International Nickelodeon Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

And it begins...

03d60734f55d9da5fd268479f3cfbfbd.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The closest thing was a Sinhala dub of it airing on Rupavahini about two or three years ago. Though it's not a Nick show from the onset.

As I said, the only Nick show that aired on the channel was Space Cases back in the spring of 2016. It was subtitled.

animegamer

I am able to watch Nick India for free on this brand new service called Bioscope Live. It's run by grameenphone.

68b36019fd21736ba86d6c85cefa01db.jpg

And yes they got the wrong EPG.

animegamer

If CN was there it would be helpful. I could use the screen recorder coming in iOS 11 to record some stuff.

Also on Nick jr, whenever they play the Alvin opening they keep on playing the same one from "Principal Interest" and don't show the actual episode name. They do this with all their shows.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Kind of reminds me of the time when CN Africa aired the intro to Regular Show attached to the intro to the first episode (The Power) before going on to the episode's title card.

animegamer

This was from 2015. I guess when they said that, they really weren't lying.

oggy_promo_02_gba3b.jpg

And didn't they "move" it to Sonic a few months after it relaunched?

animegamer

Jaipuria feels that the strategic shift of getting people who have already sampled ‘Pakdam Pakdai’ on Nick will help in adding to the viewer base of Sonic. The action-oriented channel is targeted at the 10–17 age group.

Another reason for the franchise being shifted is that Nick has snatched back its tent-pole chase property ‘Oggy and the Cockroaches’ from Cartoon Network. The kids broadcaster doesn’t want to air two chase properties on its flagship channel Nick.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/television/chase-comedy-pakdam-pakdai-moves-from-nick-to-fuel-sonics-growth/ | TelevisionPost.com

Then why did they move it to Sonic?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Because of "the action cartoon theory" since many Indian parents don't want their kids to watch violent content. And that's probably how it moved to Sonic, though I'm not sure, as this story must have hundreds of variations.

animegamer

‘Oggy and the Cockroaches’ to move to Sonic

With ‘Shiva’ launching on Nick, the network has decided to move chase comedy show ‘Oggy and the Cockroaches’ to its action/comedy channel Sonic. Jaipuria is confident that ‘Shiva’ will make up for ‘Oggy and the Cockroaches’, which provides around 20–22 per cent of Nick’s viewership. A pure action channel will not have a wider appeal; however, a mix of action and comedy can be an infallible recipe for success, feels Jaipuria. Jaipuria believes that the strategic decision to shift ‘Oggy and the Cockroaches’ will help widen Sonic’s viewership pool. An elaborate marketing campaign has been designed to announce the shift of the property from Nick to Sonic. “This will help us create a very robust content pipeline for Nickelodeon and Sonic, ensuring viewership growth and engagement,” she affirmed.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/television/viacom18-to-launch-hd-kids-channel-nick-hd-unveils-local-ip-shiva-for-nick/ | TelevisionPost.com

MOVE you say.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
See? I was right. These days, in certain parts of the world like Portugal or India, action cartoons are not well-met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts