"Batwheels" Animated Series News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
A new animated series focusing on Batmobiles and aimed at pre-schoolers will premiere on Cartoon Network and HBO Max.
The Batwheels are sentient superpowered crime-fighting vehicles defending Gotham City alongside Batman, Robin, Batgirl and a host of DC superheroes. Having just been created by the Batcomputer, our heroes are essentially kids with little to no life experience. Led by Bam (The Batmobile), the Batwheels – Bibi (The Batgirl Cycle), Red (The Redbird), Jett (The Batwing) and Buff (The Bat Truck) – must navigate the growing pains of being a newly formed super team as well as the growing pains that come with just being a kid. This relatable and aspirational series will follow the journey of this dynamic team as they thrill and entertain with their heroic adventures as well as demonstrate to kids the value of self-confidence, friendship and teamwork.
Batwheels is produced by Warner Bros Animation. Sam Register (Looney Tunes Cartoons) serves as executive producer. Michael G. Stern (Doc McStuffins) serves as co-executive producer, Simon J. Smith (Baymax Dreams) is supervising producer, and Steven Fink of Bang Zoom Ltd. is producer.
“Batwheels is the perfect show to headline our new foray into preschool,” said Tom Ascheim, President of Warner Bros. Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics. “I can’t wait for all the aspiring superheroes out there to meet this whole new batch of crime-fighters.”
Added Sam Register, President of Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios said: “From Batman: The Animated Series to Teen Titans Go!, superhero storytelling has definitely been one of our superpowers here at Warner Bros. Animation. We are so excited to bring that expertise over to the preschool space and take something that all kids love, cool vehicles, and give it a turbo boost with Batman.”

Comments?

Light Lucario

Staff member
The premise sounds so strange to me. Just the title alone kind of threw me off, but the image of Batman interacting with effectively robot cars is weird, especially if the Batwheels have faces like Pixar's Cars. It fits from a marketing perspective and I'm sure it will be easy to sell toys of the characters too, but it's just such a weird concept on its own.

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, I know children's shows based around sentient vehicles are pretty popular, but to be honest I never imagined it for a DC cartoon :sweat:.

It's kind of interesting that it sounds like the human heroes will still show up, so I'm kind of wondering if we'll see them in the flesh or like off-screen...and will the antagonists be villain vehicles :p?

"Battruck?" That's a new one. Somebody tell the Batboat :rolleyes2:.

Will the Invisible Jet make a guest appearance ;)?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Yeah, between Alfred getting his own live-action series and now this, the Teen Titans Go! to the Movies gag about everything Bat-related becoming a show is closer to becoming a reality.

The premise sounds decent enough and I will probably check this out but I don't really have any expectations. It could be fun and I suppose it will probably be popular with its target demographic.

Honestly the weirdest part of all this for me is that each Bat-vehicle has another, more personal name. :p

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, between Alfred getting his own live-action series and now this, the Teen Titans Go! to the Movies gag about everything Bat-related becoming a show is closer to becoming a reality.
In before we get an HBOMax show about Batman's utility belt :p.
Honestly the weirdest part of all this for me is that each Bat-vehicle has another, more personal name. :p
The question is if they named themselves or if their riders named them ;).

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Idk about you but this just sounds so stupid to me, it's actually pretty funny. The fact that CN will air it is even funnier. With this and We BABY Bears (which basically looks like Hamtaro) coming to the network next year, i'm starting to think they're trying to appeal to preschoolers again.

Because Tickle U and Big Bag were such big hits right?

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Will the Whirly-Bat appear? He could add some comedy relief to the show.

The Jokermobile (called "Jay" I would guess) might be a recurring foe. It would be kind of funny if Penguin tried sabotaging the Batwheels, something he has done before in other projects (i.e., Batman Returns, Batman TAS "The Mechanic").

Frontier

Staff member
Will the Whirly-Bat appear? He could add some comedy relief to the show.

The Jokermobile (called "Jay" I would guess) might be a recurring foe. It would be kind of funny if Penguin tried sabotaging the Batwheels, something he has done before in other projects (i.e., Batman Returns, Batman TAS "The Mechanic").
Oh man, the Whirly-Bat would be perfect for this :p.

I am kind of curious if we'll see some villain vehicles :evil:.

AdrenalineRush1996

If it airs in the UK, then it would air on Cartoonito, given that CN lacks a preschool sister channel or block in the US in comparison to Nickelodeon and Disney Channel.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
This seems cute and why shouldn't WB try and target the pre-school demographic?

I imagine they did some market research and discovered that this age range (particularly boys) love cars and anything to do with the Batmobile would be high on their list.

I am a little surprised they didn't pursue a Super-Friends style show, but I guess they are thinking outside of the box.

Road to Gotham

Perfect time to bring in the MothMobile to menace the Batmobile and Friends.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?