International Disney Networks Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
Disney Channel MEA/Turkey/Poland continuity from Sunday, June 21, 2009 in Arabic - around the same time the feed gradually stopped dubbing promos into Arabic, as the undubbed live-action productions started to dominate the channel:
Also, at the end of video they've accidentaly used the "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (I think that the VA's pronounciation of show's name sounds a bit Indian to me)now bumper instead "The Suite Life on Deck" bumper.
Selena and Demi on the video thumbnail. ❤

Bumper errors are very rare as heck. Also using an bootleg instrumental of "So What" by Pink is more weirder than I remembered.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
This 4,5-minute long Sky Television launch film includes a 1989 Disney Channel UK promo at 04:04.
TVARK Media Player
The channel launched at a time Disney was at a slight crossroads. When the channel started in the USA six years earlier they were still in the midst of a crisis. No wonder investing in television animation and The Little Mermaid helped push the company out of their existential crisis, only after 1995 the channel was made profitable worldwide.

Rrr

DJ Nordic just aired a episode of T.O.T.S with the “Mickey Mornings” now bumper and voiceover. During the afternoon. Lol.

Last edited:

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
It’s Kristal Astro, and it seems to focus on TV services only

Yeah, but the thing is……they receive the same content as the Malaysian Astro except for a few omissions due to licensing (probably the only broadcasters operating in that region are RTB and BNC which are not available on Astro Brunei AT ALL)

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, MAY 10, 2021 - FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021
00:00 Oops Ikooo (Mon) / PriPara (Tue) / Rolling Stars (Wed) / Jungle Survival (Thu) / Magic Scientists Club (Fri)
03:40 PriPara (Thu) / K.C. Undercover (Fri)
06:00 Tish Tash
06:30 Super Wings
06:50 Vampirina
07:20 Play-Doh on Disney Junior
07:30 Catch! Teenieping
08:30 Super Z (Mon-Thu) / Galaxy Guards* (Fri)
09:00 The Octonauts
09:30 Mira, Royal Detective (Mon-Wed) / T.O.T.S. (Thu-Fri)
10:00 Franky & Friends
11:00 Secret Jouju: Guardians of Star
11:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
12:30 Wadda tv
13:30 Hanging On!
15:00 Catch! Teenieping
16:00 Cinderella (Mon) / Beauty and the Beast (Tue) / Aladdin (Wed) / The Princess and the Frog (Thu) / Frozen (Dub) (Fri)
17:30 Amphibia (Mon*,Tue) / The 7D (Wed)
18:00 The 7D (Thu-Fri)
18:30 Catch! Teenieping (Tue)
19:00 Catch! Teenieping (except Tue)
20:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Mon-Thu) / Wreck-It-Ralph (Dub) (Fri)
21:00 Star vs. the Forces of Evil (Mon-Thu)
22:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Tue) / Journey of Long (Wed-Fri)
23:00 Hanging On!

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2021 - SUNDAY, MAY 16, 2021
00:00 I'm Mongni (Sat) / Dobi Dobi Mansion (Sun)
03:40 K.C. Undercover
06:00 Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures
06:30 Puppy Dog Pals
06:50 Play-Doh on Disney Junior
07:00 Doc McStuffins: Pet Rescue
07:30 Teenie Scouts Big Five (* on Sat)
08:00 Inside Out (Sat) / Cinderella (Sun)
09:30 Catch! Teenieping (Sun)
09:30 Mickey Mouse (Sat)
10:00 DuckTales* (Sat)
10:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sun)
11:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Sat)
12:00 Hello Jadoo (Sun)
13:00 Star vs. the Forces of Evil (Sat)
13:30 DuckTales (Sun)
16:00 Brave (Dub) (Sat) / Ratatouille (Sun)
17:30 Mickey Mouse (Sat)
18:00 Monsters, Inc. (Dub) (Sat) / Marvel's Spider-Man (Sun)
19:00 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy* (Sun)
20:00 Catch! Teenieping (Sat) / A Bug's Life (Dub) (Sun)
21:00 Hello Jadoo (Sat)
22:00 Hanging On! (Sat) / Hello Jadoo (Sun)
23:00 Hanging On! (Sun)

All times KST (UTC+9). Start time subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

Here's the actual schedule of DC Korea for last week.

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, MAY 17, 2021 - FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2021
00:00 Z Rangers (Mon) / Art Odyssey (Tue) / Rolling Stars (Wed) / Bizaardvark (Thu-Fri)
03:40 K.C. Undercover (Mon-Tue) / Singibanggi Show Season 2 (Wed)
06:00 Tish Tash
06:30 Super Wings
06:50 Vampirina
07:20 Play-Doh on Disney Junior
07:30 Catch! Teenieping
08:30 Super Z (Mon-Thu) / Galaxy Guards* (Fri)
09:00 The Octonauts
09:30 Mira, Royal Detective (Mon-Tue) / Miraculous World: New York, United Heroez (Wed) / T.O.T.S. (Thu*-Fri)
10:00 Franky & Friends (except Wed)
11:00 Secret Jouju: Guardians of Star (except Wed) / Inside Out (Wed)
11:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (except Wed)
12:30 Wadda tv (except Wed)
13:00 Marvel Battleworld: Mystery of the Thanostones (Wed)
13:30 Hanging On!
15:00 Catch! Teenieping (Mon-Thu) / Time Traveler Luke* (Fri)
16:00 Zootopia (Mon) / The Incredibles (Tue) / Ratatouille (Wed) / Tarzan (Thu) / Aladdin (Fri)
17:30 The 7D (Fri)
18:00 Amphibia (Mon*,Tue) / The 7D (Wed-Thu)
19:00 Catch! Teenieping
20:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Mon-Thu) / Up (Fri)
21:00 Star vs. the Forces of Evil (Mon-Thu)
22:00 Hello Jadoo (Mon-Tue) / Journey of Long (Wed-Fri)
23:00 Hanging On! (Mon-Wed) / Disney 11* (Thu-Fri)

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2021 - SUNDAY, MAY 23, 2021
00:00 Star Wars: The Clone Wars
06:00 Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures
06:30 Puppy Dog Pals
06:50 Play-Doh on Disney Junior
07:00 Doc McStuffins
07:30 Teenie Scouts Big Five (* on Sat)
08:00 Toy Story (Dub) (Sat) / Toy Story 2 (Dub) (Sun)
10:00 Catch! Teenieping
11:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
13:00 The 7D
14:00 Hello Jadoo
16:00 Secret of the Wings (Dub) (Sat) / The Pirate Fairy (Dub) (Sun)
17:30 Zootopia (Sat) / Catch! Teenieping (Sun)
19:00 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy* (Sun)
19:30 Catch! Teenieping (Sat)
20:00 The Lion King (Sun)
21:00 Hello Jadoo (Sat)
22:00 Hanging On! (Sat) / Hello Jadoo (Sun)
23:00 Disney 11*

All times KST (UTC+9). Subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

And here's DC Korea's schedule for this week with some daytime changes on Wednesday, a national holiday. There's new Amphibia, T.O.T.S., Disney 11, Galaxy Guards, Time Traveler Luke, Teenie Scouts Big Five, and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

JedSwag

Stuck in the Middle will get new episodes starting May 24 (next week) on Disney International HD India

Walker

Disney Channel MEA/Turkey/Poland continuity from Sunday, June 21, 2009 in Arabic - around the same time the feed gradually stopped dubbing promos into Arabic, as the undubbed live-action productions started to dominate the channel:
Also, at the end of video they've accidentaly used the "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (I think that the VA's pronounciation of show's name sounds a bit Indian to me)now bumper instead "The Suite Life on Deck" bumper.
Wow, those were good times. Until January 12, 2012, there was a Turkish voice on EMEA broadcast :(. I was wondering. The logo looks different, is there a special program or something? Why don't the live action series have Arabic dubbing? Except for one or two promo, there are generally not Arabic dubbing. Why?

Also, as far as I know, 6 countries (or more) had EMEA broadcasts, but as far as I know for Arabic subtitles it was not directly visible on the screen. I know Subtitles are turned on from the remote. Because when I was dubbed in Turkish, I was opening Greece, English and Arabic as subtitles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrr

Walker

That on-screen logo was clearly intended to promote Princess Protection Program :)
Thanks for the info and something caught my attention. The time is shown, but I know that not all countries have the same time zone. For example, I know that the time zone between Turkey and Greece or Greece and Arabia is different. Do you know why it was shown like that?

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Doing research for when I do my Disney Channel Europe page:

Not sure if these have been shared before, I did do a search on the forums before hand and Lenodal was mentioned before:
The launch of Disney Channel France: vidéo : Lancement Disney Channel (1997)
More Disney Channel France videos here: MEDIAS.lenodal.com

Info about the 1997 Disney Channel branding package: Jus de Prod

The Production Design Company (partly owned by Pearson Television/Thames Television) did title sequences, channel promotions and campaigns for the channel. They didn't have a website, not even on the Wayback Machine, so I looked up the company on Companies House.

The Pearson Television connection is an interesting one, as Disney Channel UK were based at Teddington Studios (was used by Thames) for the first year of broadcasting and then they moved to their other location at Thames' old HQ at Stephen Street. Pearson also did the playout for the channel as well, then RTL bought Pearson's TV assets, their London playout business (London Playout Centre) was then sold off to Ascent Media, which then got bought out by Encompass, so notwithstanding the company takeovers, they've never actually changed playout companies.

In September 1997 Disney decided to make more of the continuity links between programmes and CTV (Corinthian Television) was contracted out to do them at St John's Wood Studios, after a run of many interstitials this became "Disney Channel UK Live" and was relaunched as Studio Disney on 23rd April 2001. In 2002, Disney Channel moved to Chiswick Park, which is where Disney EMEA operations are still based today (and Fox Kids moved there in 2004 during the Jetix conversion process), Discovery, Paramount and The Pokémon Company International are also based there. Their actual HQ is on Queen Caroline Street in Hammersmith, which is not far away.

In 2002, the playout studio in Chiswick featured one of the first ever fully file-based automated playout systems involving digital robotic archive storage and server-based automated play-out.

Last edited:

ChickyBro

taiga is great
So, apparently, the Thai dubbing for The Owl House Season 2 has started for a while already, and the Thai dub for Amphibia Season 2 Finale "True Colors" also has been finished for some time now.

I really don't understand why Disney doesn't do simulcasts for their cartoons.

Sent from my vivo 1919 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrr

ChickyBro

taiga is great
Disney+ Hotstar is expected to launch in Thailand in partnership with Thai telecom giant AIS.

Thai IT news site Beartai also found this.
de85dc1a2114fe09a1d94f14533e0218.jpg

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
Disney+ Hotstar is expected to launch in Thailand in partnership with Thai telecom giant AIS.

If this happens, Disney+ Hotstar will have to make a lot of deals with local companies to supply content to that service.

ChickyBro

taiga is great
If this happens, Disney+ Hotstar will have to make a lot of deals with local companies to supply content to that service.
Disney+ Hotstar has already made deals with various production companies from India, Indonesia, and Malaysia.

Update: Some hotstar pages redirect to /th in my country now. Expect an official announcement soon.
hotstar.com/feedback -> hotstar.com/th/feedback -> hotstar.com/in/th/feedback (404 page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) live tomorrow night (as of this post) :D
I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?
If I had a nickel for every time a Netflix preschool show had a same sex wedding, I'd have 2 nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's cool that it happened twice. I'm referring to Ada Twist Scientist and Princess Power by the way.

Featured Posts