"iZombie" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Discuss the second season of iZombie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Based on the critically-acclaimed Vertigo/DC Comics title, iZombie returns for another season, airing Tuesdays at 9pm (ET) on The CW!

izombietb.jpg
"Grumpy Ol' Liv"
Tuesday, Oct 6th, 2015 @ 9 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW

Liv eats a cantankerous old man's brain to learn the details of his death; Ravi thinks Major is experiencing a side effect of the cure; Liv visits Blaine.

Comments on this series?

Related Discussion:
-Season One Talkback

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider-Man

I love that this show just jumps back into things and its like it never missed a beat. It feels a bit more confident in that everyone really knows what they're doing. The first episode back was really excellent though this week's episode with all the frat stuff was a little bit of a letdown. All the frat cliches felt a bit old hat and I'm disappointed that Major is being chucked into the whole downward spiral/drug addict thing. I imagine this will complicate his whole zombie hunter thing on the side though I like that he let that kinda slip with Liz both at the club and on the cab ride home. Even though it's keeping to a pretty straight forward formula for the most part the show is still great and Rose McIvor is fantastic.

hobbyfan

I really haven't been able to get into the last two eps because of baseball playoffs (Mets, baby!), and Time Warner hasn't put last week's show On Demand yet. Turds. However, I'm starting to lose interest, and it may be because it is starting to look too much like a generic CW show. Not good.

hobbyfan

Getting this back up, since it seems to have been forgotten by the membership.

Season 2 has gained its footing just in time for a 4 week holiday vacation. "Cape Town" has to be one of the better episodes of the season, as the producers bite the hand that feeds it. "Chris Allred"? Ok, so they had fun with the comic book's creators (Chris Roberson & Mike Allred). The motley crew of local heroes made me think of The Tick, whose creator, Ben Edlund, had been working on Gotham, and his cast.

Liv in an improvised costume was fun, but the fallout wasn't. Was she fired from the SPD? Doesn't matter, as I think she'll have her job back next month.

Harley

Embarassment Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
I loved Season 1. I don't think Season 2 has pulled it together yet. Too much of it focuses on Liv and Major being in or out of a relationship, depending on the episode. There was some plot points out there, that if they capitalize on, could turn it into a cool season story arc.

Road to Gotham

Kind of an odd schedule for the show, New episode last night.
An actor is murder when a prop gun is replaced with a real gun.
Major gets sneaky.
Didn't take for Liv to get back into the good graces of the Police Department.

Next new episode is February 2nd.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Yeah, the conflict between Liv and Clive was resolved a little too easily. Loved the twist with Major though; it's about time he did something smart.

The break must be due to all the Legends of Tomorrow promotion. They're actually bumping iZombie next week to run a clip show that serves no purpose but to advertise LoT.

hobbyfan

Legends is getting pushed pretty heavy, and iZombie is off for two weeks. Scheduling is kind of backward in a way.

hobbyfan

Bringing this forward to address last night's episode.

Blaine has amnesia----or so it'd seem. Major's now a zombie, and, worse, is busted for the "Chaos Killer/Kidnappings". Don E. & Chief are going into business for themselves to take advantage of Blaine's "condition", and it won't end well.

So the "other" Rob Thomas (Matchbox 20) is doing the Super Max jingle. Clever. Had read he would be appearing on the show.

Hopefully, the double-size season finale ties up all the loose ends so we can start fresh for season 3.

hobbyfan

Instead of one singular episode, they go with two separate ones back to back. Seems as though the finale was moved forward so they could find room for Containment.

Poor Liv. First, Major's busted---twice---and released---twice. Then, she finds her new squeeze is a full-on zombie, no thanks to Vaughn. Seems as though she'll wind up back with Major after all, which isn't so bad.

And, then, and we should've seen this coming, she 'fesses up to Clive about her secret. Liv does look hot in riot squad gear, though. Have to say I am not too enthused about season 3 and the fact that season 2 ended a month too early. Not digging waiting six months for the return.

Road to Gotham

IZombie is probably the BEST of the DC/Vertigo shows on TV.
Season 2 was very good with nice setup for Season 3.

hobbyfan

Bumping this forward as season 3 has begun. I think Penguin was busy to the point where he didn't start a season 3 thread on time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts