Why Were Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo Moved Back To CN?

Latest News & Videos

DHB8008

Sep 8, 2014
The World
Both were supposed to air on Boomerang, but now they are airing on CN. Wabbit premieres today, and BCSD will air on October 5 on CN as seen in this promo:

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonland
Yeah, that's what I figured it was: a sneak preview/cross-promotion.

Also, the thread's title is a tad misleading: Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! haven't been moved back to CN, 'caused they were never announced as running on there in the first place. Heck, both shows were announced as Boomerang shows on this year's Upfront.

Last edited:

DHB8008

Sep 8, 2014
The World
Yeah, that's what I figured it was: a sneak preview/cross-promotion.

Also, the thread's title is a tad misleading: Wabbit and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! haven't been moved back to CN, 'caused they were never announced as running on there in the first place. Heck, both shows were announced as Boomerang shows on this year's Upfront.
Yes they were, they were at CN's 2014/15 upfront.

Also, I hope BCSD on CN isn't just a preview.

Skater

Sep 13, 2015
I too hope it's not just a preview. I don't have Boomerang...not to mention it's not HD.

Toon Master

Mar 22, 2009
None
Boomerang isn't in as many homes as Cartoon Network is. I understand that these shows are on Boomerang to create more interest for the channel and to get people to watch, but I feel like these shows have a better chance of failing because they're on a lesser-known network that isn't as widely available. Basically I'm not a big fan of the decision to air these shows on Boomerang.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
Look both shows should at least air first on Boomerang then CN not first, seriously CN is doing anything to save themselves.

Wi-fi Calcium

Mar 1, 2011
United States
Maybe CN is airing both these shows on weekdays to counter Nickelodeon. I mean the ratings are in a rough patch right now and adding some new acquired shows based on previously successful franchises could do them some justice.

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
Apr 11, 2015
My guess is that these are merely promotional airings in order to get viewers to call their cable operator or satellite provider in order to start receiving Boomerang. As of this writing, Boomerang is only available in around 38% of all U.S. pay TV households, as opposed to around 82% for CN.

Lord Hater

Retired
Dec 29, 2014
My guess is that these are merely promotional airings in order to get viewers to call their cable operator or satellite provider in order to start receiving Boomerang. As of this writing, Boomerang is only available in around 38% of all U.S. pay TV households, as opposed to around 82% for CN.
It doesn't broadcast in HD either, so I hope that it gets a feed once more people subscribe.

mimitchi33

Bokura zettai akiramenai!
Jul 5, 2010
Maybe they're doing this to free up more Teen Titans Go! timeslots after people complained about the show taking up too much of the schedule, and I'm glad they're doing that.
Also, is it me, or do the Be Cool, Scooby Doo designs remind me of Family Guy?

Cartoon Ruler

Dec 11, 2011
Galloway, NJ
Maybe they're doing this to free up more Teen Titans Go! timeslots after people complained about the show taking up too much of the schedule, and I'm glad they're doing that.
Not really. Teen Titans Go! airs at least 15 times a day (basically it's now airing every 2 hours on CN's schedule). What has Vishnu do about that? Make things worse.

And yeah, both shows are probably airing on CN first to help promote the recently-rebranded Boomerang (a channel not everyone has BTW). It's similar to what Disney Channel does with the Disney XD shows.

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
Oct 7, 2014
Augusta, MD
Actually, it jumped to 46% availability as of a July 1 Wall Street Journal article. It must have been due to the network being lowered to the 200 package by Dish Network.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/turner-enlists-bugs-bunny-scooby-doo-1435533482

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

MMMM, These Jelly Doughnuts Are Great! - 4kids When They Killed Fox's SatAM Line-up.
Who would win in a fight: Mighty Mouse or Underdog?
Ready for Warmer Weather
Tacomaster wrote on LDEJRuff's profile.
Yo, I didn't know you were here
On Twitter you can find a lot of... interesting tweets. Like the one that says that Avatar the Last Airbender ruined animation....................................
............. I have no words.