Nickelodeon acquires 1987 TMNT series.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
During the forum shutdown, Nickelodeon acquired the rights to all 193 episodes of the original TMNT series, which started airing in July.

A handful of episodes can be streamed now on Nick's website, and the show airs weeknights at 9PM on NickToons.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Paramount Global should acquire the first four films and The Next Mutation so everything Turtles is under one roof.

kanc

TMNT 1987, only 5 episodes are on nick.com and on demand. So i think two seasons might come on paramount plus in September, maybe later it could possibly come to pluto totally turtles.

Also TMNT 2003 5 episodes were already on nick.com and on demand

Moe

After Nick bought '87 TMNT show and Lionsgate version of '87 TMNT got delisted on iTunes, Amazon, Vudu and other digital stores and Paramount re-released first seasons of '87 TMNT on digital stores. It is not known when 3rd to 10th seasons will be released.

Fortunately, I bought '87 TMNT on iTunes years ago, prior to delist and couple episodes from Amazon because iTunes missed two episodes.

so, this means nick got the 1987 tmnt cartoon?, if so, that's great news!
Yes, actually Paramount own it now and until July 2023, Fred Wolf owned it and Lionsgate had distribution rights for DVD and digital releases.

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
I been watching alot of the episodes as they aired them on the Totally Turtles channel on Pluto tv. I have to say the video masters that Paramount got for alot of the episodes looks better then what we got on the dvd release. Since I notice alot of the Season 3 and 4 episodes looked pretty much way better on the Totally Turtles channel then on the dvd releases.

Moe

I been watching alot of the episodes as they aired them on the Totally Turtles channel on Pluto tv. I have to say the video masters that Paramount got for alot of the episodes looks better then what we got on the dvd release. Since I notice alot of the Season 3 and 4 episodes looked pretty much way better on the Totally Turtles channel then on the dvd releases.
The DVD version of '87 TMNT (2018 rerelease - purple case and 2012 release with Turtle Van) are Lionsgate prints. Lionsgate prints in digital version looks slightly degrade, compared to DVD version.

There is no doubt that Paramount is going to rerelease DVD version with new prints that is same quality seen in Totally Turtles and Nicktoons, along with digital versions (they already released first and second season).

I'm waiting for Paramount to release whole seasons and sold as complete series with possibly HD version so I will definitely buy and hide all of Lionsgate prints.

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
I haven't really decided yet if I'm going to rebuy the series again, if Paramount does a new release. Since for the first three seasons I got the individual volumes (a.k.a Volumes 1 - 6), then got the Season 4 - 6 boxsets. It wasn't until like when Out of the Shadows came out that I went and got the remaining for seasons, when Walmart had Season 7 - 10 as double packs.

• Informative
Reactions: Moe

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Cool one of the most famous action cartoons of all time is out of streaming limbo. Due to infantile amnesia, I barely remember the skies seasons. Being born in the early 90s, I missed the bulk of this show when it was new.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I know Nick will probably never even consider this but honestly next year for the official TMNT 40th anniversary they should run a marathon of all four shows throughout the week. The 193 of the original 87, 155 (or if you count the bonus episode 156) of 2003 (plus Turtles Forever), 124 of 2012 and 39 of Rise of the TMNT plus it's movie. Even if it was just on Nicktoons that'd be a great way to celebrate the legacy of this franchise Nick obviously fully owns so why not show it off as much as possible?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Amazon Prime now has Season 7 of "original Ninja Turtles" added to their line-up. So now they have Seasons 1, 2, 4, and 7. I'm not sure why they're adding them in this fashion. I just want them to add Season 3 next!

Also, Paramount Plus now has Seasons 1 and 2 of "original Ninja Turtles". Looks like these are slowly being added to Amazon Prime and Paramount Plus.

Majin_Megabyte

Ice Witch
Yeah, I been watching 87 Turtles on Paramount+ as well watching it on the dvds. I'm currently at the beginning portion of Season 2 (I just watch Case of the Killer Pizza.). So far I have to say for alot of the video quality that Paramount looks real better then the liongate dvds. I noticed that when I caught The Turtle Terminator episode last night on Pluto tv.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I wish they had remastered this instead of producing a new one. The 2012 show was terrible.

There's room for new interpretations of old franchises. Lots of people liked 2012 and Rise. They can co-exist along with the original cartoon.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Kabosu may have passed, but her legacy is immortal. Legends never die. Thank you, Kabosu. May you fly high.
I like the Tralfaz blog (it’s a good source for information about classic cartoon even though I disagree with plenty of the writer’s (Yowp) opinions and sometimes feel like he’s a stereotypical boomer) but I’ve never really liked this post about A Cartoonist’s Nightmare: Special Appearance by Bob Clampett
Darn it I haven’t posted A Classic Toonzone Moment in a while, so here’s #4

At the TTTP on January 24, 2003, people discuss the unaired Toonheads episode, The Best of the Worst Cartoons Ever: Toonheads: The Worst Cartoons Ever
Shiloh Otter wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
what's really bad is that Butch Hartman isn't even the worst creator of a show I've ever dealt with online. Doug TenNapel, I'm looking at you.
I’m afraid I won’t live to see the release of the complete series DVD of Dexter’s Laboratory.

Featured Posts