"SpongeBob Squarepants" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanc

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
You mean June 24.
He's from the U.K., so I'm guessing he was just writing it how they write it there.
And I'm surprised they're starting season 11 episodes at that date, there are few season 10 episodes left over after June month.
Although I don't think this would be the first time Nick started a new season of something before finishing another.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Although I don't think this would be the first time Nick started a new season of something before finishing another.

Actually, in the case of Spongebob, this has happened with every new season except for the fourth one.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
12 SEASONS?!

Nope I'm not going to say anything about this...

Besides I still sometimes enjoy the show & would hate to lose it when it eventually DOES end

SpongeBob has been a fixture of Nick for SO long the network would feel very weird without it

Then again we have all said the same about Rugrats & Nick has been doing just fine after that so who knows?

Last edited:

DeanBurrito25

Season 11 will feature fan favorite characters including: the mischievous pencil-drawing Doodle Bob; SpongeBob’s friend and creation Bubble Buddy; the super villain Man Ray; and Cave SpongeBob. :)
While I doubt that'll be enough to win back old time fans of the show, it's still a nice gesture, and I'd be interested in learning how those cameos will work in the context of the show, especially DoodleBob.

Personally, I think it'll be a little awkward to bring Mermaid Man back if we're going to see Man-Ray again considering that his voice actor Ernest Borgnine died years ago. Or maybe it'll just be Man-Ray by himself. We'll see.

I can imagine that Nick's going to go all out for the show's 20th anniversary. It certainly has felt like it's been that long.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
SpongeBob.jpg

Unreal Estate/Code Yellow
Airs June 3, 2017 at 10 A.M. on Nickelodeon.
When SpongeBob thinks he has an allergy to his pineapple, Squidward offers to help find him a new home; Squidward gets a nose job at the local hospital and SpongeBob tags along as moral support.​

Last edited:

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Unreal Estate - I liked this episode. I loved when they parodied the intro and I liked the various homes Squidward took SpongeBob too. I also like that Squidward got what was coming for him.

Code Yellow - I liked this one too. There was some stuff I could've done without, but I still enjoyed seeing the methods SpongeBob used on the patients.

kanc

In Unreal Estate, the intro parody reminds me of SpongeBob - Truth or Square has done similar, but that was for diff people, like Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Patrick which was funny

ToonsJazzLover

Unreal Estate
Written by Ben Gruber
Storyboard by Brian Morante, Adam Paloian (supervisor)
Animation director: Tom Yasumi

At first, I thought it was gonna be like a typical SpongeBob and Squidward episode. But to my expectations, that was actually pretty good, even for Ben Gruber's writing standards. He managed to write SpongeBob and Squidward in character, as in their old selves. Brian Morante did some pretty awesome drawings as well. The episode's humor is actually rather funny in a good way rather than being forced comedy for the sake of the plot. Squidward acted like a jerk who wanted to get rid of SpongeBob, but he does his punishment, therefore his abuse was justified, just like the ending to The Whole Tooth. The best part of the episode was definitely when they looking for a new house and we get to see three different parody of the theme song, complete with Pat Pinney reprising his role as Painty the Pirate while singing them. The ending was unexcepted but the whole neighborhood swap places. All in all, it was really fun episode with some good humor. Definitely Gruber's best script for SpongeBob. 8.5/10

Code Yellow
Written by Andrew Goodman
Storyboard by John Trabbic III
Supervising director: Dave Cunningham
Animation director: Tom Yasumi

I got a feeling this episode might not be well received to some people. Like Unreal Estate what I excepted is the usual stuff I seen nowadays in these SpongeBob/Squidward episodes and while it still had those elements, it managed to be more about that. Instead, they balanced the character focus kinda like the previous. This episode meets No Nose Knows but with Squidward doing a nose operation and I Had an Accident but with the butt surgery being involved for a little bit. Once again, both SpongeBob and Squidward feels like their own selves for most of the scenes. SpongeBob was a little annoying in a few scenes, but there were decent moments from him. Now there were a couple grossout that I didn't need to see, but it lasts briefly and doesn't take over the episode unlike certain season 6 episodes I will mention. Andrew Goodman is looking to be a good (pun intended) newer writer if he keep it up, although it wasn't his greatest script. 7.5/10

Mikurotoro92

Banned
Honestly did SBSP really need a musical?

Also they should have just used the songs from the show like Pokémon Live did

Zeether

HASSHA!!
The musical's been a thing since last year, hasn't it? Or is it just now opening?

Edit: Ah yeah, it was running in Chicago last summer. Also wow, Bowie was involved in the music...

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Steve Buscemi and Joe Pantoliano are guest starring in The Getaway, which airs this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts