International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Donut

We don't get the Englush dub and the songs are still in Spanish!
No one in my class likes it, but I know some girls that are half my age and took their Violetta magazines from their homes during the breaks...
OFF: Good luck on the thread.
Having heard of this at all so I had to go check. I don't suppose there is any real way to get it on at all in the states unless Disney does the unthinkable and license the show to another broadcaster here (of course it's dominated by Univision and Comcast's Telemundo). I suppose if they even think to try getting it on the regular channel it would probably be dubbed for the normal dialogue (songs would probably remain the same), and if we were lucky, the original Spanish audio included as a SAP option (recall many DC programs often indicated that).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Having heard of this at all so I had to go check. I don't suppose there is any real way to get it on at all in the states unless Disney does the unthinkable and license the show to another broadcaster here (of course it's dominated by Univision and Comcast's Telemundo). I suppose if they even think to try getting it on the regular channel it would probably be dubbed for the normal dialogue (songs would probably remain the same), and if we were lucky, the original Spanish audio included as a SAP option (recall many DC programs often indicated that).
From what I've seen, the English dub of Violetta airing in the UK has the songs in English.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Wanders Wereld is coming to Disney XD NL in May!

---------

As you guys all know, I really hate dubbings of live-actions shows.

What I do like about them, is the translated opening song! ^^ Especially That's So Raven's opening song is awesome!

1. The English version: That's So Raven Theme Song - YouTube
2. The Brazilian Portuguese version: That's So Raven Opening Brazilian Portuguese HQ - YouTube
3. The Hindi version: That's So Raven Theme Song HINDI HD - YouTube
4. The Spanish version version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfnIkhC5bLA
5. The Latino Spanish version: Estan Raven - intro - YouTube

There are all SO funny XD Just perfect!
If anyone finds another version, please post it! :) (I also like Sonny with a Chance, but the opening sequence isn't that great as TSR's opening)

They used the English version in the Dutch dubbing, which makes it even worse! I really wanted to hear this song in Dutch! (Anneliese van der Pol, the actress of Chelsea, is Dutch btw)
And unfortunately, the Polish and European Portuguese versions did the same :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Moleoman

Worser thing is that, the Polish version of "That's So Raven" was done in voice-over method.

And now here's some trivia from history of Disney Channel in Poland:
Here's how Disney Channel launched in Poland on 2nd December 2006 (from my memory): Until 17.00 CET this testcard was shown: Disney Channel - Testcard - YouTube but it had written "Początek programu o 17.00" on the top right. When came 17.00 CET the last frame of Kim Possible ident (if you don't know what ident I was talking about: Disney Channel Worldwide - KIM POSSIBLE - Ident - YouTube) was shown and after that "The Incredibles" started. After the movie the channel opted out into Disney Channel MEA/Scandinavia with a classic cartoon: Donald's Tire Trouble (it had the Arabic, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish end credits between "The End" plate and "Distributed by Buena Vista International" logo).
Here's how the schedule of Disney Channel in Poland looked during the launch day (2nd December 2006 + some episode titles that I remember):
until 17.00 infocard stating "The Program Begins at 17.00"
17.00 The Incredibles
---- channel cuts to DC MEA/Scandinavia --------
18:50 Classic Cartoons (Donald's Tire Trouble)
19:00 Lilo and Stitch II: Stitch Has a Glitch
20:05 Recess (ep.: The Secret Life of Grotke)
20:15 The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
20:40 That's So Raven
21:05 Phil of the Future (ep.: Christmas Break)
21:27 Boy Meets World
21:50 Classic Cartoons (Modern Inventions)
22:00-06:00 infocard stating "The Program Begins at 06.00"

Disney Channel Poland (Scandianvia, Middle East, Africa and Poland) schedule for 3rd December 2006:
06:00 Quack Pack
06:25 Goof Troop
06:50 House of Mouse
07:15 The Legend of Tarzan (I turned on TV this day during this show)
07:35 Lilo and Stitch: The Series
08:00-11:15 Second part of Kim Possible Villains Marathon: (Yes, second part! Due to "wrong" timing of the launch in Poland only Scandinavia, Middle East and Africa got the first part. Heck, the "continuation" of the marathon promo aired a day earlier in Polish!)
08:00 Kim Possible (ep: Hidden Talent)
08:25 Kim Possible
08:50 Kim Possible
09:15 Kim Possible
09:40 Kim Possible
10:00 Kim Possible
10:25 Kim Possible
10:50 Kim Possible
11:15 Classic Cartoons
11:30 Kim Possible: So the Drama
12:50 American Dragon: Jake Long (ep: Old School Training)
13:15 Quack Pack
13:40 The Legend of Tarzan
14:00 Recess
14:25 The Buzz on Maggie (ep: Bugsitting / Le Termite)
14:50 Brandy and Mr. Whiskers (ep: Pedigree, Schmedigree / The Howler Bunny)
15:15 Goof Troop
15:35 House of Mouse
16:00 The Emperor's New Groove II: Kronk's New Groove
17:35 Lloyd in Space
18:00 Kim Possible
18:20 Recess
18:45 Classic Cartoons
19:00 High School Musical
20:35 That's So Raven
21:00 Phil of the Future
21:25 Boy Meets World
21:50 Classic Cartoons
22:00-06:00 testcard "The Program Begins at 06.00"

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Here’s a list of acquired cartoons on both the Dutch and Flemish Disney Channels:
-A Kind of Magic
-The Amazing Spiez!
-Bad Dog
-Braceface
-Captain Flamingo
-Casper’s Scared School
-The Davincibles
-Famous Five On the Case
-Go! Go! Itsutsugo Land (anime)
-Jacob Two-Two
-Jimmy Two-Shoes
-The Kids from Room 402
-Kid vs. Kat
-Matt’s Monsters
-Monster High
-Oscar's Oasis
-Pat & Stan
-Planet Sketch
-Pucca
-Scaredy Squirrel
-Shuriken School
-Stoked
-The Tofu’s
-Totally Spies
-W.I.T.C.H.
-Wunschpunsch
I'm pretty sure that’s it. (I’ve always ‘followed’ the TV schedule Disney Channel very closely because I didn’t want to miss any nice cartoons)
I haven’t mentioned any shows on the Disney Junior block.

And Go! Go! Itsutsugo Land isn't the only anime they've aired, 'cause they've also aired Stitch!. (but that's a Disney cartoon of course)

The only cartoon of this list which I really like, is Jacob Two-Two, but they’ve only aired the first two seasons :(
Jimmy Two-Shoes was okay… (But they’ve only aired the first season, though the second season also aired on Disney XD. The third season has never aired)

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
DC Portugal airs some third-party cartoons overnight, such ad W.I.T.C.H., Atomic Betty and Rekkit Rabbit.
They air Littelest Pet Shop 1-2 times a day, that's the only Hub Network show to air with an English audio track over here.

Tommy Lawson

Staff member

Theoretically, Univision or Unimas would be viable options for airing the exact same show with the original Spanish audio. Both of those channels have aired family oriented telenovelas in recent years, when Unimas used to be Telefutura. However, that would only cover those who can understand the Spanish version in the U.S., leaving out a lot of English only speakers. It's doubtful Disney would want the show airing like that in the U.S.

The far more likely option for the U.S. IMHO is an adaptation. If the U.S. Disney Channel were to air a dub of Violetta, they probably would have done so by now, as it has been on the air since May 2012. We've gone nearly two years without signs of them airing the English dub, so I don't think they're going to do that. However, they might follow the Grachi to Every Witch Way path and make something new for English speaking audiences. Disney has made adaptations from foreign shows before, like making the Power Rangers TV show from Japan's Super Sentai, so it's not that far of a stretch to believe they might try it for Violetta.

Also, the cast of Violetta just completed a tour of Latin America and Europe. From an article in Spanish at Terra, the big number that stands out is 925,000. That's how many spectators there were in total for all the performances, something that should get the attention of the U.S. Disney Channel IMO.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Disney XD SEA has expanded in the last few months (from what I've seen a few months ago), now they launched the channel in Indonesia (DXD SEA), Thailand (DXD SEA) and Sri Lanka (DXD IN).
And we're one month ahead of the launch of the new Australian channels (DXD AU and Foxtel Movies Disney).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A little too late, but these are this mont's highlights on DJ and DC Portugal:
DISNEY JUNIOR:
Last week they aired a "Happy Birthday, Jake" marathon from 03/03 to 08/03. A special episode "Jake's Pirate School" premiered last Monday.
There will be a Doc McStuffins marathon (Vamos ao Check-Up) from 24/03 to 30/03.
DISNEY CHANNEL:
The second season of Austin and Ally finished it's first run last Friday at 19:15. The "Rock and Ross" special block next Friday features the premiere of season 3.
Season 3 of Minnie and You will premiere on 28/03 at 18:00.
New episodes of Dog With a Blog premiere on 28/03 at 18:50.
Also, the "basic cable" premiere of Bolt will happen on the same date at 19:40. The terrestrial premiere was on Christmas Eve 2010 on SIC.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
DC Portugal has an independent site again (they stopped having one with the latest webrand of Disney's European home pages) and they only mention four providers (all Portuguese ones): ZON, MEO, Vodafone and Cabovisão. What about Clix? ZON has merged with Optimus and there will be a new name soon.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

Francisque

Hi to everyone
I'm new here: since we got some Swedish and Polish members, I wanted to ask a question about the "old" Disney Channel Scandinavia/Poland" shared channel; did the channel during 2003-2006 had proper idents and bumpers before programmes like this one? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f8q86chUEE ; although I imagine that if they were present they were without any name, just images of the show), or they just went straight to the programme after the promos?. They had end credit promotions like the ones seen at 4:15 here?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OouKxxzCis8
Take notice that DC Scandinavia is operated from Disney Channel UK, so I expect it to have lot of similarities

I know that Disney Channel UK used to have the bumpers like shown in these videos between 2003 and the Summer 2006; after Summer 2006 (shortly after they stopped becoming a premium channel and having switched to the Basic packages in March 2006; Disney Cinemagic launched in March 2006 too) they dropped that style of ident/bumper before the programmes, and all the remaining presentation was a rather bland menu shown either during credits or straight after the end of a programme, according to the programme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-Nn8aDoNM ;( there also was a green background/yellow variant), that I think was used on DC Scandinavia/Poland too

Francisque

Our DC had an unscrambled block in 2002.
More details when I remake my first post on this thread.
Disney Channel Italy used to have a few "unscrambled weekend" for promoting the channel between 1998 (launch) and 2005, and to a lesser extent after that (they even had a free weekend for some reasons 1 week before they stopped being premium, which was in 2006; therefore they stopped doing "free promotions"
Today I found out other European countries got their Disney networks a long time before us! Does anybody know why Disney waited so long before they launched the Dutch channels? :confused:
Smaller countries = more niche market ; as I understand DC Portugal operation has always been more strictly linked with the Spanish one (but not so extreme as sharing the same feed as Scandinavia, as far as I know).. you sadly got DC when it became a stale(r) channel

Francisque

Wow, well what I know is that no DC channel around the world still uses one ident from 2003, but in the US they still only sometimes use an old ident from 2009 or something. Here in Scandinavia they only use idents and promos with the new logo, something that's interesting is that when DC Hungary / Czech airs a DCOM or Movie they use the old logo from 2007-2010
DC Central Europe has always been a bit of a mess as far as graphics and promos are concerned (DC UK, which is at the head of the channel, seems to treat better the presentation in Scandinavia), since their launch it has been a mix of graphics of different eras and always been careless; the fact that they cannot use a particular linguistic reference in their promos, idents, bumpers amplifies that sensation

Francisque

On Disney Channel here in Sweden, we can only switch between Swedish - English only on some operators, If you chose English, everything and promos gets into english except some idents...

P.S We finally know when I Didn't Do It will premiere here, they will show a sneak peek on April 11 and it will later premiere in May :D
Because as I understand it, while Denmark, Norway and Sweden have their own dubbing of thew presentation (promos, idents &c), Finland doesn't, and just has Finnish-dubbed programming; the English feed on presentation indeed seems to cater more the Finnish side, especially when the English narrator says "disneychannel.fi".. Finland seems to be the weak link of the feed, since it's ignored when they put on screen of pan-Germanic Scandinavian inscriptions like "Ny" "Fredag" &c ; apparently DC UK redations ignore them and doesn't use English! .. also, DC Scandinavia seems to also be broadcast in the Baltic countries (in the local languages for programmes sometimes, and even in Russian!)

Francisque

Today at 16:31, the We Love Sextas 4:3 bumper has returned. They play this bumper at random times by accident.
Also, Have a Laugh! was in Portuguese only despite the "(((DUAL)))" bug appearing.
Here DC has never promoted dual audio, and we had it since the launch (while for subtitles is more of a mess; they even have that useless "Disney in English" channel, which is stupid since it could be replaced by 24/7 subtitles on the normal channels, which is also becoming more common now); actually the great majority of paying channels has it (less the FTA channels), so viewers take it for granted

dcbanners

Well, what I know is that Disney Channel in Finland shares with the Swedish feed.
I have noticed that when the short Violetta; The Scoop promo appears here in Sweden, they only write "disneychannel.se", and when they air the Violetta music video, they air the swedish one in Sweden, Danish one in Denmark etc..

Francisque

Well, what I know is that Disney Channel in Finland shares with the Swedish feed.
I have noticed that when the short Violetta; The Scoop promo appears here in Sweden, they only write "disneychannel.se", and when they air the Violetta music video, they air the swedish one in Sweden, Danish one in Denmark etc..
Maybe when recently they added the national feeds for the ads? I know that when this wasn't the case (especially when DC was ads-free) some promotions used to say each website; when it was needed the narrator used to say the correspondent national one but the English one was directed to the Finnish (disneychannel.fi).. maybe now it has changed, but since Finland still hasn't got an own feed it uses the Swedish one (with English audio for continuity) I don't think they'ill notice any difference

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Disney Channel Italy used to have a few "unscrambled weekend" for promoting the channel between 1998 (launch) and 2005, and to a lesser extent after that (they even had a free weekend for some reasons 1 week before they stopped being premium, which was in 2006; therefore they stopped doing "free promotions"

Smaller countries = more niche market ; as I understand DC Portugal operation has always been more strictly linked with the Spanish one (but not so extreme as sharing the same feed as Scandinavia, as far as I know).. you sadly got DC when it became a stale(r) channel
DC PT's unscrambled block, Hora dos Heróis aired Hercules, Aladdin and Buzz Lightyear, there was also a weekend (scrambled) block with a theme every week, like We Love Sextas but it aired movies. I found this info from this text: NDTVPTDowns • 2014: Parabéns Disney Channel Portugal !
And yes, it IS linked to DC ES, without some third-party shows and the premiere dates are sometimes on the same day as Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.

Featured Posts