The Loud House - "Episodes 190 - 195" [June 2020]

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Senior Moment : I do like they used Carol in this episode. The message of memories are better as quality of what you do to make them special versus doing them to feel like you are , was good. I give it 8/10. Kind of a weak week in my eyes., not bad, but weak.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Nick will be airing new Loud House shorts during the second premiere week:
loudshorts.png

zoombie

Sand Hassles

Well a good Lucy episode. We see different sides of her which is nice, still we don't see her eyes, that may never happen. Lucy being good at sports, that is not surprising, she takes after Lori and Lynn. Lynn is her roommate, so some of that has rubbed off on her. Lynn would be very proud of her roomie.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Sand Hassels : It was a good episode, nice that it was more focused on Lucy not just her club. It was a "try new things and you might like it episode" but it wasn't trying to force it's message it was alright 8/10.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Zanneck is back with more unpopular opinions to beware, because...

Sand Hassles (Mid Tier) -
Ehhhh... I feel like this plot worked better and more effectively when it was Fandom Pains from S3, thank you very much. Not a bad effort, but lacking that sensibly intelligent oomph said example gave me in the past.

Just seeing Lucy (another sister whose grown on me, BTW.) and her friends whine and cry like that wasn't that funny. Just rather annoying and overly stereotyped in the wrong ways, IMHO.

At least it ends positively, but still... If you know any goth kids like this, I wouldn't exactly be friends with them after awhile, sadly enough. Not if you act like this much of a stereotype, unfortunately, if I must be honest with you.

Wheel and Deal (Mid Tier) - And so, Lana (who besides Lucy, has really grown on me as a character, personally!) ends up being the only thing truly carrying this episode in any positive light. Because, innocence & honor do go a long way in my eyes.
Plus, that ending felt kinda sappy, even if Lana is in the right here and does at least otherwise deserve some reward just for being in the right, IMHO.

Furthermore (and I mean no offense by this, just being honest with myself here, like I always aim to do!), this is yet another episode where something else like Craig of the Creek, as well as something from the same regime that didn't deserve to be mistreated like it was (that being HARVEY BEAKS!) did this setup SO MUCH BETTER in comparison, honestly. THAT alone is why I can't be too kind to this one, no matter how OK this show did with it, otherwise.

My time at this beach circuit is over, for now. Take care.

Last edited:

zoombie

Wheel and Deal

So Lana pretty much stands by her morals the whole episode, and works out for her. While I understand Lincoln over protectiveness, and doesn't help one of the other competitors is a kid he don't get along with, so maybe that clouded his better judgment. The whole help Lana behind her back, I don't know that had a bit of an Inspector Gadget vibe to me, only she smart enough to figure it out. Well a nice simple episode.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Wheel and Deal : It was a strong episode. I like that Lana wasn't just trying to win , but trying to do it her way without the pressure. Lincoln was caring and it was sweet even though he went overboard.... I'm giving it 9.5/10 (Also hard to tell if they went with continuity or not from the past episode when Chandler was there, because Chandler really wasn't a jerk to Lincoln this episode, just moslty showy)

jaylop97

Staff member
I really enjoyed most of the entirety of every episode that aired this month. I think this could be my favorite month of premieres in a long time.

From best to worst:
A Star is Scorned > Wheel and Deal > Sand Hassels > Room and Hoard = On Thin Ice > Senior Moment

Likewise, I really liked A Star is Scorned, I think it's always fascinating how Lola episodes always seem to expand on Lola, for a six year old she is extremely active at everything. Other than that, I really do feel for her when she gets viewed lower for Lily, and I really think it was so sweet when Lily told her she only wanted to spend time with her, it really put the situation in place of how Lola can be pretty competitive, but sincere too when it comes to acceptance.

Wheel and Deal was awesome because of Lana's determination of staying true to her values, I definitely appreciate how Lincoln tried to help her, and how they simply played the competition the way Lana wanted too over others at the end.

Sand Hassels, the setup with Lucy and the other Morticians not wanting to go to the beach had a lot of funny moments, but of course when the beach comes I really do enjoy Lucy enjoying the beach after giving it some time, and getting the morticians to do the same.

Room and Hoard, pretty relatable, it's nice the kids can have fun with their old material. Of course it does pile up and that's a great aspect of the episode when it all piles up they see how much it all becomes overwhelming.

On Thin Ice: I kind of don't like some of the characterization, not all of the Louds are really into what the Hockey game, being pretty one sided. That said I do enjoy the episode with Lynn's antics of wanting to cheer on for her team and wanting to have a good time, even with problems along the way.

Lastly I was not impressed with Senior Moment, it's mostly Kick the Bucket List but with less of what made it work, a detractor of it is it felt one sided with Lori, unlike KtbL where both Lincoln and Clyde were in it together, along with how most of the episode just repeats the same of what Lori and her friends saw in the movie rather than think of new Senior ideas to spend. I think the idea sounded good but the execution just didn't have much to help it.

And the shorts included:
A Maltese Bear > King of the Chair > Put a sock in it > 10 Headed Beast

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.
I recently decided that I will be covering a really bad children's cartoon that's been on my radar for a while over on my blog. I can't really talk about it on here because of this show's nature, but I'm bored enough and I think someone needs to analyze the show I'm talking about and yank it apart.
Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.
Can one of the moderators here update the media embedding tool, so X can be one of the approved websites?
Well, Disney's Primos has apparently been delayed again with no announced release date, and of course the YT trolls are talking victory laps. I hope the show hasn't been permanently shelved; I don't want the haters to win.

Featured Posts