Did Porky 101 Sell Well Enough to Get More Classic Cartoon DVDs?

DetectiveFork

Has anyone revealed if WB sold enough copies of Porky 101 to greenlight more classic releases? After hearing that classic animation on DVD was dead, Poky 101 was a nice surprise and I hope we get more. I'd certainly love to be able to get all the unreleased Bugs and Daffy cartoons on disc, for example.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
I wanted to buy the DVD and I might get it on Monday or Tuesday, which I'm excited about. I would love to see a Daffy Duck 101.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I would also like Daffy 101. There are exactly 101 Daffy shorts from the Golden age (1937-1965) if you exclude the rather boring Speedy Gonzales shorts.

Last edited:

DetectiveFork

I had no idea Daffy had exactly 101 classic shorts! That's serendipity, WB!

I certainly don't mind buying a lot of double-dipped cartoons if they release all the others we don't have with them.

Fizzles, I'm really happy with Porky 101. Sure, there are some glitches, but nothing that really bothers me. It's just great to have all of those cartoons, in good condition, in one place, and be able watch them in sequential order. I adore the Golden Collections, but I hope we can get some more comprehensive releases like Porky 101 out of WB before they give up these projects altogether.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Has anyone revealed if WB sold enough copies of Porky 101 to greenlight more classic releases? After hearing that classic animation on DVD was dead, Poky 101 was a nice surprise and I hope we get more. I'd certainly love to be able to get all the unreleased Bugs and Daffy cartoons on disc, for example.
They haven't released sales figures for obvious reasons, but Jerry Beck revealed on the latest Stu's Show that, yes, Porky Pig 101 finally got enough sales to reach the threshold that WB needed to justify more releases. No further Warner Archive cartoon releases have been announced yet, though.

DetectiveFork

That's awesome news!!!! It's nice to have some hope for future releases. A new classic cartoon DVD make me ridiculously happy. lol

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.
I recently decided that I will be covering a really bad children's cartoon that's been on my radar for a while over on my blog. I can't really talk about it on here because of this show's nature, but I'm bored enough and I think someone needs to analyze the show I'm talking about and yank it apart.
Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.
Can one of the moderators here update the media embedding tool, so X can be one of the approved websites?
Well, Disney's Primos has apparently been delayed again with no announced release date, and of course the YT trolls are talking victory laps. I hope the show hasn't been permanently shelved; I don't want the haters to win.

Featured Posts