"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Welcome to the ninth installment of the Avengers Assemble News and Discussion thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! This thread includes discussion about all of its seasons - whether its Avengers: Ultron Revolution, the currently airing Avengers: Secret Wars, or the upcoming 5th season Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, which promises to have even more characters - both good and bad - than before! Keep up to date with any news about the show, and discuss them in a civilized manner right here!

lVaQ7SR.png

Sundays on Disney XD

Avengers: Secret Wars series description:
Picking up right after the events of season three Ultron Revolution, the fourth season finds Tony Stark trapped in another dimension. While the Avengers muster all of their knowledge and strength to try and find a way to bring him back, they are attacked by a new Cabal of villains who scatter the mighty heroes across space and time. With the help of the Black Panther’s new team, including Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Vision, the Avengers must reunite in time to save the universe.

Avengers: Secret Wars cast and crew details:
The series stars: Mick Wingert (“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore (“Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness”) as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith (“Wreck-It Ralph”) as Captain America, Travis Willingham (“Regular Show”) as Thor, Troy Baker (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”) as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey (“The Super Hero Squad Show”) as Black Widow, Bumper Robinson (“The Game”) as Falcon, David Kaye (“Ben 10”) as Vision, James Matthis III (“Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H”) as Black Panther, Kathreen Khavari (“Big Little Lies”) as Ms. Marvel, Josh Keaton (“Ben 10”) as Ant-Man, Kari Wahlgren (“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Wasp and Grey Griffin (“The Tom and Jerry Show”) as Captain Marvel.

Produced by Marvel Animation, the series’ creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man,” “Thor”), Dan Buckley (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,” “Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.”), Joe Quesada (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), Cort Lane (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”), Eric Radomski (“Spawn,” “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”), and Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”); co-executive producers Stan Lee (“Spider-Man”) and Stephen Wacker (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”); supervising producers Eugene Son (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”), Danielle Wolff (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”), and Harrison Wilcox (“Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man”); and supervising director Jeff Allen (“Marvel’s Avengers Assemble”).

Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Avengers Assemble here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads
:
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Continuing from the previous thread, here's a preview for this week's episode, "New Year's Resolution":

Past and present collide as Howard Stark and Peggy Carter team up with Iron Man and Captain America to save the time stream from Kang the Conqueror.

spyke

So Kang has gone back to being incompetent and weak. My guy forgot to level grind, he's been using rare candies instead of training.

He also appears to no longer be a decendent of Tony Stark. Maybe those RUMORS about Disney in talks to buy FOX Studios are true, LOL.

Frontier

Staff member
He also appears to no longer be a decendent of Tony Stark. Maybe those RUMORS about Disney in talks to buy FOX Studios are true, LOL.
I don't think the idea of Kang being a descendant of Tony is something the writers were really all that serious about, or had anything to do with the possible Fox buyout, otherwise they would've emphasized it more.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
On the previous thread, the idea of Shuri being voiced by Cree Summers was brought up, I personally think she'd be more suited to voice Riri Williams.

spyke

I don't think the idea of Kang being a descendant of Tony is something the writers were really all that serious about, or had anything to do with the possible Fox buyout, otherwise they would've emphasized it more.

I didn't say that Kang being Tony Stark's descendant when he first appeared last season had anything to do with Disney possibly buying FOX. I was saying that Kang being made Tony's descendant had everything to do with the fact that Disney/Marvel didn't have the movie rights to all of the FF characters. In other words, the writers weren't allowed to either use or mention any FF or related characters that Disney/Marvel didn't have the movie rights to. So they couldn't mention that Kang was the descendant of one of Reed Richard's half siblings that his father had in an alternate timeline.

Frontier

Staff member
I didn't say that Kang being Tony Stark's descendant when he first appeared last season had anything to do with Disney possibly buying FOX. I was saying that Kang being made Tony's descendant had everything to do with the fact that Disney/Marvel didn't have the movie rights to all of the FF characters. In other words, the writers weren't allowed to either use or mention any FF or related characters that Disney/Marvel didn't have the movie rights to. So they couldn't mention that Kang was the descendant of one of Reed Richard's half siblings that his father had in an alternate timeline.
They didn't even outright make him a Tony Stark descendant. I recall Tony just brought that up to mess with Kang, it wasn't a serious plot point.

I mean, Earth's Mightiest Heroes didn't even go into Kang's background at all, so I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

spyke

They didn't even outright make him a Tony Stark descendant. I recall Tony just brought that up to mess with Kang, it wasn't a serious plot point.

I mean, Earth's Mightiest Heroes didn't even go into Kang's background at all, so I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

IIRC, they flat out stated that Kang was a descendant of Tony Stark.

TheLemsterPju

Nope. Tony just brought up the whole connection to Kang just to irk him. As far as any actual connection, there was nothing I found in the episodes themselves (via transcripts) that gave confirmation.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
New episodes scheduled to premiere in January, according to Zap2It. I presume the last four are supposed to air either on January 14th (not the 4th), or on February 4th; we'll see in due time. No descriptions available yet.

S04, E15 The Eye of Agamotto Part One 1/07/2018
S04, E16 The Eye of Agamotto Part Two 1/07/2018
S04, E17 Beyond 1/04/2018
S04, E18 Underworld 1/04/2018
S04, E19 The Immortal Weapon 1/04/2018
S04, E20 The Vibranium Coast 1/04/2018

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
New episodes scheduled to premiere in January, according to Zap2It. I presume the last four are supposed to air on January 14th, not the 4th. No descriptions available yet.

S04, E15 The Eye of Agamotto Part One 1/07/2018
S04, E16 The Eye of Agamotto Part Two 1/07/2018
S04, E17 Beyond 1/04/2018
S04, E18 Underworld 1/04/2018
S04, E19 The Immortal Weapon 1/04/2018
S04, E20 The Vibranium Coast 1/04/2018
Judging by the descriptions:

- Looks like we're getting a Dr. Strange two-parter with "The Eye of Agamotto." It feels like it's been a while since we've seen Strange in a cartoon, so that should be fun, though I hope against hope Dormammu won't end up being the villain again :sweat:.

- "Beyond" seems like it's going to introduce the Beyonders and kick start the actual Secret Wars storyline :cool:.

- I'm guessing "Underworld" is the Monster Underworld? I believe that was one of the Battelworld worlds :).

- "The Immortal Weapon" is probably a K'un-Lun world. I wonder if Iron Fist will show up :D?

- "Vibranium Coast" is likely a Wakandan-based world, so I imagine Black Panther will probably have a leading role in this. Maybe we'll finally see some of his supporting cast in-time for Panther's Quest next season :rolleyes2:?

brodie999

Let's hope they wouldn't repeat themselves with an "Avengers vs. X-Men" storyline after Civil War :rolleyes2:.
Descriptions for the episodes set to premiere next month became available 8 hours ago today. Here is the article for January 2018's Disney XD programming highlights.
Sunday, Jan.7
"The Eye of Agamotto, Parts One and Two"
(8:00-9:00 A.M EST)
"The vengeful Agamotto attacks the Avengers and attempts to take back the Eye of Agamotto!"
Sunday, Jan.14
"Beyond"
(8:00-8:30 A.M EST)
"After the Avengers are transported to a strange new world, Captain America and Black Widow find Iron Man and battle the mysterious Moon Knight"
"Underworld"
(8:30-9:00 A.M EST)
"As they search for the Bifrost and a way to undo Battleworld, the Avengers must battle the Enchantress"
"The Immortal Weapon"
(9:00-9:30 A.M EST)
"While trying to retrieve Heimdall's sword, Black Panther and Falcon team up with Iron Fist to overcome symbiote-powered Dracula and his vampires."
"The Vibranium Coast"
(9:30-10:00 A.M EST)
"Ant-Man and Ms. Marvel must team up with the pirate Typhoid Mary to battle Red Skull and Crossbones."

Frontier

Staff member
"The Eye of Agamotto, Parts One and Two"
(8:00-9:00 A.M EST)
"The vengeful Agamotto attacks the Avengers and attempts to take back the Eye of Agamotto!"
This sounds a lot like that storyline in Brian Michael Bendis' New Avengers run where the Avengers and Dr. Strange go up against Agamotto/Ancient One :eek:.

I'm expecting Dr. Strange will show up here so I'm curious to see how they'll depict him in light of his solo film...I hope we're not due another character reboot :sad:.
"Beyond"
(8:00-8:30 A.M EST)
"After the Avengers are transported to a strange new world, Captain America and Black Widow find Iron Man and battle the mysterious Moon Knight"
Oh hey, Iron Man's finally back! Even though we've already seen him again in the one-off episodes :rolleyes2:.

I wonder if they'll get Diedrich Bader back as Moon Knight :)?

Though "mysterious?" Weren't they looking at him to join at the end of season 2 :confused:?
"Underworld"
(8:30-9:00 A.M EST)
"As they search for the Bifrost and a way to undo Battleworld, the Avengers must battle the Enchantress"
I wonder why the Bifrost is key to undoing Battleworld? Because it's connected to the Nine Realms o_O?

I was wondering when Enchantress would make a comeback given she was the only member of the Cabal to escape capture/punishment :evil:.
"The Immortal Weapon"
(9:00-9:30 A.M EST)
"While trying to retrieve Heimdall's sword, Black Panther and Falcon team up with Iron Fist to overcome symbiote-powered Dracula and his vampires."
"Symbiote-powered Dracula and his vampires?" Yep, this Battleworld is as random as the comics :p.

I guess the heroes are after Heimdall's sword so they have a means to control the Bifrost :ack:.

I wonder if they'll get Greg Cipes back as Iron Fist or if he'll be different from the Iron Fist from USM...?
"The Vibranium Coast"
(9:30-10:00 A.M EST)
"Ant-Man and Ms. Marvel must team up with the pirate Typhoid Mary to battle Red Skull and Crossbones."
"Pirate Typhoid Mary" Okay, why not :harley:?

Red Skull and Crossbones together is classic :cool:.

Honestly, a lot of these plots remind me of Justice League Action...which is not a bad thing :D.

TheLemsterPju

These sound like very fun episodes. I look forward to seeing Iron Fist and Dracula return! (Typhoid Mary too if they can build on her character more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts