"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,405 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Preview clip from one of the four episodes premiering this Sunday. ("Beyond", "Underworld", "The Immortal Weapon" and "The Vibranium Coast")

Moon Knight riding a giant Sphinx monster. I love it :p.

Is Cap's upgrade supposed to be his Marvel Now armor? At least it's not as busy as his MCU costume ;).

What's Black Widow's upgrade? I guess her Widow Bite look a little different o_O.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,374 4
177A Bleecker Street
I never get why Cap and Widow get so many costume changes. Their original looks were perfect. Tony is the one that should be constantly changing.

This Cap suit reminds me of a battle armor version of the Ultimate design.

So with four episodes airing in a block, we'll have five left for the season? The season started back in Summer (I think) but with all of the binge airings, it's felt as though it went by pretty fast.

I had been seeing it said that Spider-Man was ending its season soon, too, but there are still a lot of episodes left. I really don't get why DXD doesn't pace these shows out more instead of airing a batch and going silent for months.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,405 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I never get why Cap and Widow get so many costume changes. Their original looks were perfect. Tony is the one that should be constantly changing.
Yeah, how long have we been stuck with the same Iron Man design? Though it looks like that will be changing for this ;).

If anyone needed a new look, I'd say it's Hawkeye. Falcon already got his MCU costume, so I think that just leaves Clint, Hulk, and Thor as the only Avengers who haven't gotten new duds, though with Hulk there's not much you can do :sweat:.
This Cap suit reminds me of a battle armor version of the Ultimate design.
It definitely resembles some of the more armored takes on Cap's looks over the years :).
So with four episodes airing in a block, we'll have five left for the season? The season started back in Summer (I think) but with all of the binge airings, it's felt as though it went by pretty fast.
Well, we first got the two-part premiere aired together, then we got all the New Avengers' adventures in one batch, and then we got the return of the Avengers aired pretty close together and it looks like the same holds true for the Battleworld episode...so I can understand why it feels like the season's moved by quick :ack:.
I had been seeing it said that Spider-Man was ending its season soon, too, but there are still a lot of episodes left. I really don't get why DXD doesn't pace these shows out more instead of airing a batch and going silent for months.
Disney's been doing this with Guardians as well. I can't tell if it's because they just want to burn through all the season's episodes or if they're trying to appeal to the binge-watching audiences :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,903 6
A Valid Location
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,405 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Eugene Son revealed the directors & writers for this week's episodes:

"Beyond", directed by Tim Eldred & written by Geoffrey Thorne
"Underworld", directed by Micah Gunnell
"The Immortal Weapon", directed by Tim Eldred & written by Trevor Devall
"The Vibranium Coast", directed by Micah Gunnell & written by Zach Craley
Wait, Trevor Devall? As in, VA and Rocket Raccoon voice Trevor Devall? I never knew he was a writer ;).
And some casting news:

Gideon Emery as Moon Knight
Steven Weber as Beyonder
Greg Cipes returns to voice Iron Fist
So they got Greg Cipes back as Iron Fist but replaced Diedrich Bader as Moon Knight.

Not that I mind, since Gideo Emery is awesome, though I'm guessing that also means this version of Moon Knight will probably be different from the Ultimate Spider-Man version :ack:.

Speaking of Ultimate Spider-Man alumni, I wasn't expecting Steven Weber as the Beyonder. I wonder how he'll sound compared to his Osborn/Goblin voice :eek:?

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
Ratings
1,672 8
Wait, Trevor Devall? As in, VA and Rocket Raccoon voice Trevor Devall? I never knew he was a writer ;).

So they got Greg Cipes back as Iron Fist but replaced Diedrich Bader as Moon Knight.

Not that I mind, since Gideo Emery is awesome, though I'm guessing that also means this version of Moon Knight will probably be different from the Ultimate Spider-Man version :ack:.

Speaking of Ultimate Spider-Man alumni, I wasn't expecting Steven Weber as the Beyonder. I wonder how he'll sound compared to his Osborn/Goblin voice :eek:?
I feel those should be switched around; Emery should replace Cipes as Iron Fist while Deidrich should return as Moon Knight.

Roxas_Sora

Apr 5, 2007
Ratings
316 1
South of Europe
Do you think Spider-Man will show up on Battleworld in a future episode??
And if he does what do you think the domain will be called that he comes from??
Well, like I mentioned in a previous post in other thread, in a previous Comic Con, it was revealed the names of several territories in Battleworld. And some of them could be promising to allow us to see "Ultimate Spider-Man" once more. These are the potential "Spider-Territories":

+ Lots to the Symbiotes: The East Zone of Battleworld, there are 2 giant lakes with the form of classic Venom's eyes, so maybe we could explore part of it.
+ Kun-Lun: The Iron Fist of this zone was a little different from USM, but I don't lose hope. Also, the Kun-Lun from "The Immortal Weapon" was quite different from the one in USM, at the top of the Himalaya.
+ Camelot: Maybe we will see Spyder Knight here? I hope so.
+ Vampire Federation: We already saw Dracula, but in this territory we could have Blood Spider, the Spider-Vampire Slayer from the Spider-Verse.
+ Noir Land: Please, explore this zone!! It clearly has "Spider-Man Noir" all over it!!
+ New Quack City: This aims to Howard the Duck, but we could see Spider-Ham too.
+ Spider-Island 2099: For Pete's Sake, let this territory be explored!!! This could have all the Web Warriors together, and it could even have Wolf Spider as the villain!!!

I have my doubts, but like it's said, hope is the last thing you lose.

Based on the last promo revealed before the new episodes of Secret Wars started, we should make a list of things to expect in the last 6 episodes of the season. I'm really intrigued to see them!! Personally, I hope we will see USM's Spider-Man in one of the remaining episodes. I had doubts for what I saw, but considering how tricky promos can be, I want to believe there will be space for at least one Spider-Episode. Let's see:

+ We had a scene with Groot, which could means the Guardians of the Galaxy will appear here too. I mean, without Rocket to translate him, I don't see how the Avengers will interact with him. He needs the rest of the Guardians.
+ We have the Ghost Rider, which could give us a interesting episode, like the one from "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH".
+ There's a scene of what appears to be Iron Man fighting the Beyonder, who is now wearing an armor more similar to his look back in Spider-Man's series back in the 90s. I'm not sure about it, but it seems they are fighting at the Olympus, the same one we saw in "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH". If that's so, then the scene with Ares can be from the same episode.
+ Hawkeye and Black Widow will have a mission together, but there's no way to know about what territory they will visit.

+ There's a very short scene of Loki with what appears to be a Western town in the background. This could either be an area based on Marvel 1872 or maybe the Western world of Web-Slinger, the Spider-Man Cowboy.
+ There's a scene where I recognize Morgan Le Fay, only not in her same design from "Ultimate Spider-Man". She has a look more like the one she had as queen of Weirdworld in Secret Wars. I guess Weirworld will be explored, or maybe Camelot. (Or maybe even both of them).
+ We have a scene with Jane Foster as Thor, but no clue about which episode could be.
+ And it's obvious the Avengers will have to find both Hulk and Bruce Banner; and probably, merge them together.

Even with this "To Do List", I hope for Spider-Man to have at least one episode before this season is over.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,903 6
A Valid Location
Cort Lane talked about the next season in this interview on Marvel.com:
https://news.marvel.com/tv/83354/ma...marvel-rising-and-guardians-mission-breakout/
Marvel.com: Moving over to the world of Avengers, we’re currently in the midst of “Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars,” and we know that “Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest” is coming after that. Anything you can reveal about that next season?
Lane: So for our fifth season… Wow, fifth season, that’s kind of surprising to say! But for our fifth season, we really decided to do a spotlight season on Black Panther. The Avengers are still there, particularly in the beginning, middle and end, but his relationship with the Avengers changes significantly. T’Challa has a conflict between being the King of Wakanda and protecting his country and his family, and serving as an Avenger. That conflict creates all kinds of problems for him and for the Avengers. It’s a globetrotting, espionage-filled, epic story about evil forces looking to take over Wakanda, because it truly has the most valuable resources in the world. But at its core, what holds it together emotionally, is a story about a brother and his little sister, and about how T’Challa and Shuri interact with each other. There’s a sense of competitiveness, obviously there is lots of love, there’s sadness over the loss of their father… And he’s an overprotective older brother and she’s a younger sister who trained to be the Black Panther too and has a lot to prove, she feels.
Marvel.com: As you mentioned, it’s the fifth year, and “Avengers” has evolved a lot. Is it fun to be able to work on a series where you certainly can’t say you do the same thing every year? You get to really change things up.
Cort Lane: You really do, and this one changes things up a lot. First, obviously there’s the focus on Black Panther’s story, and that’s reflected in the title “Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest.” The animation style has changed as well to reflect this storyline. And the story is so big that we have broken it up into two half seasons that will run all the way into 2019. So it’s really big, even though the story becomes more personal, being about this brother and sister.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,405 46
Sherman Oaks CA
T'Challa and Shuri's relationship being the emotional core of the series sounds good. I'm eager to see how they develop the relationship here :).

I find it interesting that Shuri was trained to be Black Panther too. Was that in-case something happened to T'Challa? I wonder if the Wakanda ruler and the Black Panther are one and the same like in the comics or separate positions like in the MCU :ack:?

I'm curious what he means about the Avengers being at the "beginning, middle, and end." So do they appear for the first string of episodes, the beginning of the next arc, and then the end o_O?

At least Black Panther being conflicted between his kingship and Avengers status I can get, since that's a classic conflict for him so of course it would be part of the show :cool:.

I'm interested to see which villains pop in this show. I was expecting they'd mine from Black Panther's comics Rogues Gallery, though I guess villains wanting to take over Wakanda could range from Klaw and Killmonger to Baron Zemo and Hydra :eek:.

I thought they changed the animation style to be more like Marvel's Spider-Man? Or because it was cheapter to animate :sweat:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,903 6
A Valid Location
The most interesting tidbit in that article for me is they're planning on breaking the next season in two halves. I wonder how that will play out, perhaps have two big story-arcs both focusing on Black Panther. I presume it's not just a way to make the show run longer, since a hiatus could have worked just as well.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,405 46
Sherman Oaks CA
The most interesting tidbit in that article for me is they're planning on breaking the next season in two halves. I wonder how that will play out, perhaps have two big story-arcs both focusing on Black Panther. I presume it's not just a way to make the show run longer, since a hiatus could have worked just as well.
I think I recall them mentioning that the season would be divided into two-parts when it was announced, so I guess it's going to function sort of like 13-episode "seasons."

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
A full season of Black Panther (with the Avengers to some degree) sounds amazing to me! It will be nice to see T'Challa and Shuri's relationship in animation again. I just kind of wish they saved these announcements for tomorrow, the 10th anniversary of Marvel Animation.