Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

zoombie

The Shut-In

This was a good Halloween episode, first of all go to be back in Wartwood.

I loved "Phone-Mo", it is something I always wanted to see, our frog pals as humans. And one of them was gender flipped. Does that mean Trig has a same sex crush on Brodie? I guess I am thinking too much into that. Anyway it was a good story, nice take on the cursed video tape trope.

"Dead in" is a typical Hop Pop story, I could totally see that happening to him. The grim ripper appearing and Hop Pop being dense for a while, that is so Hop Pop. Loved the casting of the grim reaper.

"Skin Deep", maybe the weakest of the three stories, but I liked it. Great to see Ivy again. Granted we skipped an episode, so the proper of all these Westward characters already happened, but still.

The ending, I am pretty sure it is non canon, monster Polly is not going to be mentioned again.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I gotta say, I really love Amphibia. I remember back in 2018, during the time Disney Channel celebrated it's 35th anniversary, I remember being really excited for Amphibia (and Owl House as well) because the concept was so unique and integrating and I want to see more of it.

Then afterwards, Brenda Song came back, and I was even more excited because I do love her performance as London Tipton from Zack and Cody, one of my favorites Disney sitcoms from my childhood. Anne Boonchuy was basically the hip kid version of London, and I really love hearing her voice again ( though I wish she could said 'Yay Me' in the show, but what can ya do ? )

The characters are so likable, the animation is amazing, the storyline is really cool, and there are some episodes that are better than others, but they can really funny, enjoyable , and entertaining.

Can't wait to see what we had more in store for the rest of Season 2 and Season 3.

Now with all that said, The Halloween episode, The Shut In, is SO MUCH FUN! I loved this episode so much.

They are so many to love about it.

I'm not gonna lie, I actually do love Anne's story in this episode. Seeing the frog characters turning into humans is so cute. I really love their designs. Though, I would love to see more of them in a season 3 episode as a alternative universe dream or possibly as shorts cause that would be fun.

Hop Pop's story was pretty good, too. Though, I kinda groaned that Hop Pop wearing a toupee because it reminded me of a certain orange monster who shall not be named. George Tekai was pretty good as Mr Littlepot and I do like his sinister persona of him. Not to mention, it had some dark unexpected moments that does surprise me.

Sprig's story was pretty cute. It's great to see Ivy again(though I kinda disappointed that we didn't get to see her in human form in Anne's story but I digress). Wow, I gotta say, the frog skins and seeing the Skin frog monster did freaked me out. Plus, it's so adorable that Ivy kissed Sprig.

While Polly didn't have a story, but it has a unexpected twist. Especially with the ending. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Overall, it's a very fun episode. Definitely one of the best cartoon Halloween episode I've seen this year.

Now that this show will be taking a hiatus, I'm hoping for the rest of Season 2 will follow up about the box and answer so many questions on why Hop Pop hid it from Anne, will Anne make it back home in time along with Sasha and Marcy, why the box is such a mystery, and many more.

So that's my opinion on this. What do you think?

ShadowBeast

Weren't the stories suppose to actually happen? I can believe Hop--Pop's and Sprig's stories being true, but Anne's was definitely a complete lie.

I loved "Phone-Mo", it is something I always wanted to see, our frog pals as humans. And one of them was gender flipped. Does that mean Trig has a same sex crush on Brodie? I guess I am thinking too much into that. Anyway it was a good story, nice take on the cursed video tape trope.
Which one was gender flipped? Anna, Twig, Molly, Haddie and Broadie were all the same gender as their frog-counterparts(except Anna, who is human like Anne is). Broadie was a human version of Toadie, not Ivy.

Amphibia creator Matt Braly revealed the final 9 episode titles of Season 2 set to premiere sometime next year.

"Night Drivers; Return to Wartwood"
"Ivy on the Run; After the Rain"
"The First Temple"
"New Wartwood; Friend of Frobo?"
"Toad to Redemption; Maddie & Marcy"
"The Second Temple; Barrel's Warhammer"
"Bessie & Microangelo; The Third Temple"
"The Dinner; Battle of the Bands"
"True Colors"

ShadowBeast

Amphibia creator Matt Braly revealed the final 9 episode titles of Season 2 set to premiere sometime next year.

"The First Temple"
"True Colors"

These sound exciting.
"Toad Redemption" sounds like a Grime episode and I'm about 95% sure "True Colors" is about the Newtopia King.

StellaMagic

"The First Temple"
"True Colors"

Here is my guess as to what each episode will be about:

Night Drivers/ Return to Wartwood-Polly and Sprig volunteer to drive the Fwagon while Anne and Hop Pop get some shut-eye; The family returns to Wartwood but find that it has become a ghost town with signs of an attack.

Ivy on the Run/ After the Rain- Ivy escapes Toad Tower and joins with the Plantars; It is Round 2 of Anne vs. Sasha when we learn how they became friends

The First Temple-Anne uncovers a clue to the first temple and journeys there with the box.

New Wartwood; Friend or Frobo?-Wartwood has been rebuilt better than ever; The frog robot shows up as Sprig befriends it while uncovering the secrets of technology in Amphibia.

Toad to Redemption; Maddie & Marcy- Grime and Sasha do some soul-searching after their defeat. Maddie and Marcy finally meet when she comes to Wartwood.

The Second Temple; Barrels Warhammer-The Plantars journey to the next temple with the Box as Hop Pop develops a guilty conscience; Sprig uncovers a weapon that reveals a secret about a toad who knew his mom.

Bessie and MicroAngelo; The Third Temple- In a story from the Snail's POV, Bessie develops a mother-son relationship with MicroAngelo. With Marcy's help, they uncover the thrid temple, and Hop Pop tells the truth about the Box

The Dinner; Battle of the Bands- The Plantars have a celebratory feast with Andrias and the Toads; Each group has a battle of the bands to settle their racial rivalry.

True Colors- Secrets of the Box and King Andrias's true intentions will finally be revealed.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
New episodes return March 6. They air on Disney XD.

Screenshot_20210204-125520.png

Screenshot_20210204-124902.png

Screenshot_20210204-124910.png

Screenshot_20210204-124920.png

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

Featured Posts