Did Porky 101 Sell Well Enough to Get More Classic Cartoon DVDs?

DetectiveFork

Has anyone revealed if WB sold enough copies of Porky 101 to greenlight more classic releases? After hearing that classic animation on DVD was dead, Poky 101 was a nice surprise and I hope we get more. I'd certainly love to be able to get all the unreleased Bugs and Daffy cartoons on disc, for example.

chocolate

Mentally Still in 2016
I wanted to buy the DVD and I might get it on Monday or Tuesday, which I'm excited about. I would love to see a Daffy Duck 101.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I would also like Daffy 101. There are exactly 101 Daffy shorts from the Golden age (1937-1965) if you exclude the rather boring Speedy Gonzales shorts.

Last edited:

DetectiveFork

I had no idea Daffy had exactly 101 classic shorts! That's serendipity, WB!

I certainly don't mind buying a lot of double-dipped cartoons if they release all the others we don't have with them.

Fizzles, I'm really happy with Porky 101. Sure, there are some glitches, but nothing that really bothers me. It's just great to have all of those cartoons, in good condition, in one place, and be able watch them in sequential order. I adore the Golden Collections, but I hope we can get some more comprehensive releases like Porky 101 out of WB before they give up these projects altogether.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Has anyone revealed if WB sold enough copies of Porky 101 to greenlight more classic releases? After hearing that classic animation on DVD was dead, Poky 101 was a nice surprise and I hope we get more. I'd certainly love to be able to get all the unreleased Bugs and Daffy cartoons on disc, for example.
They haven't released sales figures for obvious reasons, but Jerry Beck revealed on the latest Stu's Show that, yes, Porky Pig 101 finally got enough sales to reach the threshold that WB needed to justify more releases. No further Warner Archive cartoon releases have been announced yet, though.

DetectiveFork

That's awesome news!!!! It's nice to have some hope for future releases. A new classic cartoon DVD make me ridiculously happy. lol

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts