Vote for shows to air on Teletoon!

Pepperidge

I probably should have pointed this out as soon as I found it.

On Teletoon's website, there is an option to "Suggest a Show" which allows you to submit various titles you would like to see. You can enter as many suggestions as you want as many times as you want. The only problem is that in order to access this feature, you have to navigate through a brain-dead "interactive world" on their website. (Though I have been assured that the Flash site will soon offer the option to access the feature straight from the index page without having to play the game.) So you don't have to go through the pain of searching yourself, here's how to find it:

Enter the Flash version of their website, and log-in as a guest. Click on the map option on the left-hand side of the screen, and click on "Lambart Street", which is just north of the area you're currently located in. Navigate your character into the post office building, and you should find the "Suggest a Show" feature right inside.

Whether you like it or not, I would highly recommend voting for Cowboy Bebop.

Thanks Pepperidge!!!!

I'm not really a fan of Cowboy Bebop i don't like anime too much.

I really want to Teletoon to show REAL GHOSTBUSTERS again.

Also

Toxic Crusaders

Mighty Max

Spider-Man (90s Version)

Big Guy & Rusty the Boy Robot

Pepperidge

Well, the point in my bringing this up wasn't to get old shows on to air. It was to get shows that have NEVER aired on Canadian airwaves on teleivision. Whlie I namely meant anime, it could also be said for shows like Invader Zim which we've never seen.

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
HOLY FRICK!

Now, if only Cartoon Network would do something like this...

Dee

What?
It would be nifty to have a channel that would do this... I only now have Cartoon network.

I'll be happy if Teletoon brings back Real Ghostbusters. I really miss that show not being on. Ghostbusters is one of my favourite cartoons.

I don't watch Teletoon much since they got rid of Kong, Archie's Weird Mysteries, Tales from the Cryptkeeper and The Tick. I really like the new show Silverwing though it ROCKS.

Pepperidge

I try and avoid shows created specifically for Canadian broadcast (because I have yet to see one that isn't crap apart from ReBoot), but Silverwing is tempting with it's widescreeny goodness.

Oh, and even though they do let you suggest shows, you don't want Teletoon. Trust me, you don't. Love your Cartoon Network. Never take it for granted.

Graymonk

Recovering Lurker
Pepperidge said:
I try and avoid shows created specifically for Canadian broadcast (because I have yet to see one that isn't crap apart from ReBoot), but Silverwing is tempting with it's widescreeny goodness.

You should definetly check it out. It's tied with Inu-Yasha for my favorite new series of the season. It's got some interesting chracter designs, a good voice cast, cool premise, interesting ongoing storyline, manages to integrate cgi into a traditionally animated show without one detracting form the other and the flashback scene in the first episode is fantastic. Easily the best series Teletoon has funded since Undergrads.

Pepperidge

And look what happened to Undergrads. :p

Of course, the difference here is that while Undergrads was made for MTV and Teletoon, Silverwing was made only for Teletoon. What animation company in the right mind would make something specifically for that station? It boggles the mind.

Teletoon is a good channel. I Don't know why you bash it all the time. I'm Sorry We Don't Have Cartoon Network and we don't have some Anime shows. I really Am and it sucks Canada dosen't have Cartoon Network. But thats no reason to go wall Wall Ball on it. Its had some great shows on Real Ghostbusters, Kong, Archie's Weird Mysteries, X-Men, The Tick, Tales from the Cryptkeeper, Spawn, Duckman, Red Beard & Silverwing. There are others as well.

Teletoon is a good channel and i'm glad we have it.

Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Dressing for success?
I must say that for all the frustrations Teletoon has provided us, they have had some good shows. They're not my favorite network, but I'll never bash them mercilessly, either. I was very pleased that they ran The Tick and 2 Stupid Dogs, for example. I know they're not showing things that a lot of us want to see, but there have been some flashes of hope. I also get the feeling that even if they did get a ton of anime and such at some point, people like Pepperidge would still say "ok, they have that, but they still don't have this and this and this..." ;) We shouldn't place so much blame on Teletoon; the CRTC are the ones that pull the strings. Teletoon just has to go along with it, unfortunately. However, maybe this poll thing is the start of them realizing that they can do better and that people are "meh" about their current programming.

I must say that I also agree with Pepperidge that for those of you who have Cartoon Network; cherish it! You've been seeing the shows we want for years and years. This voting thing at Teletoon will basically already tell them what they already know; we want more American and Japanese shows. And the vast majority of the titles suggested will never be purchased, due to factors such as cost, the Canadian content issues, marketing and legal issues, etc...

Hatter

Yeah, I can concur with Batmanuel and Pepperidge.

I'm voting for Bebop, although I'd also like to see Big O and Trigun air.
Seeing Cybersix return wouldn't be too bad, as well.

PS: Hey, the Totally Spies hang out on Lambart Street... cool.

Pepperidge

Hatter, vote for ALL of the shows you want to see. ^_-

And Batmaneul, keep in mind that Teletoon isn't restricted from showing ANY foreign content. Even though they have to show the majority between 8 and 12 (which they're trying to change), there's room for at least two-and-a-half hours of foreign shows. Keep in mind that Teletoon Unleashed used to be half American content.

The most ideal solution would be for Teletoon to show a different anime every night in the same time slot with a new episode every week. That way, we get the shows, Teletoon can still get their Canadian content in, and there will be less reruns than CN's retarded method of rerunning a series constantly every night of the week.

I mean, they show Harvey Birdman once a week, don't they? In a timeslot that's incredibly hard to find. :rolleyes:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My reaction that TeenNick is airing The Tiny Chef Show:
Hey, Multiversus: Enough of the freaking villains already. Give us Daffy Duck!
Of all of Cartoon Network's detractors, no one hates Cartoon Network more than Warner Bros Discovery.
Does anyone else think that Doug Walker has just been phoning it in with the Nostalgia Critic episodes lately? Maybe he doesn't need to be doing a new episode of NC every week anymore. I think that Doug should cut NC down to just 1 episode per month or something similar.
Action! wrote on Dr.Pepper's profile.
Congrats on being promoted!

Featured Posts