Upcoming Nick Programming Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoster1987

howdy
@Ghoster1987 Meet the Voxels is one. It's currently being developed using a game engine.

i meant like greenlit into series. I'm just hoping maybe something is being made but the artists or animators can't say anything yet due to NDA's

It's like they are becoming the new WB animation where they are just going to rely on old or licensed IP shows. If that's the case that's a big spit to the face on why Nicktoons where created.

Last edited:

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
It may be a bit too early for Counting Stars. If that was the pilot being filmed, it's probably still in the production stages.

kanc

^Why not?
Because I can see based on posts most people on toonzone forums are against the Henry Danger spinoff.. they wanted more original IP Nick cartoons. I think the spinoff shows might not do well and later could get canned and might not have closure.

Let's not forget: Henry Danger has already had animated cartoon: The Adventures of Kid Danger which unfortunately was a one hit wonder season back in early 2018, not due to ratings, but due to production issues.

The next Henry Danger spinoff: Danger Force (live action), most people are reacting badly and complaining and being judgmental about it, instead of really watching how it looks. Some people are giving their opinions.

Mandouga

Power Rangers season 28 will be based on the dino-themed Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger. It's set to premiere in 2021.

Unfortunately, by the time it premieres, we'll still be two years behind*. Also, because of this, I think we may have to forget about ToQger, Zyuohger, Kyuranger, and Lupinranger vs. Patranger ever being adapted, because Hasbro would likely want to catch up to the Japanese franchise as soon as possible. Of course, anything can happen, but still.

*Originally, Power Rangers seasons until Samurai were adaptations of the previous year's Super Sentai series. The premiere of the "reversioning" of the first Power Rangers season put an end to that. Gokaiger was airing by the time Samurai premiered, with Goseiger as the the Super Sentai series from the previous year.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nickelodeon has today announced the greenlight of two new shows:

Nickelodeon, TIME and TIME For Kids are joining forces for the first-ever Kid of the Year honor, a year-long multiplatform initiative that will include a TV special simulcast on Nick and the CBS Television Network, and hosted by Trevor Noah. The December hour-long special will recognize five extraordinary young leaders who are making a positive impact in their communities and name TIME Kid of the Year, who will also be featured in companion stories in TIME and TIME For Kids.

Side Hustle is a brand-new live-action buddy comedy starring social media sensations and real-life best friends, Annie LeBlanc and Jayden Bartels. The multi-camera series centers on best friends, Lex (LeBlanc) and Presley (Bartels), who have to create a business fast after inadvertently destroying their neighbor’s car. Created and executive produced by Dave Malkoff (Henry Danger, Sam & Cat, Victorious) and shot in front of a live studio audience, Side Hustle (13 half-hour episodes) will begin production in Los Angeles this March and premiere later this year on Nickelodeon.

Update - Baby Shark will premiere in 2021.

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Unfortunately, by the time it premieres, we'll still be two years behind. Also, because of this, I think we may have to forget about ToQger, Zyuohger, Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs. Patranger ever being adapted, because Hasbro would likely want to catch up to the Japanese franchise as soon as possible. Of course, anything can happen but still.
Well, the current contract for Nick is for three years than two, so it may be possible that the Ryusoulger adaptation could be for next year only, though only time will tell.

kanc

Because Nick is ordering more live action, Nick may need to rethink of gaining Sat 9PM back instead of Nick@NIte, which N@N only has 4 shows that takes up space.

Magitroopa

Because Nick is ordering more live action, Nick may need to rethink of gaining Sat 9PM back instead of Nick@NIte, which N@N only has 4 shows that takes up space.
It's been during the Nick at Nite time, but episodes of The Substitute have been at 9pm. New All That this Saturday is at 9pm (due to Young Dylan), and The Substitute continues to be on Saturdays at 9pm throughout March.

kanc

It's been during the Nick at Nite time, but episodes of The Substitute have been at 9pm. New All That this Saturday is at 9pm (due to Young Dylan), and The Substitute continues to be on Saturdays at 9pm throughout March.
I know that. I meant N@N never should have gained Sat 9PM (they've started it fall 2017 brought back, first since 1992), and even in 2018 there, new episodes of Sat night premieres aired at 9PM, they've done with Star Falls, Knight Squad, one time Dude Perfect, as well as few other Nick shows aired at 9PM slot...

Ratings will still be credited/labeled as Nick@Nite even though the logo displays as "Nick", except Dude Perfect which only displayed "nick@nite".

But even if it's too late, they might not reverse it back to the way it was before, and still could be credited as nick@nite slot especially if new episodes of Nick airs Sat 9PM.

kanc

It looks like that JoJo Siwa movie project is in the works.

kanc

There will be livestream of Young Dylan tomorrow starting at 8:30PM exact time it will premiere on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts