Powerpuff Girls Live Action CW Series In Development

RegularCapital

Staff member
Why they chose Atlanta for filming the Powerpuff live-action pilot?! Well, at least, I hope the show itself will be filmed in Canada.
If not Canada, then I can wonder. Who and why they chose the Ocean Group for dubbing the certain Powerpuff Girls anime? Is that anime the only piece of Powerpuff media not owned by Cartoon Network at all?

Tax purposes, the state of Georgia has tax relief for media productions, which is why Atlanta has turned into a second Hollywood. Same for Stranger Things, The Walking Dead, WandaVision etc. That's why they have to show the "Made in Georgia" peach in the end credits. I guess they use different locations (not overuse Vancouver etc.) in the fear of making every show look the same.

...becuase that's where Turner is located?

Turner no longer exists, it's been split-up and I don't think The CW has offices there (except for the local station), but the WarnerMedia/Studios offices (especially Cartoon Network) have probably helped them out.

J10

Turner no longer exists, it's been split-up and I don't think The CW has offices there (except for the local station), but the WarnerMedia/Studios offices (especially Cartoon Network) have probably helped them out.
He knows that Turner doesn’t exist, but he mean where the HQ was originated. Where CNN’s and Cartoon Network’s Main HQ (Headquarter) is located. It’s in Atlanta, Georgia, but has offices and HQs in other places.

Also, off-topic: India (Particularly South Asia) refuses to use WarnerMedia, nor using the new name, Warner Bros. Discovery, at all, and prefers the Turner name to be used in promos. You’ve remembered the Add-on Package promo in India, aired on WarnerMedia’s South Asian Channels. Instead of Warner, or WarnerMedia, they named it Turner for their Add-On Package.

Anyway, Back On-topic:

As for the PPG Live Action, Powerpuff, if the show brought a person, that is similar to length of Professor Utonium, where the tallness or looking thin and normal as in the cartoon, that’d be better than the one they brought to act. The actor, Donald Faison, must be replaced, or let him be portrayed as Fuzzy, the Mayor, Lenny Baxter, One of the Gangreen Characters, or Manboy, etc.

This show needs someone who has similarities to Professor Utonium. Why not having an actor from Canada or the UK, for portraying as Professor Utonium? Or why not bringing Tom Kenny and let him be portrayed as the character, and show how the professor has grown up older after the girls became taller and adult women.

In the first behind the scenes shot of this show, the pilot, I saw that Donald Faison doesn’t wear lab coats, and wears normal, unlike the character in the cartoon. Didn’t he suppose to show the lab in this live-action show before being aired?

Last edited:

glennbyrnes

According to the leaked script, Blossom is now a scienctist who assists the Professor, Bubbles is a former talk show host, but what occupation does Buttercup have?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
According to the leaked script, Blossom is now a scienctist who assists the Professor, Bubbles is a former talk show host, but what occupation does Buttercup have?
If I know Diablo Cody, former stripper. Write what you know.

I'm only partly joking. I'm frightened the idea is plausible.
You don't know Diablo Cody.

In the script, Buttercup is a firefighter. She's the only one of the girls still using her powers for protecting & serving the people, even if in secrecy.

reflection01

Blossom, commander and the leader
Bubbles, she is the joy and the laughter
Buttercup, she's the toughest fighter

Seems consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

glennbyrnes

You don't know Diablo Cody.

In the script, Buttercup is a firefighter. She's the only one of the girls still using her powers for protecting & serving the people, even if in secrecy.
That's odd. I often thought that she would be a policewoman.

Vuxovich

If that is the case, then I am going to hope the show will be filmed in Vancouver, as opposed to the Atlanta-filmed pilot.

Frontier

Staff member

Vuxovich

Chloe Bennet is no longer playing Blossom.

8/11: That's great! I hope the change is permanent.

8/12: Now... How about Jodelle Ferland as Blossom? Do you like my casting choice?

Mod Note: Double post merged. Use Edit button instead of posting twice in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

J10

Finally, Chloe left the boat. Can’t wait for Donald Faison and the others to quit the pilot show, so it won’t be rejected by The CW.

Vuxovich

Last edited:
Reactions: J10

J10

I definitely agree! And here's my dream cast!

Blossom: Jodelle Ferland
Bubbles: Taylor Louderman
Buttercup: Hannah Marks
Professor Utonium: Taron Egerton
Miss Bellum: Kerry Butler
Mojo Jojo: Ritchie Coster

What are your thoughts on each casting choice by me? Do you like these?
Despite I wanted Tom Kenny to be portrayed as the Professor, but that’ll be fine. One of the pictures for Taron in the link, he may look older in one of the pics, which is in one of the films he acted.

However, those suggestions you mentioned are perfect.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts