C&C - Lycoris Recoil Talkback [1/20-4/13]

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
bittersweet episode. just 2 months for the girl who always lived on borrowed time. damn. so you don't achieve your grand purpose, it's cruel punishment for you.

Chisato shooting at the goobers in the yellow Porsche :D

She was eavesdropping, too. lmao.

I want Chisato to survive but I suspect Yoshi already has an upgrade - that briefcase - but to get it, Chisato has to start killing but she won't do that.

Not feeling too bad Majima found Yoshi.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
LycorisRecoiltitle.jpg

Episode 10 "Repay evil with evil" - March 23/24, 2024 (Original release: September 3, 2022)
Chisato breaks the news that she will shut down Café LycoReco so that Mizuki and Kurumi do not get caught up in her personal affairs. Around the same time, Takina, who returned to DA, uses Majima as a stepping-stone to track down Yoshimatsu in order to save Chisato’s life. They finally captures Majima’s client and infiltrates their hideout…!?

Nobodyman

Previously on Lycoris Recoil: "Oh, by the way, I'm dying, so...that's a thing."

Well...that was a rather drastic response.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: At least they didn't go full-on SAO and give her AIDS.

Human experimentation on orphans. Sounds perfectly ethical.

We're going out of business! Tee hee!

Nobodyman

Repay evil with evil. I believe that was the general premise of the Code of Hammurabi.

So many teenage girls to kill, so little time.

"You really are a disgusting slime bag."
Takes one to know one.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Send your partner back to school, your prepubescent hacker back into hiding, and the desperate single lady to her boyfriend in Canada.

If Mario were here, he'd be appalled.

"Man, you really are one disgusting slime bag."
Said the grown man who's obsessed with a high school girl.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
There have been worse places for a girl to work. A late 90s-mid-2000s Nickelodeon tweencom, for instance.

I hope you all brought a sack lunch to this raid.

This is heading into My Hero Academia season six territory here.

Where am I gonna get my poop parfaits now?

Last edited:

Nobodyman

"How can you shut down?! Somebody had better be dying!"

Coming of age? She's having a bat mitzvah?

Why do people assume robots will have air horns on the sides of their heads?

Well, this puts a damper on the ceremony.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Praise our cute green dinosaur savior!

I don't think we need more terrorism.

YOU get a gun! And YOU get a gun! Everyone, look under your seats!

Nobodyman

So...he hands out free guns and people are just going to arbitrarily start shooting each other? As villainous master plans go, this is pretty dumb.

Huh. I'm listening to this through head phones and it's pretty cool that one telephone projects from the right and the other from the left.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, I was a smidge thinking is this show trying to make us think Majima is kinda-right here about how wrong it is with Lycoris being above the law BUT then he revealed he was handing out guns to everyone.

Kudos to how well fleshed out a character Mika is.

Even after that truth bomb, Chisato is still one of the most loveable characters ever. Still hopeful and cheery. I can't accept the possibility she's going to die at the end of the show. Nor do I want to end with Takina dying but secretly having a last will and testament to have her heart donated to Chisato. Walnut and Mizuki are really going to find the original researcher who made an artificial heart that Alan Institute later made for Chisato. Who am I kidding, it's going to be a bittersweet ending.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
LycorisRecoiltitle.jpg

Episode 11 "Diamond cut diamond" - March 30/31, 2024 (Original release: September 10, 2022)
The Lycoris of DA stormed the Enkuboku to stop Majima. Just before the operation, Takina rushes to Café LycoReco when Kusunoki informs her that they cannot get in contact with Chisato. However, after receiving threats from Robota, Chisato and Mika set out to rescue Yoshimatsu, who is being held hostage...

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: I think they got the Cowboy Bebop movie backwards.

"Now I'm not going to lie, we ARE going to lose a few of you. But you're all orphans, so you won't be missed."

Orphanages? Foster care? Nahh, let's give them guns and throw them into dangerous situations.

"Blending in" meaning she took up residence in a closet avoiding people

Nobodyman

Aww. This is just like when Ed said goodbye to the Bebop crew.

Economy class?! Of all the nerve!

"Which of these are closest to Chisato's heart?"
Literally or figuratively?

Japanese planes get partitioned seats? Lucky!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Is this plane a netcafe?

Let's see CSI: Miami do THIS.

"Now I have to call my boyfriend in Vancouver--"
I'M SINGLE AND CAN'T FIND A HUSBAND!

"Farewell, my hunky darling!"
Who doesn't exist.

Starting to think an actual SWAT team would be preferable to a gang of prepubescent children with guns.

Nobodyman

Would it kill you to use your legs, Walnut?

"Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice we are willing to make."

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My reaction that TeenNick is airing The Tiny Chef Show:
Hey, Multiversus: Enough of the freaking villains already. Give us Daffy Duck!
Of all of Cartoon Network's detractors, no one hates Cartoon Network more than Warner Bros Discovery.
Does anyone else think that Doug Walker has just been phoning it in with the Nostalgia Critic episodes lately? Maybe he doesn't need to be doing a new episode of NC every week anymore. I think that Doug should cut NC down to just 1 episode per month or something similar.
Action! wrote on Dr.Pepper's profile.
Congrats on being promoted!

Featured Posts