Elsbeth Series Talkback (Spoilers)

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
"Elsbeth" is a spinoff from "The Good Wife" and "The Good Fight" taking a character Elsbeth Tascioni who was an attorney in Chicago, bringing her to New York City under the idea she's there to monitor the police department after some bad arrests were made.

I wasn't a "Good Wife" or "Good Fight" watcher, but I was interested in this series so I watched the first episode and loved it. The first time I see Elsbeth I loved the series. I was also happy to hear one didn't have to watch those to understand this one, so that's good. The Show does it more like Columbo , but I do feel there's a slight splash of Murder, She Wrote in it, but in Columbo sense of where the episodes start with the murder and we know how and who did it. That means the episodes when Elsbeth shows up is she has to figure out who or she might guess who did it , but has to figure out how to connect that person to the act.

I like Elsbeth's character, she's quirky without being too much, and her interactions have been fun, especially with the persons who did the act. This is kind of in my wheel house as like these kind of more lighter comedy-drama type shows more than the harder shows like Law and Order etc.

Show airs on CBS and on Paramount Plus.

"Pilot"- Episode felt breezy, like the first minutes where we see the murder set up and the act done, then Elsbeth showing up didn't feel like 15 minutes. Elsbeth shows up 10 minutes in and she's charming and quirky. I do like how she figures out the murderer being the college theater director (which again the viewer sees at the start) he figures out that she knows too and it becomes a cat and mouse game. I liked how , again this is where I get Murder, She Wrote feelings, because Elsbeth is able to talk to people to get information but makes it feel like a warm chat from a friend. The clues were well done and made sense and good to follow along with as well. Also I liked Carra Patterson's character , Kaya, the police officer that gets assigned to Elsbeth duty. I like how she's willing to work along with her, makes for a nice team up. This show has a small main cast so there will only be 3 regulars it seems. 9/10 start.

A Classic New York Character- They got Linda Lavin and Jane Krakowski for an episode together. They got Linda Lavin and kill her off. This one Elsbeth has to prove that Gloria's (Lavin) son didn't kill her and I did find the idea of it being more than one killer a little much, the motive made some sense, and the twist at the end of why Gloria didn't want to allow a sell of an apartment was a real twist surprise I wasn't expecting that be a thing more than a starting thing. Also, I hope Oprah was mentioned just to connect Elsbeth being from Chicago. Also, Elsbeth is not here to be a detective so we get the end of the episode where she gets a phone call to make sure she checks up on the police chief if he's doing anything corrupt. 7/10.

Reality Shock- Makes fun of reality shows. Jesse Tyler Ferguson gets to be our murderer this episode, he was pretty good at it. I stopped watching "Modern Family" after season 5, and apparently the only other thing I've watched him was a show with Martha Stewart that also got wiped from existence from the Discovery wipeout of 2022. He was fun in this episode. This one felt very Murder She Wrote, like how Skippy (Ferguson) had done everything to make it look an accident and making his alibi a really hard one to crack, but Elsbeth finally getting a clue to prove it wasn't that air tight was great, and how they caught him out felt that way too. 7/10.

Yes, three episodes are out, they did on on 29 February and 2 on 4 March. I do wonder if anyone here has also seen it, would love to see some thoughts on it from others.

SanaaDean

Banned
Each episode of Elsbeth is a thrilling adventure with unpredictable plot twists that keep the viewer on the edge of their seats until the very end, and Elsbeth Tascioni's unique character gives the series a freshness and originality that makes it compelling to watch.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I make Elsbeth thread, then I don't post in it when episodes come out, and doesn't elaborate.
Well Ear for an Ear (4/25) was interesting for running plot of the police Captain being investigated and it seems that me might not be the guy that they want. I like that how they are doing one off mysteries they use the underlying reason that Elsbeth is there to get there. I kind of like that it's not Wagner, he's a great character and they are making me like him , so I would have been kind of sad.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts