The current shows are ending

Frontier

Staff member
I hope the cast does get more of a chance. I've liked the casting (Peter, Gwen, Osborns, etc) and would like to hear them do more with the roles.
I was kind of bummed that Laura Bailey wasn't playing Gwen in Marvel Rising, since I was hoping we'd get to see more of the cast from the show outside Robbie get to play their characters, so hopefully they do get more chances going forward :).
I'd like to hear a different Tony used if they ever did a non-RDJ version again but I think Wingert works in the role. I remember when Eric Loomis' performance would get a lot of online flack for sounding like RDJ but I always liked him. It probably helped that he wasn't written exactly like MCU version was and he was given the chance to really emote in the role.
I thought Loomis was great as Iron Man and sounded more natural then Wingert generally does, even though they're both basically trying to capture the voice of RDJ as Tony, but he did have the benefit of writing and stories that I think Wingert doesn't at the moment :ack:.
Tatasciore has had the chance to play The Beast twice, alongside Blum as Wolverine. As much as he will continue to be a mainstay as the Hulk, I can imagine being back as Beast, if the chance came.
I wouldn't mind the return of any Wolverine and the X-Men VA's to their roles :anime:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Here's an idea. If all of the shows are canceled, and they are starting over from scratch, I have a suggestion: Let's get some freaking theme songs at the beginning of our cartoons! Even if they are only 20 - 30 seconds long like the DC cartoons, give us actual theme tunes to hum along to in our Underoos while eating Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! Why is this even an issue? They're cartoons, not USA Network reruns of Wings. When did networks decide to stop giving us cartoons with the best thing about cartoons in them? It's actually quite disturbing Marvel just delivered five superhero shows in a row with no theme songs and nobody raised a proper fuss. I'm raising one now. Cartoon theme songs MUST come back to Marvel! Who's with me?!

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

Here's an idea. If all of the shows are canceled, and they are starting over from scratch, I have a suggestion: Let's get some freaking theme songs at the beginning of our cartoons! Even if they are only 20 - 30 seconds long like the DC cartoons, give us actual theme tunes to hum along to in our Underoos while eating Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bomb!. Why is this even an issue? They're cartoons, not USA Network reruns of Wings. When did networks decide to stop giving us cartoons with the best thing about cartoons in them? It's actually quite disturbing Marvel just delivered five superhero shows in a row with no theme songs and nobody raised a proper fuss. I'm raising one now. Cartoon theme songs MUST come back to Marvel! Who's with me?!
I'm with you!

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I do have a slight
Here's an idea. If all of the shows are canceled, and they are starting over from scratch, I have a suggestion: Let's get some freaking theme songs at the beginning of our cartoons! Even if they are only 20 - 30 seconds long like the DC cartoons, give us actual theme tunes to hum along to in our Underoos while eating Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bomb!. Why is this even an issue? They're cartoons, not USA Network reruns of Wings. When did networks decide to stop giving us cartoons with the best thing about cartoons in them? It's actually quite disturbing Marvel just delivered five superhero shows in a row with no theme songs and nobody raised a proper fuss. I'm raising one now. Cartoon theme songs MUST come back to Marvel! Who's with me?!
Doesn't the Big Hero 6 theme song count? Sure, the show is based on a movie produced by Disney instead of Marvel, but it still uses Marvel characters.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I do have a slight

Doesn't the Big Hero 6 theme song count? Sure, the show is based on a movie produced by Disney instead of Marvel, but it still uses Marvel characters.
The Pilot didn't air a theme song. Did Disney release a clip of one for the regular episodes? If so, linky?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Pilot didn't air a theme song. Did Disney release a clip of one for the regular episodes? If so, linky?
Disney XD uploaded the opening credits on YouTube last summer:

I presume the regular episodes of the show will use it; the premiere didn't have this probably because it was aired as a special/movie.

Dudley

Staff member
Well, they gotta squeeze in more ad time.
I swear I feel like Disney XD airs more ads than the other Disney channels to make up for the fact that the others don’t have as much.

It’ll be great if Marvel creates a Brave and the Bold or Justice League Action like series to showcase more characters especially the more obscure ones.

I’m also surprised Marvel doesn’t bother to make more DTV movies based on Marvel IPs and famous story arcs. Maybe they don’t find them lucrative enough? They shouldn’t cost that much. They don’t have to be mature in tone like the DC DTV movies. Heck, make them family friendly and you can air them on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think 2017 was actually the first year when Marvel didn't have an animated movie. Before that we had "Where Monsters Dwell", "Frost Fight", the 2 Heroes United movies and the anime movies. This year there should be Marvel Rising, but it would be nice if they had a more consistent schedule for these like DC has (or even Marvel themselves had with the Lionsgate movies like a decade ago).

Frontier

Staff member
Count me in as someone else who would welcome the return of proper intro themes to the Marvel cartoons :D.
It’ll be great if Marvel creates a Brave and the Bold or Justice League Action like series to showcase more characters especially the more obscure ones.
Assemble kind of feels like it's gone in this direction a little bit with all The Avengers, even if it's not as much of a wide ensemble as JLA :).

I wouldn't mind a more traditional Marvel Team-Up cartoon, assuming it was as fun and dynamic as Brave and the Bold ;).
I’m also surprised Marvel doesn’t bother to make more DTV movies based on Marvel IPs and famous story arcs. Maybe they don’t find them lucrative enough? They shouldn’t cost that much. They don’t have to be mature in tone like the DC DTV movies. Heck, make them family friendly and you can air them on TV.

I think 2017 was actually the first year when Marvel didn't have an animated movie. Before that we had "Where Monsters Dwell", "Frost Fight", the 2 Heroes United movies and the anime movies. This year there should be Marvel Rising, but it would be nice if they had a more consistent schedule for these like DC has (or even Marvel themselves had with the Lionsgate movies like a decade ago).
I was really surprised they didn't have a Thor movie to time with the release of Ragnarok, like they did last year with Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell timed with Dr. Strange who was a prominent part of the movie (maybe moreso then Hulk) :ack:.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
@Frontier
I know I said this numerous of times in this thread but I really hope the new Marvel shows have better production values. Better backgrounds,better animation, more dynamic and diverse character designs(The new spiderman cartoon really suffers heavily from this), better fight scenes, and etc. You know something that says whoever made this has a passion for animation.

TheLemsterPju

Now imagine Guardians of the Galaxy ending in the middle of season 3 with unfinished plots...

The writing process for Season 2 was already halfway done around September 2015, so I would imagine a fourth season is still possible and probably just got finished being written.

If a season four is made, even if it's only 13 episodes, I think it would be interesting if they did a five year time skip after the events of season three. I'd love to see a much different, matured team by that point in the Guardians' 'career'. Looking somewhat along the lines like this:

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Now imagine Guardians of the Galaxy ending in the middle of season 3 with unfinished plots...
The show generally hasn't left much in the way of unresolved plots by the end of each season, so I don't see season 3 being any different.
The writing process for Season 2 was already halfway done around September 2015, so I would imagine a fourth season is still possible and probably just got finished being written.

If a season four is made, even if it's only 13 episodes, I think it would be interesting if they did a five year time skip after the events of season three. I'd love to see a much different, matured team by that point in the Guardians' 'career'. Looking somewhat along the lines like this:
I'm still waiting on an episode featuring the original Guardians, preferably the comic versions and not the MCU versions ;).

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Yeah not really going to take the vague reports from a blog as gospel. Not saying there's nothing to the rumors, but it doesn't really mean a whole hell of a lot.

Also, let's look at Avenger Assemble. The show is currently on its fourth season and almost 100 episodes. Guardians of the Galaxy is about to get its third season based off of Mission Breakout. The point is, those shows had protracted runs.

If the shows were coming to an end, it wouldn't be all that surprising. Guardians of the Galaxy was done to capitalize on the success of the films, and then they switched course to the new Disney theme park ride.

So you know, maybe it's just that the shows are naturally coming to an end now.

Yes, Disney did move to acquire 20th Century Fox. That includes the film rights for Fantastic Four and X-Men. HOWEVER, the deal isn't official yet. The 20th Century Fox deal still requires regulatory approval to go through. It has not yet received federal regulatory approval. So it means we aren't seeing any real X-Men/Fantastic Four output from Marvel Studios, besides stuff like the live-action X-Men TV shows which are Marvel co-productions, for a while.

Also, been around the block for a while. And I've seen plenty of fake rumors spread around Marvel Animation for a while including the following:

- USM one and done
- Hulk and the Agents of Smash dead after 13 episodes
- Hulk and the Agents of Smash dead after one season
- New animated X-Men series to be announced in 2017 for big revival of the X-Men at Marvel Entertainment, nope

None of this really means there's going to be a huge regime change either, but we shall see.

Mr.O

Yeah not really going to take the vague reports from a blog as gospel. Not saying there's nothing to the rumors, but it doesn't really mean a whole hell of a lot.

Also, let's look at Avenger Assemble. The show is currently on its fourth season and almost 100 episodes. Guardians of the Galaxy is about to get its third season based off of Mission Breakout. The point is, those shows had protracted runs.

If the shows were coming to an end, it wouldn't be all that surprising. Guardians of the Galaxy was done to capitalize on the success of the films, and then they switched course to the new Disney theme park ride.

Yes, Disney did move to acquire 20th Century Fox. That includes the film rights for Fantastic Four and X-Men. HOWEVER, the deal isn't official yet. The 20th Century Fox deal still requires regulatory approval to go through. It has not yet received federal regulatory approval. So it means we aren't seeing any real X-Men/Fantastic Four output from Marvel Studios, besides stuff like the live-action X-Men TV shows which are Marvel co-productions, for a while.

Also, been around the block for a while. And I've seen plenty of fake rumors spread around Marvel Animation for a while including the following:

- USM one and done
- New animated X-Men series to be announced in 2017 for big revival of the X-Men at Marvel Entertainment, nope

None of this really means there's going to be a huge regime change either, but we shall see.
I haven'yt been keeping up with the Fox buy out. Do you know what issues are prolonging the deal's approval?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

Dudley

Staff member

- USM one and done

So you don’t believe the blog post about the shows ending, but you’re claiming the show’s are naturally coming to an end?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
So you don’t believe the blog post about the shows ending, but you’re claiming the show’s are naturally coming to an end?

Wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if two of the shows are coming to an end.

Guardians of the Galaxy already got another season announced themed after Mission Breakout. So we know that's happening. It doesn't have a broadcast or premiere date yet. Action-adventure cartoon shows tend to usually not last this long anyway. So if it ends after that season, wouldn't surprise me.

Avengers Assemble is almost done with its fourth season. Almost over 100 episodes. It wouldn't be surprising if it's coming to an end. Ultimate Spider-Man also ended after 4 seasons.

OK and what else is there? The Marvel's Spider-Man series. Unless Marvel confirms it's ending or a new show is coming to replace it, I don't believe it's ending.

So there are only THREE ongoing episodic shows right now. One's been on four seasons. One is in the works for its third that's relaunching the show in the style of the theme park ride. My guess is Guardians will have probably ran its course by that point.

And then of course you have the haters who are assuming everyone's getting fired and they are cleaning house and changing to a new regime. To who?

Frontier

Staff member
I'd like nothing more then for this article to be inaccurate, if only because it would give more hope for Justice League Action and Marvel's Spider-Man...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts