NickRewind News & Talkback Thread Part 2

kanc

Apparently the Rocko's Modern Life episode "I See London, I See France / The Fatlands" have aired on TeenNick, in NickRewind block last night

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
It's weird seeing the different standards between countries. Nick UK never had a problem with airing those Rocko episodes, but they did with a couple of Clarissa episodes which rarely aired, and an episode of Kenan & Kel (Girl Chasers) that has never aired here.

Poyzonist

Here's the new schedule which will be in effect on April 20. All times are eastern.

WEEKDAYS:

10:00 PM - Drake & Josh
10:30 PM - Kenan & Kel
11:02 PM - Rugrats (x4)
1:03 AM - Hey Arnold! (x2)
2:03 AM - Doug (x2)
3:03 AM - Rocko's Modern Life (x2)
3:57 AM - The Ren & Stimpy Show (x2)
4:53 AM - Danny Phantom (x2)

WEEKENDS:

10:00 PM - Rugrats (x4)
12:01 AM - Hey Arnold (x4)
1:57 AM - Doug (x2)
3:00 AM - Rocko's Modern Life (x2)

Clarissa Explains it All, The Amanda Show, and Zoey 101 are no longer in the schedule. Hey Arnold! airs in Rocko's old timeslot and Rocko will air much later in the night. Doug will air daily. Danny Phantom replaces Invader Zim.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Well, I had a feeling that what they were doing with the 10 P.M. hour wouldn’t last, although it’s nice that they’re still keeping Drake & Josh and Kenan & Kel.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Here's the new schedule which will be in effect on April 20. All times are eastern.

WEEKDAYS:

WEEKENDS:

Clarissa Explains it All, The Amanda Show, and Zoey 101 are no longer in the schedule. Hey Arnold! airs in Rocko's old timeslot and Rocko will air much later in the night. Doug will air daily. Danny Phantom replaces Invader Zim.
Rocko’s at 3 AM. Yaaaay...

also HOLY CRAP DANNY PHANTOM

Bigawesome2000

WEEKDAYS:

WEEKENDS:

Dang. I was really enjoying Clarissa and Amanda during the 10PM hour. At least D&J and K&K are still there. Sucks that Invader Zim left too, but not much of a surprise. Danny Phantom is an awesome replacement though.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Points to the variety of the next lineup, regardless how long certain shows have been on.

Never gave Danny Phantom a chance since it started. I'll give it a go and see if it works with the me now.

DVRd all of what Zims were shown, so not too bummed there.

Have paid 0 honest attention to the 10pm hour. I'll enjoy K&K at least when they get to Season 3, considering how long S1 had been in rotation on Nick Pluto, which is still what's happening to S2 now.

Seemed like for as long as they had Doug for one segment per day, it was always from the first 1st if not maybe also some of the 2nd. There's still a few I haven't seen in a long time I'd like to revisit from S3 onward.

SG-17

My guide still shows an episode of Amanda Show on Monday 5/4.

Also glad to see Hey Arnold come to a decent time again, at least on the weekends.

ToonsJazzLover

To be fair Zim has been on the lineup for a good 4 month now and it needed to get replaced by another 2000s Nicktoon.

Looks like Rugrats is now the only show with 2 hour block (aside from Arnold during the weekends).

I noticed they removed all the female-led shows...

SG-17

Honestly Zoey 101 was a bad fit for the block and Clarissa's reach is severely limited, as are most live action programs from the pre-All That era.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Not a Danny Phantom fan, but it's cool to see another show get a chance on the block. As much as I like Zim, it's probably for the best too, since it has significantly fewer episodes. That might be a better fit for weekends or a spontaneous switch.

Honestly Zoey 101 was a bad fit for the block and Clarissa's reach is severely limited, as are most live action programs from the pre-All That era.
Meh, different strokes. I for one welcome the inclusion of more classic live-action programming any day.

SG-17

Not a Danny Phantom fan, but it's cool to see another show get a chance on the block. As much as I like Zim, it's probably for the best too, since it has significantly fewer episodes. That might be a better fit for weekends or a spontaneous switch.

Meh, different strokes. I for one welcome the inclusion of more classic live-action programming any day.
Lets look at it this way, the current target demographic for NickRewind is the youngest Millennials and the oldest Zoomers. People whose childhood Nick was the 1998-2008 Nick (roughly). Clarissa started in 1991 and ended in 1994 and by the end of the decade it was barely in reruns. The mindspace isn't there for the show for the target demographic as a whole.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Lets look at it this way, the current target demographic for NickRewind is the youngest Millennials and the oldest Zoomers. People whose childhood Nick was the 1998-2008 Nick (roughly). Clarissa started in 1991 and ended in 1994 and by the end of the decade it was barely in reruns. The mindspace isn't there for the show for the target demographic as a whole.
Are we sure that this the primary demographic for the block? Are you sure that the older millennials who watched the block when it started nearly a decade ago aren't still in play for it? Obviously yes, they're catering towards fans who are a little younger as well, but they still promise to show Nick hits from the 80's, 90's, and 2000's, so any of these should be fair game.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I'd like to see NickRewind become its own 24/7 channel, where it would air all kinds of classic kids and family programming from the Viacom library.

In addition to older Nick shows, there could be:

*Terrytoons
*Other cartoons from the CBS Studios library
*Most theatrical cartoons released by Paramount before October 1950 and after March 1962
*Live-action family shows in the CBS Studios library, such as The Brady Bunch
*Classic family movies from both Paramount and CBS (such as My Fair Lady)

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
NickRewind's just remembered that a ton of other Nick shows exist:

Fun watch. Despite not necessarily tuning into much of Nick at all mid 00s onward, but still having an idea of each show, there were a few I forgot about (which I haven't watched). Romeo!, Naked Brothers Band, and Wendell & Vinnie. I know the latter didn't last long, which is probably why I forgot about it.

I'd like to see NickRewind become its own 24/7 channel, where it would air all kinds of classic kids and family programming from the Viacom library.

In addition to older Nick shows, there could be:

*Terrytoons
*Other cartoons from the CBS Studios library
*Most theatrical cartoons released by Paramount before October 1950 and after March 1962
*Live-action family shows in the CBS Studios library, such as The Brady Bunch
*Classic family movies from both Paramount and CBS (such as My Fair Lady)

Going to make this tl;dr typing about the Pluto app, but perhaps in the future as far as the Nickelodeon channels it has now, can do a little more expansion. For example, but Legends of the Hidden Temple & Double Dare 2000 were the first two game shows to be on Nick Pluto. Both were dropped later, but only Legends returned as part of the new Nick Games channel (November '19).

Despite already having the linear "Nicktoons" and "TeenNick", they could do a similar ones for both genres. Whatever they'd call the one for Nicktoons unless they decide to keep the same name. Other one could be NickComedy or even NickClassic to also note other genres less of that wouldn't make sense for their own channel.

I'm very curious if they'll ever create a "SpongeBob TV" for it, as there's plenty to go on, and they've already done that for Dora - which oddly enough they still do on the Nick Jr channel too.

They do have the NickMovies channel, which cycles the same... 20? So already there, could be the place you bring up the theatrical cartoons plus the classic family movies. Not exactly sure how the Pluto rights go, with as numerous times Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie, Wild Thornberrys movie and x-amount of Rugrats movies have been playing on the other kids channels. Those'd work just as well for the NickMovies channel which still is like a NickTweenMovie channel still yet.

Going to relay something I've said before as well as others, but at this point, TeenNick is basically NickRewind now. I still say if they intend to keep the channel, just use the Rewind brand 24/7, still keeping the lineup as it is to this day. I wouldn't care if they still did simulcasts of new stuff, as the bulk of the channel is still reruns of their past shows and encores of others. Game Shakers for example is already over, and for TN to replay the series however long they do, is essentially a rewind anyway, even if it's not up to the target year of the actual Rewind block now. TeenNick hasn't been a 'teen' channel as far as I'm concerned in a good decade when they still had actual teen originals and imports, so, just call the whole thing Rewind. Don't have to make a big announcement either. Just a casual newsletter possibly just saying they're doing it.

Unless Nickelodeon decides on their own streaming service, which I think many are in doubts of, as a lot of their titles keep going elsewhere, I'd say Pluto TV is the best chance for any of these wishes to happen.

Micahel Cataldo

Why weren't shows like H2O: Just Add Water, Alien Surf Girls, Get the Picture and Finders Keepers in the Nickelodeon Live Action Timeline?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.
I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.

Featured Posts