"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Zap2It has log-lines for the next two episodes:
It should be interesting to see how Widow bounces off Carol compared to her team-up with Wasp earlier in the season, and I'm guessing Captain Marvel will be the main contender against a Banner-less Hulk :eek:.

I hope Morgan is better used here then she was in USM. Given Grey Griffin is already voicing Carol, I expect she'll probably reprise her role here :).

Dr. Strange in the 1872 dimension should be interesting, and Hawkeye in the wild west is always awesome, though once again Wasp is hanging out with other people instead of Ant-Man :p.

I wish Janet could've gone on a wild west adventure :sad:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...-Channel-Disney-XD-and-Disney-Junior-20180223
Here are the log-lines for all the episodes premiering in March:

Sunday, March 4
Original Series - Episode Premiere on Disney XD
Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Weirdworld"
(8:00 - 8:30 A.M. EST)
Black Widow and Captain Marvel must stop the now-separated Bruce Banner and Hulk from hurting each other, while fighting the evil Morgan Le Fay.
TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Westland"
(8:30 - 9:00 A.M. EST)
Hawkeye, Vision, and Wasp head to the old west world of 1872 to find Doctor Strange.
TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, March 11
Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "The Citadel"
Captain America and Iron Man are captured by the Beyonder and the villain team he has assembled.
TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "The Wastelands"
Before they can use the Bifrost to undo Battleworld, the Avengers must defeat the Beyonder's forces - Ares and an army of Ghost Riders.
TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "All Things Must End"
(9:00 - 9:30 A.M. EST)
After Loki becomes the Sorcerer Supreme, the Avengers are the only thing standing between him and the domination of the universe.
TV-Y7 FV

Frontier

Staff member
Sunday, March 11
Captain America and Iron Man are captured by the Beyonder and the villain team he has assembled.
TV-Y7 FV
Sounds like we're getting Cap and Iron Man vs. the Beyonder :cool:.

I wonder who his villain team will include? Dracula? Enchantress? Morgan? Red Skull o_O?
Before they can use the Bifrost to undo Battleworld, the Avengers must defeat the Beyonder's forces - Ares and an army of Ghost Riders.
TV-Y7 FV
I wonder if this will be the episode where Jane Foster's Thor finally appears :)?
After Loki becomes the Sorcerer Supreme, the Avengers are the only thing standing between him and the domination of the universe.
TV-Y7 FV
Well, I guess that spoils whether Loki's turn to heroism was genuine :sweat:.

Also kind of funny that they make Loki Sorcerer Supreme here like he was in the comics up until last week :p.

Though the Avengers having to battle Loki in the end reminds me a lot of EMH...

Marvel/DCfan

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...-Channel-Disney-XD-and-Disney-Junior-20180223
Here are the log-lines for all the episodes premiering in March:

Sunday, March 4
Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Weirdworld"
Black Widow and Captain Marvel must stop the now-separated Bruce Banner and Hulk from hurting each other, while fighting the evil Morgan Le Fay.
TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "Westland"
Hawkeye, Vision, and Wasp head to the old west world of 1872 to find Doctor Strange.
TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, March 11
TV-Y7 FV

TV-Y7 FV

TV-Y7 FV
So I assume the Avengers are coming to rescue Captain America and Iron man in The Citadel?

brodie999

Hey, I've asked Eugene Son if the shorts count as full episodes and he said for production purposes, the shorts were classified as one 22-min episode. But for pay and hours etc, they're separate shorts. So it all depends on which one of them is true.

TheLemsterPju

That was definitely Morgan le Fay in the 30 second preview, which means

Enchantress is probably dead for good.

Also, I'm hoping Ultron is on Beyonder's team. He is a loose end that hasn't been brought up in a while.

Frontier

Staff member
That was definitely Morgan le Fay in the 30 second preview, which means

Enchantress is probably dead for good.

Also, I'm hoping Ultron is on Beyonder's team. He is a loose end that hasn't been brought up in a while.
If that was Morgan, then I really don't care for her redesign (although at least Amora isn't saddled with it)...

TheLemsterPju

Does anyone else think this season will end with the Earth getting split in two (similar to the Hulk) after the events with the Beyonder?

That could be their way of establishing Marvel's Spider-Man's Earth a week before the Guardians/Spidey crossover.

Frontier

Staff member
Does anyone else think this season will end with the Earth getting split in two (similar to the Hulk) after the events with the Beyonder?

That could be their way of establishing Marvel's Spider-Man's Earth a week before the Guardians/Spidey crossover.
I don't think they'll go that far to justify the differences between the two shows, although I wouldn't be surprised if once the Avengers restore the world Robbie Daymond's Spider-Man swings by like he's always been there :p.

Robbie Daymond tweeted a while back that he had done two Spidey reprisals in one day, and that they'd make seven times he's played Spider-Man. I wonder if an Assemble appearance was one of them?

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Seven times, as in seven different properties? I only know his show, Disk Wars and Future Avengers for sure. I'm guessing some game stuff. If Spidey shows up in Avengers, I feel pretty certain that they will use Robbie, too. I'm curious to see where else his talents would have been utilized.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Seven times, as in seven different properties? I only know his show, Disk Wars and Future Avengers for sure. I'm guessing some game stuff. If Spidey shows up in Avengers, I feel pretty certain that they will use Robbie, too. I'm curious to see where else his talents would have been utilized.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Here's the tweet:

This is a rundown I've made of how many times Robbie's played Spidey:

- Marvel Disk Wars Avengers. (First time he played Spider-Man).

- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

- Marvel's Spider-Man.

-
This may have been him as Spidey in this video about turning your cell phones off before the movie:

- An upcoming episode of Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout.

So that just leaves the two unconfirmed appearances he recorded for in that tweet.

I wasn't aware of whether Spidey had made in appearance in Future Avengers, but if he is it's very possible they would've brought Robbie back in for the dub.

I also wouldn't rule out an appearance in Marvel Rising, since that's the only other thing I could think of that they would have been recording for back then.

Last edited:

TheLemsterPju

That hat is insufferable.

It looked cool on the Rat King. ;)

I don't think they'll go that far to justify the differences between the two shows, although I wouldn't be surprised if once the Avengers restore the world Robbie Daymond's Spider-Man swings by like he's always been there :p.

Marvel is not going to risk erasing Ultimate Spider-Man in its entirety. Regardless of what some people may have thought of it, it's practically a move that would retcon half of the MAU's stories out of that continuity. Totally pointless.

Maybe there's a chance we could see USM's Spidey design voiced by Robbie Daymond. Other than that, they're totally on separate Earths in part due to the art style differences.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
After 104 episodes, there's not much they can do to erase it but Marvel has never been too loyal to any former version of a character or show or voice actor. It really struck me recently while playing Transformers Devastation recently and thinking about how awesome it was to hear Dan Gilvezan doing his thing as Bumblebee.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Marvel is not going to risk erasing Ultimate Spider-Man in its entirety. Regardless of what some people may have thought of it, it's practically a move that would retcon half of the MAU's stories out of that continuity. Totally pointless.

Maybe there's a chance we could see USM's Spidey design voiced by Robbie Daymond. Other than that, they're totally on separate Earths in part due to the art style differences.
Well, they already have a different Baron Mordo then USM did, so maybe it already is on another Earth :p?

I don't think the art style differences matter given how often characters are redesigned when they appear on other shows (the Inhumans are especially guilty of this).

Just the fact that we'll have the Robbie Daymond version of Spider-Man appearing in Guardians even though it's ostensibly in the same universe as Avengers Assemble indicates to me that Marvel isn't concerned with treating USM as if it's still current with the other running Marvel cartoons.

TheLemsterPju

They brought back Nova and Iron Fist recently with their USM voice actors intact. Marvel is still devoted to USM being in-continuity.

The most I could see them doing is (a.) replacing Drake Bell with Robbie Daymond and/or (b.) the Guardians discovering a Counter Earth where humans look more two-dimensional/anime-esque (i.e. Marvel's Spider-Man).

Frontier

Staff member
They brought back Nova and Iron Fist recently with their USM voice actors intact. Marvel is still devoted to USM being in-continuity.

The most I could see them doing is (a.) replacing Drake Bell with Robbie Daymond and/or (b.) the Guardians discovering a Counter Earth where humans look more two-dimensional/anime-esque (i.e. Marvel's Spider-Man).
Well, Daymond's already replaced Bell as Spider-Man, more or less.

I really don't see Marvel going to the trouble of having the Guardians land on a separate Earth just to explain their team-up with Robbie Daymond's Spider-Man. That seems convoluted even by Marvel Animation continuity standards.

Marvel generally retains VA's for certain characters unless they recast them for another show. Nadji Jeter is probably more likely to play Miles Morales in a guest appearance then, say, Ogie Banks (unless Jeter isn't available).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts