"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Maybe the more tween girl oriented nature of the project means more advertising on the main channel that appeals to the target audience. Like I could imagine advertisements for the merchandise here and any of the tween sitcoms, something Disney XD hasn't really done.

Frontier

Staff member
Here's a recent article talking about why Miss Marvel is taking center stage in the movie.

Why Ms. Marvel Is The Lead of Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors
"The character that boys, and actually up until this point, girls, have connected with most emotionally is Peter Parker."

I'm curious what their basis is for this. Demos for the kind of audiences that watch Spider-Man cartoons? Or the gender ratio for people who read the comics, watch the movies, etc.? I could see Spec and Marvel's Spider-Man having a decent female audience.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
"The character that boys, and actually up until this point, girls, have connected with most emotionally is Peter Parker."

I'm curious what their basis is for this. Demos for the kind of audiences that watch Spider-Man cartoons? Or the gender ratio for people who read the comics, watch the movies, etc.? I could see Spec and Marvel's Spider-Man having a decent female audience.
It's probably more along the lines of how kids relate more to Spiderman and teen heroes in general (or at least those who share their mentality). I mean, the fact that many of the most successful action shows in at least this decade are shows that focus on young characters (primarily teenagers) like with DC Superhero Girls, Teen Titans Go (with a theatrical movie to boot), both of the current Spiderman cartoons, TMNT (2012), to name a few examples, is probably a major contributing factor to it.

Frontier

Staff member
It's probably more along the lines of how kids relate more to Spiderman and teen heroes in general (or at least those who share their mentality). I mean, the fact that many of the most successful action shows in at least this decade are shows that focus on young characters (primarily teenagers) like with DC Superhero Girls, Teen Titans Go (with a theatrical movie to boot), both of the current Spiderman cartoons, TMNT (2012), to name a few examples, is probably a major contributing factor to it.
That seems reasonable, but he seems to bring up girls relating to Spider-Man as well as if it's a surprising thing that they found out before making this series...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
That seems reasonable, but he seems to bring up girls relating to Spider-Man as well as if it's a surprising thing that they found out before making this series...
I believe a similar statement was made back when DC Superhero Girls first came out, where initial articles gave a surprising vibe about how there are also girls who like comic book characters.

Northstar

T
I kinda wish the cartoons and cast would focus less on telling us Carol is this awesome and amazing character and more just letting the character speak for herself on the show :shrug:.

Kind of reminding me a little too much of her Avengers Assemble characterization :(.

She definitely sounds a lot softer then I would've expected for America, but I like how her physical attacks leave star imprints :).

Reminds me of Cap's shield in EMH having the red, white, and blue following it whenever he threw it :cool:.

They are too busy trying to convince us that Kamala and Carol are close even though that's not the case, It not even the case in the comics.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
T

They are too busy trying to convince us that Kamala and Carol are close even though that's not the case, It not even the case in the comics.
So it's an informed attribute even in the comics? Burn.

Also, here's a chance to know Exile.

TheLemsterPju

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How do I post comments on profile posts without that stupid ad on the bottom blocking me?
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts