"The Flash" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Iris and Chyre sound fine, but Thawne sounds exactly like Harrison Wells from the TV show. Which...fits, when you think about it, but is kind of on the nose :p.

Snart as an ex-military thug working for Thawne just does not sound like Captain Cold, especially for a character so defined by being a career criminal, though I guess you could feasibly include the other Rogues by making them Snart's old army buddies :shrug:.

I'm not sure about Jay as a cameo, but a former Central City University professor studying the Speed Force could work in this continuity, even if I'd prefer classic, Speedster, Jay :cool:.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
If it were up to me I'd have Barry's buddy be someone he becomes a hero later on but isn't good enough for a solo movie, like Ralph Dibney.

Toddman

Hulk not good with words.
Snart as an ex-military thug working for Thawne just does not sound like Captain Cold, especially for a character so defined by being a career criminal, though I guess you could feasibly include the other Rogues by making them Snart's old army buddies :shrug:.

Capt. Cold portrayed as ex-military makes perfect sense to me.

First, if his military background includes work in electronics/engineering it could help more convincingly explain his proficiency with a freeze gun, a traditionally high-tech weapon.

And second, it gives a more logical reason for him to be called "Captain" Cold.

Besides, ex-military can still become career criminals.

Toddman

Frontier

Staff member
http://www.newsarama.com/29076-report-flash-director-drops-out-over-creative-differences.html

Director Seth Grahame-Smith has stepped away from the project over "creative differences," though they're apparently still using his screenplay based off Lord and Miller's first draft o_O.

Evidentially "creative differences" between studios and directors are common on both sides of the comic book movie pool, even though you'd think with the DCEU's mandate of prioritizing the director's "creative vision" it wouldn't happen as much :shrug:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
While I think this is the second time for this movie line, Wonder Woman, being the first, it's probably more a matter of the Internet sniffing out every piece of movement in Hollywood. People come and go on projects.

Frontier

Staff member
And we're also probably never going to find out what those creative differences involved, as is so often the case :sweat:.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I'm actually pretty OK with this. The guy didn't really have any directing credits to his name; I'd feel better if they gave the film to someone with more experience.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, she's worked with the director before, so that's not surprising. If she ends up as Iris, here's hoping she does a great job in the role and plays off Miller's Barry well ;).

Though I wonder who they could cast as Wally? Actually, with how young Barry is, maybe we should wonder how old Wally would be :sweat:?

EDIT 07/215: Kiersey Clemons is confirmed as Iris West.

Frontier

Staff member
That's a relief. I'm glad it's not another evil speedster. wink. wink.
Heh :p.

I guess they either want to not go the obvious route by making Reverse-Flash the main villain, not to mention invite more comparisons to the show, or hold off on solving the mystery of who killed Barry's mom (even if quite a few of the general audience should know by now) :sweat:.

Though he could also be behind The Rogues somehow o_O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts