"Harley Quinn" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate the third season of Harley Quinn

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Frontier

Staff member
Melissa Rauch may be the WORST voice I have ever heard for Harley Quinn ever. Like all of her deliveries of even simply lines like "phew" felt forced and cringy. Felt like they only got her just to have a name not because of her talent. I'm certainly glade Robbie proved there is at least one lady from The Big Bang Theory who could voice HQ because it sure wasn't Rauch.

I feel it works with Tara Strong and to a lesser degree Hynden Walch is because those two are also very talented VAs know how to do a lot of voices and inflections and can also put a lot of energy and charm into their performances. Though yeah those are also for series and even movies that require a lot more energy and don't have low key moments like this show has. Like Robbie the first one I've seen even from Arlee Sorkin where the normal regular Harley voice, not Dr. Harleen Quinzel can work in just having normal conversations without coming across as obnoxious or anything so major props in that regard alone. But you don't really need those kind of roles in say the Suicide Squad DTV movies or DC Super Hero Girls show where Harley's is more on the side so can be more on point without having to carry more normal moments.

Fone Bone's point though is that with the ACTRESSES who are playing Harley the accent feels like a facade and fake when it shouldn't feel that way when we are listening to the character. And though I feel with Walch and Strong it's fine, Robbie to me yeah will never be a definite Harley Quinn because her voice can just grate on your nerves but not in a good or amusing way either. It's fine in shorter doses when surrounded by other people which is why The Suicide Squad and even Suicide Squad it wasn't that noticeable, but then you had Harley Quinn; Birds Of Prey (not going to use the super long name for that movie) that gave her a lot of narration and solo dialogue which man does not sell you on the character at all whenever she gives these long bits of narration. Which in that movie is all the time and really takes you out of it. Robbie's really good at the psychiality and look of the character but Cuoco works much more on someone you want to just listen to play the character.
I guess that gets into the question of how much Harley's voice and accent in general are an inflection and something she deliberately does and how much of it is just her naturally letting herself loose.

Because generally Harley's voice is different from Harleen Quinzel, and other adaptions have taken to the idea that her accent is more pronounced as Harley because she's not trying to appear professional or as someone other than who she really is.

Of course, accent or otherwise, I think Margot Robbie has a fantastic voice :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
HarleyQuinn.jpg

Thursday, September 8, 2022 - #35 "Climax at Jazzapajizza"
Synopsis: When an inadvertent plant zombie apocalypse breaks out in Gotham, Harley fights to save the city, while Ivy embraces her inner supervillain.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"Climax at Jazzapajizza" - Okay I gotta ask; what's with the Batfamily's obsession with wanting to kill Poison Ivy? I guess in season 2 it was "oh we're just going to put you in the Phantom Zone" but still seemed an over extreme and same here. I guess technically Ivy was fine turning everyone into Gotham into plant zombies to spread nature everywhere but... like seriously how many other criminals have committed heinous crimes even within the realms of this show and the answer wasn't "well we have to compromise our morals and kill them". I guess it's a problem that since Harley's the main character even if leaning as a hero she still has to be different from the other heroes so we have to see their way as wrong too but still feels wrong of the Bat Family who even earlier this episode praised the idea of "we decided we don't kill criminals" to go "eh have to make an exception this time around." Also though I appreciate how Ivy was reached, I do feel there should have been more of a callback element in there. You know have Ivy ask Harley why she did that and Harley go "Because you were right Ive. I'm a good person and a good person just can't let innocents suffer if they can help them out" or something like that since yeah that'd be a good callback to "The Line" episode all about the differing moralities of these characters. Eh that's all my main issues with this one more minor nitpicks as i think overall this came together really well.

First off I do appreciate that yeah we do have Ivy realizing that when she got Frank back and connected to the Green this could be her way of enacting her plan. And the element of her bonding with it though having some jokes about the kick heel was treated actually seriously of her enjoying expanding her power and talking about her disgust for people not being environmentally friendly and wanting them to pay for that. Since that is pretty classic Poison Ivy and though that was buried in a lot of this series due to Ivy's insecurities I like seeing her stripped away from them and going full control mode and still showing her value some things staying the same like Mama Macaroni's and the Jazz players (and hey that's a call back to Ivy loving the idea of Jazz fest in the first season so yeah they could of done that other callback just saying) and more obviously Harley showing she was still herself just fully embracing the plan. And other episodes this season on the Harley Ivy relationship felt pretty light weight but I appreciate this one being heavy with now Harley realizing just how sort of awful this plan is and though happy for Ivy for being so confident and in control knows what she's doing is wrong. And I appreciate too that the ending of this mirrors Batman and Harley Quinn's DTV with Harley's connection to Ivy being the thing that gets through to her to make her stop her plan but this not being played as a joke at all as here Harley actually makes a sacrifice and though there's a good bit of "well I was hoping that's how it worked but I wasn't sure" I do appreciate that being the way the day was saved. Especially with it of all things tying up the Bane runner as well and then it ending with Ivy letting out a large F bomb since you know this will still cause some issue between the couple but this climax really works in the mean time.

I also like how it was of all people King Shark to actually talk to Bruce and point out how terrible this zombie apocalypse plan went just to bring back his parents and actually getting him to talk more through his grief. Since it connects well to his own family issues and though still funny the idea of King Shark actually volunteering to kill the zombie waynes and for Bruce NOT to watch was actually a nice moment. Like if they are going to give us a more out there Batman this makes more sense and connecting it to him still feeling empty of Catwoman and the big movie about Thomas Wayne coming out worked well. And there were a lot of great bits as well; Bruce showing off the Thomas and Martha ombies to everyone "oh yeah you died when I was 8 trust me teens are the worst" when introducing them to Damian who obviously wanted nothing to do with this insanity (part of me thought it'd be funnier if he saw zombie Thomas Wayne and went "... sadly you're still my least psychotic grandfather" or something like that) and Psycho getting infected and Harley going "quick we have to stop this before it infects someone we actually care about" and her pointing out to Dick and Barbara she knows who Bruce Wayne is so for them to stop playing dumb about it, and Joker pointing out he was the reason behind last year's jazz festival being destroyed and Bane trying to talk to his psychatrist even when she was a plant zombie. I think my favorite joke though is Ivy getting the zombies to do the macerna and Frank saying she needs to get out more like something about that just tickled me quite a lot.

So yeah really solid ending I do wonder what the wrap up to all of this will be next week but honestly this story worked fairy well outside a nitpick here and there and though kind of a predictable "Harley gets Ivy to stop what she's doing" how it was laid out and presented really worked for me and elevated that moment. Do wonder if we'll get a cliffhanger next week considering we know this show's getting a season 4/back half of 3 but either way good ep. I felt She Hulk this week was funnier throughout but hey this one had the drama that worked and won't fault the ep for that.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Knowing the title in advance, it was no surprise this episode was a wrap up of the season 3 arc and even a couple others like Bane's and as Neo pointed out, it did use a lot of what was set up this season as well as utilizing stuff as far back as season 1. Yeah, it was kind of a safe ending but I suspect the bigger bombshells are being saved up for the season finale which looks to be the epilogue so to speak and deal with the fallout. I also commend the use of King Shark's arc to help Bruce Wayne with his and have a breakthrough of sorts.

I think Batgirl and Nightwing being quick to agree to kill Ivy was on one a meta jab at the notion of Batman's no-kill policy even though he's technically killed people in different mediums (i.e. letting Ra's die in Batman Begins) but also the notion that in this series Ivy was long assumed to be a supervillain whereas she was very quick to say she wasn't so she is treated as a major threat.

My favorite parts were Swamp Things 'I biffed it,' Batgirl and Nightwing playing dumb about Bruce being Batman and how to get to the Batcave (Bruce Vilanch reference was hilarious), Joker's 'my bad' and commenting on the band name, and Mama Macaroni shown to be spared as a callback to earlier this season. Small nitpicks was Clayface's sudden departure which I'm sure picks up next week (and likely spoiled by the Real Sidekicks comic much to a bigger degree than Batgirl's story did sorta spoil Jazzapijizza) and Alfred's absence.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Harley Quinn "Climax At Jazzapajizza"

I didn't love it, but I'll tell you what I liked. I liked that it poked an enormous hole in the entire conceit of Batman, (which is what I live for). But it's been 30 freaking years! Bruce should be over it by now, or at least talked to somebody about it to have properly processed it. Maybe the show is portraying Batman as secretly crazy because that's what somebody obsessing about this one thing for 30 years actually is.

Damian just doesn't give a crap about any of this, which just makes him the only incarnation of that character I don't actually loathe.

But the rest of the episode didn't impress me much. ***.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Interesting that this is the one of the very few incarnations of Batman where the batvehicles don't have lethal weapons as even anti kill Batmen like Bale had guns on their batvehicles.

Frontier

Staff member
Wow, this show is making no apologies for Bruce. "B$tch Billionaire." "White privilege." And then making him so crazy with his zombie parents (who eat his cat parents). And all of this is basically his fault and he doesn't even do much to fix anything (although Ivy was probably going to do something similar anyways...but still) :confused:.

Is no one going to question the fact that Nightwing and Batgirl seem to be working for Bruce Wayne :rolleyes:?

Wait, couldn't Clayface have just slipped out of those ropes? It doesn't seem like they were negating their powers or abilities. Or is it just that Clayface is only really competent with his powers when he's brainwashed :sweat:?

I have to admit that Harvey Guillen's Dick voice is just...not growing on me. It just feels kind of forced and whiny, although maybe that's intentional :shrug:.

Didn't King Shark eat Billy Bob Thornton's body? How could he become a zombie? Unless Clayface was worried about zombies popping out of King Shark's excrement :ack:.

Pamela finally embraces her inner Supervillain and finally truly becomes Poison Ivy, complete with a more comic-accurate costume and kitten heels! I really hope she doesn't just go back to the leather jacket and green pants after this :evil:.

I know the show is a comedy and it leans so much on Lake Bell's deadpan and irreverent delivery, but I feel like the goofy moments with Ivy in this episode kind of took away from the gravitas of what she was doing and how threatening she was :sad:.

Harley disappointed the Batwing doesn't have actual weapons she can use to kill stuff...is this meant to develop Harley beyond her usual "violence and killing solves everything methodology" :oops:?

Heroes in this universe seem pro-no killing but also always jump to the Nuclear Option a lot :quinn:.

I see Harley takes candid pics of her girlfriend outside the shower ;).

Was Harley so focused on making Ivy happy that she never thought of the human cost to her plan? Yeah, that sounds about right for Harley :rolleyes2:.

It's kind of funny that Harley seemed so determined to help Bruce get over his many years of mental trauma, but a pep talk from King Shark, of all characters, is what it takes for it to finally sink in. Can we finally be done with insecure and crazy manchild Bruce :sweat:?

So...no police response to Ivy's attack or the zombies? Because Joker disbanded the police? I feel like there should be more fallout from that, but it feels like all these different plotlines are happening so separately from each other that characters never really react to or do anything about them :(.

Bane finally comes full circle and forgives Harley after she saves him (unintentionally, but he doesn't know that) :proud:.

I have to admit, Harley turning into a tree was suitably horrifying :eek:.

I honestly thought they'd spend longer on the Ivy plant apocalypse and her going full Supervillain, but true love prevails and Ivy won't risk Harley. So I guess the finale is going to be more of a denoument than an epic climax, which I guess fits this season. We know Harley and Ivy aren't going to break up, so I guess it's a matter of them processing Harley screwing up Ivy's plan and the different directions both ladies seem to be heading towards :knd1:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is no one going to question the fact that Nightwing and Batgirl seem to be working for Bruce Wayne :rolleyes:?
Last episode it was assumed Bruce had them and Robin on his payroll, hence why they came to the penthouse to rescue him.

Didn't King Shark eat Billy Bob Thornton's body? How could he become a zombie? Unless Clayface was worried about zombies popping out of King Shark's excrement :ack:.
I thought Clayface was alluding to Billy Bob, too, at first but idk, seems to be someone else and we'll find out next week. Might even finally get some decent back story on him.

So...no police response to Ivy's attack or the zombies? Because Joker disbanded the police? I feel like there should be more fallout from that, but it feels like all these different plotlines are happening so separately from each other that characters never really react to or do anything about them :(.
Also what his stance on letting the Bat Family operate in Gotham is, lol. It would be funny if he disbanded the police because he knows that the Bat Family was always more competent anyway.

Frontier

Staff member
Last episode it was assumed Bruce had them and Robin on his payroll, hence why they came to the penthouse to rescue him.
In before someone says they only protect rich people :rolleyes:.
I thought Clayface was alluding to Billy Bob, too, at first but idk, seems to be someone else and we'll find out next week. Might even finally get some decent back story on him.
Honestly at this point I've about given up on them giving him backstory and confirming which Clayface he actually is :sweat:.
Also what his stance on letting the Bat Family operate in Gotham is, lol. It would be funny if he disbanded the police because he knows that the Bat Family was always more competent anyway.
Okay, that would be extremely on-point :p.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I've been liking the last two episodes, but I admittedly not interested in the story of Harley's turn to heroism. While I like the irony of Harley and Ivy seemingly going on completely different paths than the ones they were at the start of the series, I also enjoyed that the protagonists were villains and didn't try to redeem them or make them heroic so they'd be appealing to the audience. So, even if this isn't the worst attempt at redeeming Harley (Hi, Injustice!), it's still somewhat of a disappointment.

Also, I think Ivy's rampage through Gotham could've used an additional episode or so. I just felt the conflict introduced between Ivy and Harley came and went way too fast and I didn't feel like the plant zombie threat was a big as Joker's take-over in season 1 or Dr. Psycho's tantrum in season 2. There's a clear direction to Harley and Ivy's character arcs, but it took too long to get there.

That being said, I did like Harley bonding with little Bruce in the last episode. It actually felt natural. And I laughed at Bane's sudden resolution to his "arc".

Frontier

Staff member
I've been liking the last two episodes, but I admittedly not interested in the story of Harley's turn to heroism. While I like the irony of Harley and Ivy seemingly going on completely different paths than the ones they were at the start of the series, I also enjoyed that the protagonists were villains and didn't try to redeem them or make them heroic so they'd be appealing to the audience. So, even if this isn't the worst attempt at redeeming Harley (Hi, Injustice!), it's still somewhat of a disappointment.

Also, I think Ivy's rampage through Gotham could've used an additional episode or so. I just felt the conflict introduced between Ivy and Harley came and went way too fast and I didn't feel like the plant zombie threat was a big as Joker's take-over in season 1 or Dr. Psycho's tantrum in season 2. There's a clear direction to Harley and Ivy's character arcs, but it took too long to get there.

That being said, I did like Harley bonding with little Bruce in the last episode. It actually felt natural. And I laughed at Bane's sudden resolution to his "arc".
It just feels weird to me because it feels like so much of Harley's character journey has been becoming her own kind of villain, with the pre-requisite violence and murder that entails, only to suddenly pivot and try to portray her as being...not that bad at all?

I mean, admittedly some of that was her just jumping from one thing to another to try and prove herself and find something fulfilling, but the show always made it seem like villainous stuff and what that entails was the best outlet for her violent impulses. Can she still get that same buzz from being a hero? Who knows.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think it's fair to blame it on the 10 episode count this season. I also think it took a bit too long for the season to get into gear but on the other hand it needed that time to do so because of the storyline. Idk. Had it been 11 to 13 epsiodes, I agree the zombie apocalypse would have played out better over multiple episodes. Essentially, they could have stretched it to the city being under siege for a day or two between Ivy leaving the manor and Harley convincing Ivy to undo everything.

Frontier

Staff member
I think it's fair to blame it on the 10 episode count this season. I also think it took a bit too long for the season to get into gear but on the other hand it needed that time to do so because of the storyline. Idk. Had it been 11 to 13 epsiodes, I agree the zombie apocalypse would have played out better over multiple episodes. Essentially, they could have stretched it to the city being under siege for a day or two between Ivy leaving the manor and Harley convincing Ivy to undo everything.
And you could also build up Harley's dynamic with the Batfamily which seems to be a thing they are doing now :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Frontier said:
I mean, admittedly some of that was her just jumping from one thing to another to try and prove herself and find something fulfilling, but the show always made it seem like villainous stuff and what that entails was the best outlet for her violent impulses. Can she still get that same buzz from being a hero? Who knows.
Yeah, it will be weird to see Harley trying to adhere to a no-kill rule but then again she can toss Nightwing and Batgirl's justification from this week's episode in their face whenever she offs a villain like she did Mad Hatter.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
HarleyQuinn.jpg

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - #36 "The Horse And The Sparrow" (Season Finale)
Synopsis: After her terraforming plan goes awry, Ivy is enticed by an offer to take over the Legion of Doom, while Harley questions her path forward.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
"The Horse And The Sparrow" - You know I actually do have to appreciate that this series actually is willing to not only mess with general status quo and shake ups, but actually stick to their guns and not actually just have the characters slide back even if it's to what we more know them as. They are not only committing to Joker as someone who earnestly did reform but actually not only is the mayor but is an actually stable one doing good for the community. And for having come up with the whole zombie plan/admitting to not actually paying taxes (which yeah I thought was kind of just a joke in the previous episode but nope is a thing) this show is actually having Bruce Wayne sent to prison and actually stay in jail to do his time. Which... okay I'm not a comics expert but was that ever a thing in the books? Bruce Wayne actually having a legit reason to be sent to jail and actually fully wanting to serve out his sentence? Cause that feels like an idea someone thought of but I don't think DC would ever publish so props on this show for doing. And you know I do appreciate them actually acknowledging this as part of Bruce's arc and showing him actually mature some. I do feel again Dedirch Bader can't really sell the comedy they go with for this Bruce Wayne (such as him not taking Alfred for instance) but I think he sells the earnestly well. And though there were a few too many "oh we're having these characters stop and apparently chat to one another that no one else can hear despite there being people around" I do appreciate them being serious on Bruce wanting to confront himself and move past his issues as well as actually being fine knowing The Bat Family can handle things without him. Like that was a thing we saw in the last season learning he can't solve all of Gotham's issues but actually realizing the others can fully do things without him does feel like a good development for the character and I appreciate seeing it in action. Does feel weird how silent now they have Damian Wayne through this (what can the team literally only get Jacob Tremblay in one episode per season) but again I do appreciate them committing to this idea.

And honestly I also like how this handled the whole "Harley for the first time actually seeing herself as a hero" storyline that's been building throughout well... the series. Like the end of the second season had her confirm she can't be her own super villain but I do like how this one confirmed though she wants to be supportive she doesn't even identify herself really as a villain anymore. Like the team admitted they didn't want to do a "coming out as a queer" story for Harley and Ivy but I think they liked the idea especially in the finale of "well how about coming out as a hero when you identified as a villain and really pushing that metaphor down" and you know with this take on the character I feel that works. I also like how they aren't just altering ivy's character for this either. Since Poison Ivy probably still obviously has her own wants and ideals and I appreciate Ivy pointing out she isn't going to get in the way of Ivy's growth. Like I said last week and I'll say this week would have been stronger if Ivy pointed out "even when you said you were hard core a villain I knew you were a good person and if to you that means being a hero I'm fine with that" but again the sediment was there and honestly it does show the stability of the relationship if the two have differing idelogies but still come together based on their connection. Like the comics I know couldn't do that and had Ivy want to be more of a villain just to have drama with her and Harley but I appreciate this being more mature and it even ending with Harley identifying as a member of the Bat Family which hey also happened in the comics so I'm fine with it happening here.

I admit this one didn't have the most laughs. There were some like "previously on" and now still being Ivy screaming out a curse word, Frank being treated like a baby with Ivy in that chair, Luthor appeaing on those monitors and offering Ivy the job and one of her stipulations being total control and not having to babysit Bane, Clayface admitting to King Shark that all actors are vein and him fighting for his long monologue and even appearing as himself and people just thinking Billy Bob is a shape shifter, The joker actually bonding with Ivy over Harley and all the things she used to do while dating (heh technically I don't think Ivy had a bat when her and Joker were dating but semantics), and the other Bat family having grappling hooks at the end while Ivy had to take the stairs. So a few jokes but yeah not the funniest of this season and yeah no major action either as yeah this was more low key about relationships and talking things through without any action but again do appreciate this show willing to fully shake things up and not confront to a general status quo. I guess the ending also isn't cliffhangery as I thought it might be; granted there are points another season can certainly pick up on but it also feels "well if we ended things here we're fine with that" though yeah now that we are getting a season 4 bring on Bruce Wayne dealing with being in prison for failing to pay his taxes and Bat Family Harley Quinn.

Overall I guess the season didn't have some of the big action beats the first two seasons did and yeah not every episode was a winner but there were still a lot of good episodes and again a lot of evolution and new dynamics that makes this really stand out as a series so massive props on the team for pulling all that off.

Spider-Man

Overall a good finale which I think actually strengthens the season overall. I'm hoping we see season four pretty soon. My only gripe is that nearly all the surprises in this episode were ruined by the solicits for the next Harley Quinn TAS comic. Really wish they handled that all better but granted the comic audience is likely a lot smaller than the viewing audience so likely not too many of us had this ruined.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think there was plenty humor starting with it continuing right after last week and Harley immediately knowing she was going to Mor-4-Lex, which we saw earlier this season with Bane having his card declined. And Ivy knowing she wants 3 ply, Batgirl suggesting canned cider, the tow truck driver not really being sexist, Frank being offended by the pot suggestions, the 3 random people complimenting Ivy, the old man being slapped, how Lex can hack into the TVs, how Lex swoons on Lexie, refusing to say Jazzapajizza, soiling his briefs, the guy missing the game, Ivy saying 'obscene' amount of money, Ivy not wanting Bane/transfer to Tempe, Bruce snubbing Alfred, saying he'll dress himself, the Hard Wayne promotion, all thespians are vain, the Angelina ask, an appetizer got in my eye, Joker questioning his seating, Harley hating the 2 and a half hour runtime, Joker deducing Ivy was going to explain her supervillain plan, knots, the giant cardboard box, being mean to Bane, comparing Wayne murders to the Titanic, Frank asking if Martha had a line yet, the monologue, zoom session offer, and Harl having to take the stairs.

Only concerning thing is Lex finally got he wanted since season 1, Ivy in the Legion of Doom. He just had to make her the leader. While it sounds like just a simple business decision to keep a threat pacified in his pocket, can't help but be worried Ivy's season 4 arc will be her getting a little corrupted by this arrangement.

On the fence about them finally focusing on Clayface, great but all at once and ending on a bummer. The story in the Real Sidekicks special makes more sense now. And while he wasn't needed, still felt weird Jim Gordon had no presence in the last 2 episodes this season.

Liked they're continuing with Joker's initiatives and they're actually... good for the people. And it was just half a percent, lol. It was interesting to see Joker of all people make Ivy see things how they are. And busting Bruce for tax evasion. On one hand, eye roll for the show once again sidelining Batman but on the other hand, what irony that the manipulation of his records are probably money he used to fund Batman stuff, Joker finally won in a way, could be interesting to see Batgirl in charge of the Bat Family

It was nice to have a 'conclusion' between Bruce and Selina. And a bit of a surprise, Selina was genuinely nice for once and actually does care about Bruce being happy. And the subtext that she wore the tiara he bought her and imagining the pearls on her (though she stole it but then slipped it into his pocket). Also good to have the scene with Batman and Harley and even Batman sees she's not a villain anymore.

Some asides - nice to see Nora stuck with Swamp Thing. Cool surprise to see in the credits that the Joe Chill, Martha, and Bruce actors were DC characters Daniel Cassidy (aka Blue Devil), Rita Farr, and Garfield Logan. And Jonathan Lord was the editor, heh.

Glad it ended on the relationship lesson that they admit they have different interests and don't need to immerse in each other's evil plans. Ivy becoming a supervillain and Harley becoming an anti-hero BUT still in love with each other, that part hadn't changed.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
As much as I don't really like making Harley into an anti-hero, I do admit this season finale more or less sold me on it. Not so much that I like the idea, but I do like that it didn't back down from having Ivy enjoying being a villain and a leader of the Legion of Doom, so I'm essentially getting what I asked for anyway. The conflicting careers could make for an interesting dynamic next season. Definitely better than the comics getting Harley and Ivy together and splitting them up yet again for the 100th time.

The Clayface plot ended on a surprisingly dour note and his fate in the Read Sidekicks of Gotham has more context, even though he still felt more OOC there. And I wonder if Joker knew it was really him and wanted to mess with him or if he really did think Billy Bob Thornton was a shapeshifter.

Speaking of Joker, I guess I can finally see more of the influence of Batman: White Knight here by having Bruce arrested for tax evasion. I don't think it was necessary to make room for Harley, but okay. Joker still gets one over Batman and gets to be a bit manipulative to save his own skin, even if he did impart a good lesson for Harley and Ivy's relationship.

My one big complaint is the animation quality. It looked very choppy, especially the first half or so of the episode.

-batmat-

Okay-ish season. Not a fan of how they treated some characters this season, specially Bruce. Not sure what was the whole point of the Thomas Wayne movie with Clayface? I'm guessing its an arc that's not finished yet. And I'm not crazy about Harley becoming a hero. A big part of what made this show fun was that she was a villain. Guess we gotta wait and see how this works for her.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel

Featured Posts