The current shows are ending

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It seems like a bit of a disconnect is at play here. It reminds me of how Star Wars Rebels was greenlit for the whole series so that by the time it premiered, they already started recording for season 2, meaning that any fanbase commentary wouldn't be addressed until much later.

I'm also not surprised with Marvel Rising not being on Disney XD given that, since Toon Disney became Disney XD in 2009, only 1 of its shows has a female leading protagonist (Star Vs The Forces Of Evil), and how something like the tv debut of Star Wars: Forces Of Destiny was on Disney Channel, not Disney XD.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I don't think Marvel Rising was confirmed for Disney XD (or any other network), because it's just a movie and a series of shorts, which will most likely only be released online.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I don't think Marvel Rising was confirmed for Disney XD (or any other network), because it's just a movie and a series of shorts, which will most likely only be released online.
I could picture it eventually getting some tv time, maybe Disney. Just judging from the BTS video and press releases everywhere, it seems like they aim to give it a big push when it's ready.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Mr.O

This is... Very shocking if true. Only makes you wonder what actually goes on behind the scenes. Also, how long will it take after the current shows run their course before new Marvel cartoons come out.

@Frontier How is that merger deal coming along anyways? I've been out of the loop.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Maybe we will get New Marvel Cartoons on the Disney Streaming website thats coming soon

Dudley

Staff member
Of all the things that Hullet has listed on that posted, news of these shows ending has gotten the most widespread coverage. The biggest concern is what will happen to Marvel Animation? Normally artists would be moved to new shows in production, but we heard that they’re being let go, and no new shows are being reported. Maybe all production will be outsourced from now on. I don’t think those shows will be exclusive to their streaming service, as they’re going to want to have new shows for Disney XD.
Maybe we’ll hear about new shows at this year’s Comic-Con.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Of all the things that Hullet has listed on that posted, news of these shows ending has gotten the most widespread coverage. The biggest concern is what will happen to Marvel Animation? Normally artists would be moved to new shows in production, but we heard that they’re being let go, and no new shows are being reported. Maybe all production will be outsourced from now on. I don’t think those shows will be exclusive to their streaming service, as they’re going to want to have new shows for Disney XD.
Maybe we’ll hear about new shows at this year’s Comic-Con.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there's a Marvel Animation panel at Comic-Con, or even a Marvel Entertainment panel, I would think they'd address what's going on there.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Thinking of how light Marvel Animation's announcements, especially at cons, were last year, it makes sense that we're at this point now. There was nothing to talk about except for the shows already in production.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I meant to point this out earlier - at the NYCC, Cort Lane did mention there are new series coming soon, but he couldn't announce them yet. One of them could have been Marvel Riing, but he seemed to imply there would be more.

Frontier

Staff member
I meant to point this out earlier - at the NYCC, Cort Lane did mention there are new series coming soon, but he couldn't announce them yet. One of them could have been Marvel Riing, but he seemed to imply there would be more.
He mentioned something involving Marvel's diverse heroes and Squirrel Girl, and Marvel Rising fits the bill on that front.
That's almost certainly gonna happen regardless of who is in the seat.
I think that probably depends a lot on who's in charge and what direction Marvel wants to take their cartoons going forward.

I mean, the movies will probably still have some influence no matter what happens, but maybe not to the extent they did under Loeb.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I don't see Craig Kyle coming back down to the tv and animation level when he's been producing Marvel Studios movies. Yost has been screenwriting and he seems to still have a few cartoon credits in there. I miss seeing him write for Marvel Animation.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, I think out of them three, Josh Fine is the only one who wrote for Mravel cartoons in the last few years (the first part of the Symbiote Saga on USM).

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, I wonder if we'll see any VA's carry over if there is indeed a major revamp or retooling of the show's going on, especially since the current VA's (especially for The Avengers) have gotten a lot of mileage in those roles under the current Marvel Animation.

I mean, VA's like Fred Tatasciore as Hulk and James C. Mathis III as Black Panther seem like they're pretty much set as the definitive VA's for those characters and will probably continue to play them no matter what happens.

I feel like Robbie Daymond deserves to have a little more time as Spidey, especially since Drake Bell got to have four seasons as Spidey, but he's also gotten a few more opportunities to reprise Spider-Man outside Marvel's Spider-Man.

I honestly would not mind a new voice for Iron Man at all.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Technically a reprisal as well, but not from the current shows, would be Steve Blum as Wolverine (I presume he's the most likely of the X-Men to return in animated form, and I think Blum is the most likely candidate for the voice).

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I feel like Robbie Daymond deserves to have a little more time as Spidey, especially since Drake Bell got to have four seasons as Spidey, but he's also gotten a few more opportunities to reprise Spider-Man outside Marvel's Spider-Man.

I honestly would not mind a new voice for Iron Man at all.

I hope the cast does get more of a chance. I've liked the casting (Peter, Gwen, Osborns, etc) and would like to hear them do more with the roles.

I'd like to hear a different Tony used if they ever did a non-RDJ version again but I think Wingert works in the role. I remember when Eric Loomis' performance would get a lot of online flack for sounding like RDJ but I always liked him. It probably helped that he wasn't written exactly like MCU version was and he was given the chance to really emote in the role.

Technically a reprisal as well, but not from the current shows, would be Steve Blum as Wolverine (I presume he's the most likely of the X-Men to return in animated form, and I think Blum is the most likely candidate for the voice).

Tatasciore has had the chance to play The Beast twice, alongside Blum as Wolverine. As much as he will continue to be a mainstay as the Hulk, I can imagine being back as Beast, if the chance came.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts