"The Flash" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bat-Fan Beyond

THE FLASH
June 3rd, 2022
July 1st, 2022

March 16, 2018

Not confirmed yet, but the rumor is that Bradley Cooper will play Barry Allen in The Flash movie.

He was an original candidate to play Hal Jordan in the Green Lantern movie, before Ryan Reynolds got the part.

It's still way too premature to say anything positive about this or the Green Lantern movie, but for some reason I can actually see Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper as buddies -- which makes me open up to the possibility of them having good chemistry together as Hal and Barry if the producers ever pursue a Justice League movie -- The only question is... Can they actually play Hal and Barry? I'm not sure either are right for the roles. I guess we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jin Kazama

Hawkguy
Staff member
It's still way too premature to say anything positive about this or the Green Lantern movie, but for some reason I can actually see Ryan Reynolds and Bradley Cooper as buddies -- which makes me open up to the possibility of them having good chemistry together as Hal and Barry if the producers ever pursue a Justice League movie --

According to Geoff Johns, who's DC's Chief Creative Officer, they're not planning of having the movies connect, and have each movie be it's own thing. So if Cooper is Barry, his chemistry with Reynolds won't even be a factor when casting.

In other rumored news, the script for the film could be submitted by Christmas.

Jin Kazama

Hawkguy
Staff member
While they could change their mind in the future, I'm just saying that something like that isn't even going to be a factor in the casting of this movie. They'll view more how Cooper would be as Barry than they would how he would interact with Reynolds.

Bat-Fan Beyond

While they could change their mind in the future, I'm just saying that something like that isn't even going to be a factor in the casting of this movie. They'll view more how Cooper would be as Barry than they would how he would interact with Reynolds.

I don't know if you are just stating the obvious or that you really think that I believe that the chemistry between Cooper and Reynolds actually matters and plays a factor in casting...?

I know that it doesn't; I was just simply making a statement that I could see these two guys together as buddies in a movie.

Jin Kazama

Hawkguy
Staff member
I'm not trying to "state the obvious" or anything. The way your first post read to me, it sounded as if you were judging if Cooper could play Barry based off the ability of him having chemistry with Reynolds. If that wasn't your intent, I apologize.

the greenman

The reason they can't do a Justice League film, is because it goes against Chris Nolan's wishes. Right now he's the golden boy after Dark Knight, so no one has a say so in that. WB has set up Johns and the other woman to oversee the DC films, but a JL film is not possible. They would have to reboot everyone all at the same time. Also, now that W.Woman is going to tv, it won't happen for probably another decade.

As for the Flash this is good news. I had read an article last month stating that the script was going to be "dark". They stated it was going to be like CSI with Barry using his scientific skill investigating a killer. I imagine the killer might be Capt. Cold in the first film, but the article didn't specify.

Bat-Fan Beyond

I'm not trying to "state the obvious" or anything. The way your first post read to me, it sounded as if you were judging if Cooper could play Barry based off the ability of him having chemistry with Reynolds. If that wasn't your intent, I apologize.

No apology necessary, I understand. I just wanted to make sure you understood me. Sometimes it's difficult to convey meaning in quickly typed posts. ;)

The reason they can't do a Justice League film, is because it goes against Chris Nolan's wishes. Right now he's the golden boy after Dark Knight, so no one has a say so in that. WB has set up Johns and the other woman to oversee the DC films, but a JL film is not possible. They would have to reboot everyone all at the same time. Also, now that W.Woman is going to tv, it won't happen for probably another decade.

I don't think you really need to have Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman to make a Justice League movie. Have you ever read JLA: Year One? As long as you have Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Black Canary, maybe even Green Arrow, you could do one worthy of the team name.

Besides, even if Nolan's Batman was a problem, by the time we actually see a Justice League movie, Nolan will have already completed his Batman trilogy and the character will most likely be ready for another reboot.

suss2it

As for the Flash this is good news. I had read an article last month stating that the script was going to be "dark". They stated it was going to be like CSI with Barry using his scientific skill investigating a killer. I imagine the killer might be Capt. Cold in the first film, but the article didn't specify.
That sounds kinda lame. Flash has one of the most colourful rogues gallery out there. They could make a really fun movie with them and Flash, no need for it be dark.

I don't think you really need to have Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman to make a Justice League movie. Have you ever read JLA: Year One? As long as you have Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Black Canary, maybe even Green Arrow, you could do one worthy of the team name.
I agree but I doubt Warner would risk a Justice League movie without Superman & Batman.
Besides, even if Nolan's Batman was a problem, by the time we actually see a Justice League movie, Nolan will have already completed his Batman trilogy and the character will most likely be ready for another reboot.
I wouldn't even have a problem if they used Batman in a Justice League movie while simultaneously using him in the Nolanverse, but obviously that would confuse the general public.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
I wouldn't even have a problem if they used Batman in a Justice League movie while simultaneously using him in the Nolanverse, but obviously that would confuse the general public.
It seemed the writers' strike was the only thing that stopped the Justice League movie with younger versions of the heroes, including Batman & Superman. I guess we'll never know for sure though.

The general public is trying to figure out how the Nolan movies fit into the Burton/Schumacher movies, so they can only be worried about so much.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
Yay, another male gets a movie over Wonder Woman. We don't go to the movie theaters because we just stay inside all day with the kids, so I guess television is perfectly acceptable. :shrug:

At this point I'd rather WB just stop than continue to throw out ideas that are destined for development hell.

the greenman

Yay, another male gets a movie over Wonder Woman. We don't go to the movie theaters because we just stay inside all day with the kids, so I guess television is perfectly acceptable. :shrug:

At this point I'd rather WB just stop than continue to throw out ideas that are destined for development hell.

Not sure if you're a woman, but you're gonna love this. This is the reason there will be no WW film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/10/07/warner-bros-says-no-more-female-lead-characters/

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
Yes I'm a woman. I'd like to point out that article is three years old, and recently Resident Evil did pretty well for having a female lead.

Robin2099

It makes perfect sense to do a Flash movie over a Wonder Woman movie since the risk and rewards are much smaller.

defunctzombie

1992 not 2002
Staff member
Well then why isn't he in the big three instead of Wonder Woman? That's what I'm trying to get at. Wonder Woman is one of the major DC characters and sells comics yet they don't want to give her a proper film because of this superstition that movies featuring female leads are automatic bombs.

The Flash is a deserving character for a film, but I'm not that excited yet because a lot of these films never make it past script stage.

Frontier

Staff member
Ezra Miller gives us insight into origin:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-flash/36187/the-flash-ezra-miller-on-the-upcoming-movie

I'm sorry, but as much as I would say no to a television & film crossover, I think we would all lose our minds if they somehow pulled that off. Seems the film Barry may be more technically science-minded than t.v. Barry slightly. I wonder.
Awesome that he's a fan of the show, and of the mythos, and that he's excited for the role :).

If we take Miller's words at face-value, it seems like straight from the get-go we'll be seeing some crazy, Multiverse science-fiction/fantasy adventures, which is perfect for a Flash movie :D.

Would love to see some form of crossover between the movie and TV show, and to see the two Flashes together ;).

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
If we can have a TV and film Barry Allen Flash at the same time, then why can't we have a TV and Film Superman (legitimately, Supergirl doesn't count... yet), Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, etc at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts