the Avengers were as enthusiastic about being Superheroes as she was. She was the heart of the team, and as much as they could get angry, mean, and snide with each other, absolutely none of them disliked Janet.

Hank would have never been on the team in the first place, nor have stayed as long as he did, without her as well :).

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
In terms of power and strength, The Wasp did take out a Kree Sentry all by herself. She also defeated Whirlwind on her own.

To say she is useless as an Avenger is wrong.
The scene where she knocks out Whirldwind is my favorite Wasp scene from EMH. It's especially cool because she zaps him while talking with Pym; she doesn't even look at the poor guy as she knocks him down.

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
That's true, though the potency of her stings tend to very, sometimes their strong enough to cut through solid steel, other times bad guys don't get effected at all... but that may be because of their nigh invulnerability. Other than that, she can also be super strong and super fast, as I recall she also knocked out this one monstrous thug with a single kick. And she once grew in size and punched out Ultron.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
I'd like to bring up the part in "The Kang Dynasty" where Iron Man and Wasp had to break into Damocles, so Wasp tricked Kang's forces into creating a hole for them to fly into.

Well, I discovered something a little weird tonight: I keep my digital copies of these cartoons in my iCloud, and found out that even though "Ultron-5", "This Hostage Earth", and "The Fall of Asgard" had the minute-long intro when I ordered them, now they have recaps and the 30-second intro. To think, if I didn't have the whole show on Blu-Ray, I would have lost the original versions of those episodes...

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdaddy313

Jul 23, 2012
Wow long time this thread has being active.

4 YEARS OMG.

Anyways I was watching they show, I have a sound bar with surround sound and I noticed that the show's sound is cinematically Awsome.

I was testing AA, HAOS, MS and I noticed none of them have the same quality.

D only one very close is Ultimate Spider-Man which is by the same company Film Roman.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???
Most NBCU networks will air movies with limited ads.
Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List