International Nickelodeon Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

Nick Jr. India will start 2 new shows next week, MLP Friendship is Magic and Transformers Rescue Bots Academy. The schedule has been changed a bit, Top Wing and Go Diego Go have been removed

53c25dc576f1fc589b94f47e3a32de85.jpg

Vaughn Max

Nick Jr India schedule:

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Uhh... it's really cute of you to recall nostalgic events in the history of Nickelodeon in Greece. But I wouldn't exactly call them "great"... I mean, LocalTV started airing Nickelodeon cartoons in 2010. Till then, it would just constantly show a bunch of meetings from the local government of Athens (hence its name; it was a news station).

AlbanianCNfan

Probably right, my brother had camera recordings of Local TV and Nickelodeon Greece, and even TV Cosmopolis a few weeks before their headquarters were burned in October of 2005.

Nick Mick

So, your brother's been to Greece? That's neat!

Ahh yes, TVCosmopolis... this local Greek station would also air the classic 90's Nickelodeon idents in commercial breaks.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
So, your brother's been to Greece? That's neat!

Ahh yes, TVCosmopolis... this local Greek station would also air the classic 90's Nickelodeon idents in commercial breaks.
Because of you I knew the true story of Nick Greece. The Greek kids market has always been kind of weird.

Nick Mick

Yeah.. actually TVCosmopolis wasn't technically the first channel in Greece to air a Nickelodeon block. One-two years ago, after scrutinizing to death the Wayback Machine, I found out that basically, Kontominas (the current owner of Alpha TV) bought the rights to the Nickelodeon library, so a Nick block could air on Alpha Cinema 1, one of the channels featured in Alpha Digital, a subscription cable service similar to NOVA, and related to the Alpha channel I mentioned before. The block was like the equivelant of KTV on Filmnet.

People were so confident about the success Alpha Digital would have (and that it would beat NOVA!!!), that the block spun off a channel, Alpha Kids, which was basically a Greek version of the Nickelodeon channel. SpongeBob, Rugrats, Arnold, Jimmy Neutron, Dora, CatDog, Blue's Clues, Eureeka's Castle, Ginger, Rocket Power, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Allen Strange, Noah Knows Best, Pete and Pete, Welcome Freshmen (or whatever it's called) and Clarissa would air there. Much like Fox Kids Greece, it would operate from 8am to 8pm, and similarly to Nickelodeon Greece, cartoons were dubbed and live-action shows subbed.

Needless to say, Alpha Digital backfired in A YEAR due to insanely low subscribers and high budget. Therefore, the channel shat down.

A year after Digital's closure, Nickelodeon cartoons (except strangely enough, Neutron and Arnold, which started airing way later in 2006) and sport matches from insanely popular events (NBA, FIBA, Bundesliga etc.; possibly also previously acquired for Digital) started airing on TVCosmopolis, the sister channel of Alpha (later called Channel 9). As for the live-action ones, not much is known (a user on a Greek forum recalled once watching Pete and Pete on Channel 9 in 2007). I guess due to the channel's disinterest to buy more cartoons than the ones Kontominas acquired in 2002 and the terrible financial situation it had in 2006, resulting in almost all of the channel's crew fired, the Nick block stopped in 2008.

------------------------------

BTW, just watched Rat-a-Tat on Smile TV. What's worse than a show blatantly ripping off Oggy and the Cockroaches, is a show with ultra cheap animation and ruined perspectives.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I've seen Pakdam Pakdai air on Kuwait TV 2 last year, under its export title. It even aired on TDM Canal Macau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Featured Posts