Duck Dodgers "Bonafide Hero: Captain Duck Dodgers" (Series Finale) Talkback SPOILERS

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Yes, it's sad, but true. Tonight will be the final episode of Duck Dodgers.:( Like the last few eps, I won't know what this ep will be about until I see it tonight. I just hope it's good.:(

I'm gonna miss this show. I thought a lot of the eps were pretty good. I'll definately miss the lovely Martian Queen.:crying: She was hot! I also loved the way she sang in that "Talent Show" ep.

For 3 seasons, good show while it lasted.:(

Tanooki

Supplexing disease since 1982.
oh man. this was like the only non-adult swim cartoon that i actually liked. shoot...

Shift

Brave Warrior of the Sea
What tha?! Since when have they been airing DD? Or is it only on the Boomerang channel, which I don't have?

StageMystic

This episode aired a couple of weeks ago in Canada. (It's all over the place up here, "In Space..." eppie hasn't even run yet!) I enjoyed it. Marvin's such a cutie!:marvin: Stick around through the credits, there's some fun stuff! I can't believe the show's been cancelled, I just discovered it! :crying: Now where am I going to get my Marvin the Martian fix? And the Queen was such a fun character. The show probably won't be revived but it would be fun to see a straight to DVD movie...or something. At the very least I hope the series goes to DVD. Ah well, maybe I'll just write some of my own stories and throw them up on Fanfiction. Enjoy the show folks!

Martiangirl

Because Earth is so overrated
Well, at least this last episode gave some closure. Though why Bigfoot is in jail, I haven't the foggiest.
I'm definitely going to miss Marvin and Tyr'ahnee:crying: (they finally spelled her name). If CN doesn't revive this show in 2-3 years, they should at least put the seasons and the movie/promo Bob Bergen voiced on DVD!
The bit with the Happy Cat clock was hilarious!:D I also loved all the fun facts they put about everyone. And I got to see Marv's singing talents for the second time. :anime:
I hope WB decides to put Ty in the lineup as a regular new LT member now. Instead of shoving her into the background with the rest of the Tazmania crew. Why should Lola be the only babe around? At least Ty has a personality.
StageMystic, if you get around to writing those stories, you should post them on Fanfiction.net. They have a new Duck Dodgers community section under Looney Tunes. I'll be keeping an eye out for you!;)

StageMystic

Thanks Martiangirl! Are you the Martiangirl who wrote 'Cash, Dash and a Wedding Bash' on Fanfiction.net? It was great! Very true to the characters and the style of the show. I've got a few ideas. I'll try to get some stories up soon! ;) Oh and I agree about the Queen. The LT line up seriously needs a "femme fatale" type!:D

Martiangirl

Yeah, actually I did write that. Glad you liked it. Looking forward to see your own stories up! :anime:

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
I felt this wasn't too bad of a way to wrap up the series. It was good seeing a few characters from Season 3 one more time.:) Marvin singing WAS hilarious!:p Oh, and Joe Alaskey's & Bob Bergen's drawings were pretty good, IMO.:)

Plus, I loved how the entire animated cast helped Porky say "That's All Folks!" at the end of the closing credits.:D I will sorely miss The Martian Queen!:crying:

I give this ep 4 stars! Nice job!:)

Aww man.It was a good show..Yet funny at some points.Hopefuly they'll make another series or differnt show with Duck Dodgers and other Duck Dodger characters. :anime::(

Jasmine_G.

Your'e Dethpicable!
Oh man! I sooo hope they make a movie!
I've been wondering for a while what those clips were at the beggining theme song. I've seen them on Bob Bergen's site, in the Behind the Scenes clip; but I'm still wondering what they're for... Could it be a movie? Or maybe something for a 4th season!?!:D

Martiangirl

Those clips were from a mini-movie Bob Bergen voiced as a promotion for Duck Dodgers. He was pitching the idea of a Duck Dodgers movie for a while before the studio finally decided to make a TV series instead.
I would have loved to see the original promo aired, or divided into episodes for a 4th season!:D

Maybe if us fans keep writing to Cartoon Network, they might consider doing it, instead of canning the show.

Bunai

ShakeIT, BakeIT, BootyQuake IT
:crying: i haven't been able see any new eps or old eps of DD in the last 5 months...
i didn't know when it was coming on. i was use to it being on Friday or Saturday...
now that anime took over...:sad: i can't figure out the sechdule for CN toons anymore.

i really loved this show it was funny XD like adult humor. and Porky was so freakin cute! XD it will be luck if CN or Warner or whoever runs the place, will make a DD movie to finalize the show.

Bob Bergen

Clarification

Martiangirl said:
Those clips were from a mini-movie Bob Bergen voiced as a promotion for Duck Dodgers. He was pitching the idea of a Duck Dodgers movie for a while before the studio finally decided to make a TV series instead.
I would have loved to see the original promo aired, or divided into episodes for a 4th season!:D

Maybe if us fans keep writing to Cartoon Network, they might consider doing it, instead of canning the show.
Actually, this wasn't something I myself was pitching. This was being developed by Tony Cervone and Spike Brandt, who are also the producers of the series Duck Dodgers. Originally they'd wanted to make a Duck Dodgers feature and asked me to lend a voice to the characters for the movie pitch. It was a really cool idea, and the "mini movie" as you called it is a lot of fun! Who knows?? Maybe something will come of it! And you are right about letters!! The networks take letters to heart! Afterall, they want to please thier audience.

Martiangirl

Bob Bergen said:
Actually, this wasn't something I myself was pitching. This was being developed by Tony Cervone and Spike Brandt, who are also the producers of the series Duck Dodgers. Originally they'd wanted to make a Duck Dodgers feature and asked me to lend a voice to the characters for the movie pitch. It was a really cool idea, and the "mini movie" as you called it is a lot of fun! Who knows?? Maybe something will come of it! And you are right about letters!! The networks take letters to heart! Afterall, they want to please thier audience.
Thanks for the correction. I really hope to see that feature you all did one day! Maybe on a DVD release as an extra bonus. It would be great if it was actually made into a movie!:D

Well, everyone you heard Mr. Bergen. We have to continue getting those letters in!

Mr. Joker

Batman, the real nutcase
New here, man I just started watching Duck Dodgers in July. I knew about Dodgers from the old Loony Tunes episode of Marvin, Porky, and Daffy team ups. I did not about the untill July, but from what I have seen it's awesome.

I got an question about the series, I know Sam, Taz, and Fudd were in an episode, but was Bugs in any?

Batman91

Mr. Joker said:
New here, man I just started watching Duck Dodgers in July. I knew about Dodgers from the old Loony Tunes episode of Marvin, Porky, and Daffy team ups. I did not about the untill July, but from what I have seen it's awesome.

I got an question about the series, I know Sam, Taz, and Fudd were in an episode, but was Bugs in any?
SorryBugs was never in the series,but he is mentioned quite a few times.

Martiangirl

Batman91 said:
SorryBugs was never in the series,but he is mentioned quite a few times.
He was mentioned twice that I remember. In "Hurray for Hollywood Planet" when he was mentioned as the star of "Duck Dodgers the Movie" in the end. A Martian rabbit that was running away from being shot by Marvin in "K-9 Quarry" spoke (in subtitles) that she now knew why Bugs turned down that particular cameo. Dodgers also wore Bugs Bunny slippers in "Bonafide Heroes"

Mr. Joker

Batman, the real nutcase
Thanks.

I do hope there's an Duck Dodger movie one day and I wish the show did not get canned.

Martiangirl

Mr. Joker said:
I do hope there's an Duck Dodger movie one day and I wish the show did not get canned.
Where there's a will, there's a way. And there's always hope (I know I sound overly optimistic, but still). I keep saying, send in those letters and mail them to CN to let them know what you want. This is the address I found (in case anyone missed it on the other thread)

Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, GA 30318

Like Mr. Bergen said, the executives actually do read letters (although, they hardly pay attention to internet petitions. That is my own little add in ;)) So, if you 're really sad to see Duck Dodgers go by the wayside, write to them and let them know. Hey, if they can ressurrect Baby Looney Tunes (God only knows why they did) after a 3 year hiatus, then anything's possible!

P.S. See the first line of my signature for a bit of inspiration.:D

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts