International Nickelodeon Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

Edit (for @animegamer) - In an interview, Nina Hahn, SVP of production and development at Nickelodeon International, explained why Nick India doesn't show that much content from the main Nick content pipeline:

“Nickelodeon’s Western-produced content doesn’t do well on Nick India, and more generally, lots of the Western content doesn’t work because kids in India have a different taste to many other kids,” explains Hahn.

Nick also has a animated project being developed in India for its international network.
Something similar was said back in 2010, that the shows weren't relevant for the Indian audience. They preferred shows with universal appeal.

But I don't understand why the entire subcontinent had to deal with whatever they like.

Oh My Rocko

Hardcore Nickelodeon Fan
CEE:
cee.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
They should make multilingual promos.

But then again that would confuse the viewer. English should be the official language, not pictograms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm thinking about leaving animesuperhero forums in the future. I don't know if I want to continue posting much if nobody else is interested.
Also another thing is I have lot of stuff to do and too busy.
Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.

Featured Posts