Why Were Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo Moved Back To CN?

DHB8008

Both were supposed to air on Boomerang, but now they are airing on CN. Wabbit premieres today, and BCSD will air on October 5 on CN as seen in this promo:

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Sneak preview would be my guess. Turner and Warner Brothers just want as many people watching these original shows as possible.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Yeah, that's what I figured it was: a sneak preview/cross-promotion.

Also, the thread's title is a tad misleading: Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! haven't been moved back to CN, 'caused they were never announced as running on there in the first place. Heck, both shows were announced as Boomerang shows on this year's Upfront.

Last edited:

DHB8008

Yeah, that's what I figured it was: a sneak preview/cross-promotion.

Also, the thread's title is a tad misleading: Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! haven't been moved back to CN, 'caused they were never announced as running on there in the first place. Heck, both shows were announced as Boomerang shows on this year's Upfront.
Yes they were, they were at CN's 2014/15 upfront.

Also, I hope BCSD on CN isn't just a preview.

Skater

I too hope it's not just a preview. I don't have Boomerang...not to mention it's not HD.

Toon Master

Boomerang isn't in as many homes as Cartoon Network is. I understand that these shows are on Boomerang to create more interest for the channel and to get people to watch, but I feel like these shows have a better chance of failing because they're on a lesser-known network that isn't as widely available. Basically I'm not a big fan of the decision to air these shows on Boomerang.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
The people who don't have Boomerang can always watch the episodes online. Airing on a channel that's not yet widely available didn't seem to hurt My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

jaylop97

Staff member
Look both shows should at least air first on Boomerang then CN not first, seriously CN is doing anything to save themselves.

Ace

Ace
Maybe CN is airing both these shows on weekdays to counter Nickelodeon. I mean the ratings are in a rough patch right now and adding some new acquired shows based on previously successful franchises could do them some justice.

Daffyfan2002

$enior member
I'm glad you told me. I'll have to look for Wabbit and Scooby when I get a chance.

Looney Turtles

Look both shows should at least air first on Boomerang then CN not first, seriously CN is doing anything to save themselves.

Yeah, those shows airing new episodes on Boomerang first, with reruns airing on Cartoon Network seems to be the more logical choice to me.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
My guess is that these are merely promotional airings in order to get viewers to call their cable operator or satellite provider in order to start receiving Boomerang. As of this writing, Boomerang is only available in around 38% of all U.S. pay TV households, as opposed to around 82% for CN.

Lord Hater

Retired
My guess is that these are merely promotional airings in order to get viewers to call their cable operator or satellite provider in order to start receiving Boomerang. As of this writing, Boomerang is only available in around 38% of all U.S. pay TV households, as opposed to around 82% for CN.
It doesn't broadcast in HD either, so I hope that it gets a feed once more people subscribe.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
Maybe they're doing this to free up more Teen Titans Go! timeslots after people complained about the show taking up too much of the schedule, and I'm glad they're doing that.
Also, is it me, or do the Be Cool, Scooby Doo designs remind me of Family Guy?

Dynamite Soldier

Maybe they're doing this to free up more Teen Titans Go! timeslots after people complained about the show taking up too much of the schedule, and I'm glad they're doing that.
Not really. Teen Titans Go! airs at least 15 times a day (basically it's now airing every 2 hours on CN's schedule). What has Vishnu do about that? Make things worse.

And yeah, both shows are probably airing on CN first to help promote the recently-rebranded Boomerang (a channel not everyone has BTW). It's similar to what Disney Channel does with the Disney XD shows.

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
Actually, it jumped to 46% availability as of a July 1 Wall Street Journal article. It must have been due to the network being lowered to the 200 package by Dish Network.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/turner-enlists-bugs-bunny-scooby-doo-1435533482

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts