Mejo
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Speaking as a Gumby fan myself…WHY does Gumby look like that. He looks weak. I thought that that style of drawing would have been dead by now.

Wait…the studio that’s making this is Bento Box?

Ah. That explains it.
    Mejo
    Mejo
    As you can tell by my post, I ain’t a fan of Bento Box. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve done wonderful stuff (that Bob’s Burger’s film and the Amazon Hazbin Hotel series for one).
    Mejo
    Mejo
    But realistically, there’s a fat chance in hell that the people who animated such gems as Allen Gregory, Bordertown, Paradise PD, Brickleberry, The Prince and Hoops will be able to understand the greatness of Gumby.
    Mejo
    Mejo
    Also considering what I’ve heard about how they treat their animators (from people FAR more knowledgeable about the subject than I am)…oof.
    I like the Tralfaz blog (it’s a good source for information about classic cartoon even though I disagree with plenty of the writer’s (Yowp) opinions and sometimes feel like he’s a stereotypical boomer) but I’ve never really liked this post about A Cartoonist’s Nightmare: Special Appearance by Bob Clampett
    Reactions: Low Spark of Lyman
    Mejo
    Mejo
    Really odd how he choose this Jack King Looney Tunes short to pick on when there were much better example’s he could have choosen (Buddy Steps Out anybody?).
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Just want to say that Buddy of the Apes was by Ben Hardaway (his directorial debut at WB), not Jack King.
    Mejo
    Mejo
    You’re absolutely right Lyman. This is what happens when I rely on my memory and forget to check. I’ve edited it now.
    Darn it I haven’t posted A Classic Toonzone Moment in a while, so here’s #4

At the TTTP on January 24, 2003, people discuss the unaired Toonheads episode, The Best of the Worst Cartoons Ever: Toonheads: The Worst Cartoons Ever
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Low Spark of Lyman
    Not to be confused with "The Worst Cartoons Ever!", a presentation by Jerry Beck which focused on early TV cartoons (Mighty Mister Titan, Captain Fathom, Sir Gee Whiz, the Sam Singer shows). That one got a DVD release in 2007 by Rembrandt Films (of 1960s Popeye and Tom and Jerry infamy).
    Peter Paltridge
    Peter Paltridge
    Ah, I remember how picky the tastes were of the folks on that board. If anything wasn't specifically Looney Tunes produced between 1939 and 1962 it was rubbish. I just stayed away from that bunch.
    Peter Paltridge
    Peter Paltridge
    I remember a post though where someone said "What would you do if you saw a Looney Tunes short that started like THIS?" and someone had posted Lola Bunny's face inside the rings. Then there was a second one with Scooby-Doo there. It was hilarious what worked as ragebait.
    And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
    And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #2

On the TTTP on June 9, 2003, Candy17 gives a comment about how a random 1952 Looney Tune is secretly a metaphor for interactions between the white and black race (naturally, some of the comments share the same reaction as you probably have right now): "Thumb Fun" and Racial Relations
    Starting a new series of posts on here: A Classic Toonzone Moment.

In this series, I'm going to showcase old TZ threads that I find funny, crazy or interesting.

For the first one...At the TTTP on June 7, 2003, Tom41 tells us about his "The Big Snooze" dream and gets a pretty dumb comment: Classic cartoon-related dreams
    Pooky
    Pooky
    Just wait until you stumble upon Waggytoon
    Reactions: Mejo
    Mejo
    Mejo
    Ah Waggytoon. I Just Don't Understand Why He Was Banned.
    Reactions: Pooky
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts