Is Nick/Viacom Done With TMNT?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Of course this WOULD happen to the first decent Turtles project in over a decade. Be as horrible as the 2012 series, you get five seasons. Be as awful as the Bay film and you get a sequel. Be as awesome as this show and you get pulled. It's all so unfair.

homeofthebadguys

Apparently, more of the "Turtles" runs on Pluto than on actual Nick cablecasts proper. Then again, Nick seems to be interested in making game shows and running Spongebob along with The Loud House instead.

Be as awesome as this show and you get pulled. It's all so unfair.
That's just the way that business in the television industry runs.
Then again, pay-TV (and yes, cable and satellite in the U.S. are 80% paid services sold to consumers) is generally floundering due to people either subscribing to VoD services or choosing to stick with the air and free services online. People are made of bone, meat and flesh, not money.
Out of every pay-TV sub, a good chunk of them seem to want the locals that are in the area to begin with, which leads to that conclusion.

Reactions: RDG

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
You probably already know that most airings of Rise of the TMNT (and the Sun. 10a hour of TMNT 2012) has already been replaced by a LOT of Paradise Run airings, so now the show only airs Saturdays 2:30p-4p (and Rise of the TMNT has already been replaced by Breadwinners on Mondays).

However...

If it does happen, they'll likely put them in a deathslot again

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
You probably already know that most airings of Rise of the TMNT (and the Sun. 10a hour of TMNT 2012) has already been replaced by a LOT of Paradise Run airings, so now the show only airs Saturdays 2:30p-4p (and Rise of the TMNT has already been replaced by Breadwinners on Mondays).

However...

Likely

Moe

However...

That why I'm no longer need Nick channels after they trashed TMNT and it was my childhood favorite show. Nicktoons isn't great channel anymore, unlike first launched in 2002.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
That why I'm no longer need Nick channels after they trashed TMNT and it was my childhood favorite show. Nicktoons isn't great channel anymore, unlike first launched in 2002.
Nicktoons was a crummy channel from the start. I'm pretty sure they always intended it to be Nickelodeon's dumping ground for cartoons that aren't SpongeBob. If you ask me, Nickelodeon should've never launched the channel, but because Nickelodeon is such a scumbag corporation, they did it anyway.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Nicktoons was a crummy channel from the start. I'm pretty sure they always intended it to be Nickelodeon's dumping ground for cartoons that aren't SpongeBob. If you ask me, Nickelodeon should've never launched the channel, but because Nickelodeon is such a scumbag corporation, they did it anyway.
Yes, and I’m sure Boomerang was always meant to be a dumping ground, too,

Moe

Interesting, I used to love Nickelodeon when I was kid in 90s but I start to dislike very much after 2000s even same goes with Disney Channel in the past after they almost abandoned cartoons until they start to re-introduce more cartoons on main channel. Cartoon Network didn't went downhill until late 2000s.

I do think that TNMT writers and creators need go on strike to force Nickeldeon to sell TMNT properties to other beloved network or shut Nicktoons channel down and air on main channel for 2 hours everyday.

Yes, and I’m sure Boomerang was always meant to be a dumping ground, too,

What about Toon Disney/Jetix and Disney XD?

At first start, Boomerang was channel to re-run all of Saturday morning cartoons and it was ads free but became dumping ground with ads supported added.

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

SpongeBob, Loud House/Casagrandes OR PAW Patrol; and while I wouldn't go that far as to call them scumbags, they pretty much HAVE gone downhill due to their overreliance on those shows

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Except I believe the Spongebob overexposure happened after the movie came out since it was originally going to end after season three, which is why Hillenburg decided to depart from his position as showrunner though continued to be involved with the show until his death when season four was greenlit and I don't really think Nicktoons was always intended to be the dumping ground for that. Same with Boomerang and Disney XD and I'm not sure scumbag is the right word to describe them.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I don’t agree. Nicktoons started out as a vault channel similar to Toon Disney which aired tons of cartoons from their library most of which are older shows that are no longer in production so the main channel could focus more on the current shows. It had a handful of original shows and interstitial shorts and gave better treatment to acquired shows than on main Nick. It was basically a premium Nick but geared to animation fans. They did dump a few Nicktoons in the 2000’s but that’s not what it was originally intended.

Later on they really treated it as a dumping ground for their lesser known Nicktoons especially since they no longer have the variety they used to. They are definitely crummy now especially compared to the variety streaming services have now.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
It had a handful of original shows
Yeah, right... all of their "original" shows are owned by other distributors...Kappa Mikey is distributed by CAKE Distribution, The Secret Show is distributed by BBC Studios, Wild Grinders and Zevo-3 are distributed by Splash Entertainment, etc.
I'm not sure scumbag is the right word to describe them.
Well, it sure is the right word to describe Viacom...

Moe

I don’t agree. Nicktoons started out as a vault channel similar to Toon Disney which aired tons of cartoons from their library most of which are older shows that are no longer in production so the main channel could focus more on the current shows. It had a handful of original shows and interstitial shorts and gave better treatment to acquired shows than on main Nick. It was basically a premium Nick but geared to animation fans. They did dump a few Nicktoons in the 2000’s but that’s not what it was originally intended.

Later on they really treated it as a dumping ground for their lesser known Nicktoons especially since they no longer have the variety they used to. They are definitely crummy now especially compared to the variety streaming services have now.

Yeah, right... all of their "original" shows are owned by other distributors...Kappa Mikey is distributed by CAKE Distribution, The Secret Show is distributed by BBC Studios, Wild Grinders and Zevo-3 are distributed by Splash Entertainment, etc.

Well, it sure is the right word to describe Viacom...

Exactly, that what I thought but Nicktoons did air some acquired programmings like Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain right after launched in 2002, along with all Nicktoons from 90s and early 2000s. The quality of Nicktoons channel went downhill by mid 2000s when they started to remove 90s cartoons, introduce live action shows and become dumping grounds for any shows that don't get popular rating that match SpongeBob's rating.

Back in 2002, I loved Toon Disney, Boomerang and Nicktoons on cable TV and it was awesome at that time so now, I'm frowned at that, especially Nicktoons. Disney XD and Boomerang are OK but not great as like in 2002. Toon Disney went ignored after they introduced Jetix but Jetix was supposed to air as separate channel, not invade Toon Disney to remove favorite Disney cartoon programmings and replace with Jetix so Jetix block got longer until eventually became Disney XD.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
The most recent reboot was a failure, plain and simple.

I doubt they are done with it. They own the IP, so it's theirs. It will probably go into hibernation for a while as things often do until they come up with a new way to repackage it down the line.

Don't see how this was a superior product to the 2012 series, which clearly had a lot of care and effort put into it.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The most recent reboot was a failure, plain and simple.

I doubt they are done with it. They own the IP, so it's theirs. It will probably go into hibernation for a while as things often do until they come up with a new way to repackage it down the line.

Don't see how this was a superior product to the 2012 series, which clearly had a lot of care and effort put into it.
2012 was utter garbage. This show is not perfect by any means, but the idea that the producers of 2012 actually put effort into their terrible scripts is a sick joke. It was one of the very worst cartoons of the entire decade. Bottom ten for sure.

And yeah, you're right, this show failed. Which bothers me because it was decent, and tried to do something fresh and new with the at this point tired concept, and Nick treated it like crap for it. 2012 wasn't as bad as it wound up getting during its first season either, so who knows if this show would have similarly gotten worse? But I resent the fact that it won't get the chance to prove itself after the hot mess of 2012 was allowed season after season to repeatedly destroy the concept, the characters, and the viewer's trust. I'm still pissed about it.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
2012 was utter garbage. This show is not perfect by any means, but the idea that the producers of 2012 actually put effort into their terrible scripts is a sick joke. It was one of the very worst cartoons of the entire decade. Bottom ten for sure.

And yeah, you're right, this show failed. Which bothers me because it was decent, and tried to do something fresh and new with the at this point tired concept, and Nick treated it like crap for it. 2012 wasn't as bad as it wound up getting during its first season either, so who knows if this show would have similarly gotten worse? But I resent the fact that it won't get the chance to prove itself after the hot mess of 2012 was allowed season after season to repeatedly destroy the concept, the characters, and the viewer's trust. I'm still pissed about it.

Alright then. You have to be honest with what you like and don't like.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts