• Absent Minded

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Gown and Out

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Be Stella My Heart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zoombie

So I guess Stella is like Elaine Benes, she just gets along better with males. "she is a man's woman".

Mr.O

This was my first time keeping up with a LH premier week in a LONG, LONG time, so I figure I may as well chime in with my ranking.

1 for me is Gown and Out. Generally, I feel that all of this weeks episodes were on the same tier of decent, but this one has a few stand out points. The biggest two being that Lori and Lola are so much more likeable than I remember. They share some genuinely touching moments that were so good they almost seemed out of character, imo. Lola loosing (with grace) against the clearly superior competition was a good note to end on, and it added a dash of realism too.

2 would probably be Absent Minded, ONLY because of one point and that is Clyde's character. He handled the situation in this episode with much more competence and resolve than I remember him ever showing on any other episode I've seen him in. This only stands out because he was easily one of if not the worst LH character to me when I last watched the show. He was able to both take on a position of high authority, and lie to his superiors without crumbling into a sweaty mess waiting on Lincoln to save the day. I'm not sure if this is just his usual character now, but it really made this episode pop, imo.

A very, very close 3rd would be Braking Dad. I probably enjoyed this episode a little more than Absent Minded, but the later really improved a character I couldn't stand, while I already liked Lily and Mr.Loud, so there was nothing really new. It was nice to see how much Lily meant to Mr.L though.

4th is Be Stella my Heart. Nothing much to write about here. I will say it is nice to see that Lincoln has a nice sized and expanding circle of friends now. This is a sharp contrast compared to the first few seasons where it seemed that Lincoln really had to work to get anybody but Clyde and Ronnie Ann to like him. Which I never got since he seemed so likable.

PS. The last two on my list get an extra +1 for the puns in their titles.

jaylop97

Staff member
BSMH was the weakest one of the batch, the episode had it's fun moments but at others It didn't really do much, these episodes with crushes are really taking their toll, because the show can really leave that stuff to Lori and Bobby to be honest with Lincoln and his friends I think they've had enough stories as is with this.

Regardless it was okay, I do like Stella but still too bad the episode didn't really focus much on her, I think her wanting to interact with the boys was a good way to connect her with them but only at the very end did that do well.

JTZ

Breaking Dad – I could actually relate a little to the situation in the episode: My nephew (around the same age as Lily) had a phase when he would call every female person close to him “Mama”, and every male person “Papa”, including me. Luckily, my brother didn’t make a deal out of it.

It was a little weird watching an episode that’s mostly about the adults, but overall it was really sweet and enjoyable. Mr. Grouse showed some of his nicer sides and Lily was adorable the whole episode through. I found the Cowbell music festival a bit weird (the cowbell-addiction seems too bizarre for anything but a one-off joke), but it doesn’t lower my opinion of the episode.

Absent Minded – I like Clyde, and seeing him overreact and panic over something so small was cute, but the episode didn’t really click with me. I also have to say the Lincoln-Clyde-dynamic generally works better with Lincoln in charge – it was amusing when Lincoln started getting annoyed at Clyde’s paranoia, but before that it felt a little bland. No bad episode, but none that leaves an impression on me.

Gown and Out – Great Lola(+Lori)-episode. Lola was really relatable and sweet, and although I love that they didn’t go the sappy route and showed even very good amateurs can’t compete with professionals overnight, a part of me was sad when she lost. That really is the sign of a good story: Even when you know or can anticipate the outcome, you are still moved by the events. Lori was also great in this, especially the bit about her homecoming dance. Best episode of the week for me.

Be Stella My Heart – I’m a bit disappointed they ditched Stella’s ribbon from her design, but aside from that I really like her as a character. It would have been nice if the episode had focused more on the one-one-one “dates” than on the guys fighting over her, but I guess that’s all one can expect from a ten-minute episode. Lincoln’s gang still needs some more development to keep up with his sisters, but their little quirks were still entertaining. No stellar episode, but a good introduction episode for a new character, and a nice message about boys and girls being friends (also Ronnie-Anne is the only girl for Lincoln but whatever).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts