"Marvel Rising" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,285 6
A Valid Location
Marvel announced 2 more Marvel Rising animated Specials!
On the heels of the successful launches of the "Marvel Rising: Initiation" shorts and the animated film "Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors," Marvel Entertainment announced today additional content for the "Marvel Rising" franchise including two new animated specials "Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts" and "Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron."
"Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts" features the return of Dove Cameron (“Descendants 3”) and BooBoo Stewart (“Descendants 3”) in a brand-new 22-minute special that follows Ghost-Spider teaming-up with the Secret Warriors to bring down the villains Sheath and Exile for good.
"Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron" will introduce Riri Williams a.k.a. Ironheart to the Marvel Rising universe, voiced by Sofia Wylie (“Andi Mack”). In this 44-minute special, we find Riri Williams adjusting to college life and feeling socially isolated because she is younger than the other students. After Hala the Accuser destroys the school’s engineering lab and kidnaps Riri’s best friend, Riri finds inspiration in her hero Iron Man and hatches a plan to defeat Hala and save the day.
"Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts" will star Dove Cameron as Ghost-Spider, and features the return of Tyler Posey as Inferno, Chloe Bennet as Quake, Cierra Ramirez as America Chavez, BooBoo Stewart as Exile, Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl, Kathreen Khavari as Ms. Marvel, Kamil McFadden as Patriot, Skai Jackson as Gloria Grant, Dee Bradley Baker as Lockjaw/Tippy-Toe, Steven Weber as Captain Stacy, Tara Strong as Mary Jane Watson, and Amanda C. Miller as Sheath.
"Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron" will star Sofia Wylie as Riri Williams a.k.a. Ironheart, and features Ming-Na Wen as Hala, Kim Raver as Captain Marvel, Dove Cameron as Ghost-Spider, Tyler Posey as Inferno, Chloe Bennet as Quake, Cierra Ramirez as America Chavez, Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl, Kathreen Khavari as Ms. Marvel, Kamil McFadden as Patriot, Dee Bradley Baker as Lockjaw/Tippy-Toe, Mick Wingert as Iron Man, and Melanie Minichino as A.M.I.
"Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts" is executive produced by Joe Quesada, Dan Buckley, Cort Lane, and Eric Radomski; co-executive produced by Stan Lee, Sana Amanat, and Marsha Griffin. The special was written by Mairghread Scott. Alfred Gimeno served as supervising animation producer and director.
"Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron" is executive produced by Joe Quesada, Dan Buckley, Cort Lane, and Eric Radomski; co-executive produced by Stan Lee, Sana Amanat, and Marsha Griffin. The special was written by Margaret Dunlap. Alfred Gimeno served as supervising director and the special was directed by Sol Choi.
More details about their premieres will be announced later. The article on Marvel.com has some more quotes from the cast and crew in the link I added above. Also, some artwork for Iron Heart.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,285 6
A Valid Location
I find it kind of interesting "Heart of Iron" will be 44 minutes long, and it's the first project of this franchise not written by Mairghread Scott.

These should be fun. I presume more might be revealed this weekend at Comic-Con, maybe even a premiere date, if they plan on airing them this year and not wait until 2019. Going by these new titles, I wonder if they have plans for other characters later on.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,871 9
I was wondering when Ironheart was gonna make her animation debut. And it's her new design. :)
Given how I love the characters I've never seen before (like America Chavez and Exile), I think this special will make me like Ironheart too.
I find it kind of interesting "Heart of Iron" will be 44 minutes long, and it's the first project of this franchise not written by Mairghread Scott.

These should be fun. I presume more might be revealed this weekend at Comic-Con, maybe even a premiere date, if they plan on airing them this year and not wait until 2019. Going by these new titles, I wonder if they have plans for other characters later on.
1. They probably want some fresh talent floating around so as to keep things interesting. Though I figured Marsha Griffin would've been more involved since she's one of the producers, and is very prominent in Marvel animation.

2. I predict the Ghost Spider special air will sometime between the end of this month and the beginning of next month. The Ironheart special will most likely get an early winter release date, like mid-December to early January.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,808 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Marvel announced 2 more Marvel Rising animated Specials!

More details about their premieres will be announced later. The article on Marvel.com has some more quotes from the cast and crew in the link I added above. Also, some artwork for Iron Heart.
I was wondering what the plans were for continuing Marvel Rising, and new specials sound pretty cool (and probably more doable for the voice cast then a full-on TV show) :cool:.

It's nice to see them finally addressing and concluding Gwen's storyline since that was a pretty glaring omission in the movie. Although does it still make sense for her to be mistaken for a foe at this point :confused:?

It's cool to see Amanda C. Miller get a fairly major role in a Marvel animation. I know she voiced a few characters in the Marvel Heroes online game :).

I had a feeling Ironheart would make her animated debut in something like this, since it feels like the kind of work that would incorporate her ;).

Mick Wingert returning as Iron Man is a surprise, since I wasn't sure we'd see any of the main cartoon VA's other then Khavari as Ms. Marvel pop up in this (they already recast for Carol). It's nice to see them appearing and acknowledging his connection to Riri :).

I wonder if as a rule we should expect every other hero to have their same VA in the event that they guest star in this? Maybe Robbie Daymond is still Spider-Man :p?

"Melanie Minichino as A.M.I." I'm guessing that's Riri's friend? I was almost half-expecting her to be playing Anya :rolleyes2:.
I was wondering when Ironheart was gonna make her animation debut. And it's her new design. :)
Though as always I think we should temper our expectations when it comes to promo art for Marvel cartoons :sweat:.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,871 9
It's nice to see them finally addressing and concluding Gwen's storyline since that was a pretty glaring omission in the movie. Although does it still make sense for her to be mistaken for a foe at this point :confused:?

Mick Wingert returning as Iron Man is a surprise, since I wasn't sure we'd see any of the main cartoon VA's other then Khavari as Ms. Marvel pop up in this (they already recast for Carol). It's nice to see them appearing and acknowledging his connection to Riri :).

I wonder if as a rule we should expect every other hero to have their same VA in the event that they guest star in this? Maybe Robbie Daymond is still Spider-Man :p?

"Melanie Minichino as A.M.I." I'm guessing that's Riri's friend? I was almost half-expecting her to be playing Anya :rolleyes2:.

1. Well, only Miss Marvel, Squirrel Girl, and Quake know that she's innocent. No one else does.

2. Captain America appeared near the end of the movie, with Roger Craig Smith reprising the role. Having Mick Wingert as Iron Man is not surprising.

3. Perhaps any Avengers outside of the titular team that appear will have their Avengers Assemble VA's reprise their roles. For example, if Black Widow appeared, Laura Bailey would most likely voice her.

4. If Anya made at least a cameo, she could reprise her role.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,516 4
177A Bleecker Street
Gwen's inclusion in Heart of Iron makes me think she'll be part of the team by then.

The way they're handling the shorts/specials is reminding me of the CW Seed model but I guess it's how Disney has handled a few more of their short series (Wicked World, Lego Marvel, etc), where it can be released as shorts or as a special.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,285 6
A Valid Location
Maybe it's just because both Specials were announced at the same time, but I am kind of reminded of their Hulk Vs feature from almost a decade ago. Both are like an OVA series or whatever you want to call it, feature some of the same characters, etc. Admittedly, Hulk Vs. kind of used different art styles for each story, and they were each a little longer than these upcoming Marvel Rising projects.

I also wonder if they might keep them, or at least "Chasing Ghosts", to air alongside the return of Marvel's Spider-Man. The first part of Ghost-Spider's story aired after the mid-Season finale, after all. Obviously I could be wrong about this, but who can tell for sure anymore.